APEC BMW

Srt911

BMW to Singapore is like Proton to Malaysia - our national car.

No offense intended to Malaysians.

I agree. Each time i stop at the traffic light and look around me, most of the time there wld be a bmw or merc.

↡ Advertisement

I agree. Each time i stop at the traffic light and look around me, most of the time there wld be a bmw or merc.

Yep there was even once where i was surrounded by BMWs, left, right and front.

Nice car but such a common sight

if i were the dealer, sure sell all stock away every time ASAP. don't care whether got incoming stock or not. car is car only lah. keep stock for what? I prefer hard cash! if German can't supply enough, pressurized them jialat jialat! they will not angry one.

Edited by Coder

if i were the dealer, sure sell all stock away every time ASAP. don't care whether got incoming stock or not. car is car only lah. keep stock for what? I prefer hard cash! if German can't supply enough, pressurized them jialat jialat! they will not angry one.

PML is keeping the apec car for lelong next year , as the new model is coming i heard 2nd quarter. So now they are clearing their other stock first. But there is no point buying now as you will lose a lot when the new model is out.

This shows that singaporean is cash poor , asset rich

PML is keeping the apec car for lelong next year , as the new model is coming i heard 2nd quarter. So now they are clearing their other stock first. But there is no point buying now as you will lose a lot when the new model is out.

Last few batch has high equipment spec but OMV no change. Juz look at E39 Executive.

look. BMW spend 18mil for a brand-building excercise by sponsoring cars for the APEC.

hmmm ever asked yourself how often u see ads of bmw on tv? they dont need ads to sell their cars i guess.

I suppose their market strategy has never been to appeal to the mass public but the dedicated few.. more than often who had no time to watch tv. [idea]

But in any way.. tv ads are not cheap either.. especially during prime time. kimchi kimchi kimchi.... [:p]

Edited by Espire

there is TOO MANY BEEMERS AND MERCS AROUND!!!! [laugh]....everywhere u go bound to see one and i mean everywhere!!!!!

If u combine the population of bmws & mercs, i tink they can seriously rival toyota [thumbsup]

I remember there is a thread about population of car based on different make and i recall BMW is rank above Mazda. There are more BMW on the road than many Jap brand including Mazda.

Mazda cars very expensive compared to its Japanese counterparts.

Better not buy. Not worth :D

I remember there is a thread about population of car based on different make and i recall BMW is rank above Mazda. There are more BMW on the road than many Jap brand including Mazda.

Mazda cars very expensive compared to its Japanese counterparts.

Better not buy. Not worth :D

the word is expensive is relative. what is expensive to you may be affordable to another

there is TOO MANY BEEMERS AND MERCS AROUND!!!! [laugh]....everywhere u go bound to see one and i mean everywhere!!!!!

agree! [:p]

Edited by 1l0v3you

Actually, Mazda is just slightly more than BMW. See link above.

I thought it is quite silly to keep the cars... I mean to keep nearly 300 cars at some storage area and don't use for so long time until next major event (not like there are a lot in a year), the cars just sit there collect dust and continue to depreciate in value. Engine never run, left there stationary good for the car? Then maybe they will regularly service from time to time, that's at their own cost also. I thought it makes more sense to sell them and they don't need to bother about storage and maintenance. Not to mention how many years are they going to keep using it, every few years either new model or facelift come out, then the fleet would be 'outdated', don't they want to showcase as new a model if they can? But I guess they have their reasons.

i actually saw these bmw parked at the transport camp near portsdown road....this was 1 month ago, so now i know how come i see A LOT of bmws in that camp.

German luxury carmaker BMW is supplying close to 300 cars to ferry the high-profile participants - including United States President Barack Obama - to and from the Apec meetings being hosted in Singapore.

Obama also using one of those BMW's. I wonder if his car have bulletproof glass.

Btw guys, prepare for traffic jam. I remember when George Bush came here some years ago, there were massive jams everywhere due to TP stopping traffic to clear road for him.

↡ Advertisement