Toyota Camry

Wish1719

There r 2 types for Thai made. Newer model come with HID lamp the other just normal Halogen. No different in engine cap, only outlook. 2.0 n 2.4. I am not sure about the JDM model. I think Thai made outlook is nicer.

Camry 1 is old model

Camry  2 is newer model

hi bros, am looking at yr 07 and 08 camry.. saw that there are differences in outlook. is this the thai and jap difference? can any bros enlighten? thanks in advance.

btw, those camry comes with 70l tanks?

post-142164-0-44882400-1446539277_thumb.jpg

post-142164-0-41810300-1446539335_thumb.jpg

Edited by renhau
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There r 2 types for Thai made. Newer model come with HID lamp the other just normal Halogen. No different in engine cap, only outlook. 2.0 n 2.4. I am not sure about the JDM model. I think Thai made outlook is nicer.

Camry 1 is old model

Camry 2 is newer model

wow thanks bro. the foglamps r different. then I suppose the other type is jdm.

Hi bro, for your first question, yes there are some difference between Jap and Thai. If you compare the 2.4L, below are some differences

1. Front passenger seat for Jap version does not have the side buttons to adjust for the seats that is located on the side near to the driver.

2. The design of the car for both Jap and Thai make is different. The Jap make front is rounder and if I remember correctly it does not comes with HID light.

3. Interior wise, not much different but surprisingly the OMV for Thai made is higher than the Jap made.

4. For the fuel tank you are correct it is 70L.

I hope this helps in your decision in choosing. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

thanks bro... sounds like I shd be looking out for mit ones.. thanks again.

No prob if you have further questions do pm me. As I just got a uses camry this year only so some information is still fresh in my head.

Both Thai made. attached is JDM model

post-142164-0-03692700-1446603251_thumb.jpg

Any 2.0 facelift owners can provide info on FC? Would like to see how much of a difference the new engine and gearbox make.

I am getting an average of 13km/l based on 70/30.

• Praise 1

I am getting an average of 13km/l based on 70/30.

Very good fig.

How the drive and handling?

Seldom see the new camry on the road, maybe the shipment not arrived yet?

I think it is very good. Tire pump how hard?

I follow manual recommendation.

Very good fig.

How the drive and handling?

Seldom see the new camry on the road, maybe the shipment not arrived yet?

Drive field and handling is acceptable. Cannot compare with conti.

The facelift was launched around June this year. Should see more on the roads soon especially after the free upgrade promotion.

Just a note, my normal commute is east to west via highway daily on weekdays. Weekends is a mix.

Edited by Lanky

The 2015 model Camry 2.5 fuel consumption (FC) is very impressive.     On a 95% highway driving (light-footed mostly), I hit 18.1km/L on a single trip, driving from Sengkang (KPE, MCE, AYE) to Jurong East, at an average speed of 80km/h throughout.  From the time I collected my car, the average FC has risen from 5.9km/L (started at 50km) to 11km/L (driven about 900km).  

On the return trip, driving at average 90km/h (AYE), the FC is about 16km/L.  Conclusion:  best FC is achieved at 80km/hr, not 90km/hr. 

I will be going for 1K servicing soon. Judging from my experience, my Camry's average FC should exceed the combined 12.9km/L stated in Toyota's brochure easily. 

post-166337-0-67678600-1448878587_thumb.jpg

post-166337-0-94455100-1448878594_thumb.jpg

The 2015 model Camry 2.5 fuel consumption (FC) is very impressive. On a 95% highway driving (light-footed mostly), I hit 18.1km/L on a single trip, driving from Sengkang (KPE, MCE, AYE) to Jurong East, at an average speed of 80km/h throughout. From the time I collected my car, the average FC has risen from 5.9km/L (started at 50km) to 11km/L (driven about 900km).

On the return trip, driving at average 90km/h (AYE), the FC is about 16km/L. Conclusion: best FC is achieved at 80km/hr, not 90km/hr.

I will be going for 1K servicing soon. Judging from my experience, my Camry's average FC should exceed the combined 12.9km/L stated in Toyota's brochure easily.

attachicon.gifFuel Consumption - Single Trip Highway mostly.JPG

Nice fc for the 2.5! Do note that the avg fc based calculated by the on board computer is not that accurate. I had exceeded 14km/l based on the computer readings before but manual calculations reveal only 13 plus. Anyway, I am satisfied with the fc for a 2.0l car.

↡ Advertisement