Improving handling of city vtec 2007

Somebody

Hey guys,

do you have any suggestions on improving the handling of a city vtec 2007? am looking at the cheapest and most effective way to improve the handling of the car. find it a little too wobbly at times.

it would be great if you could give your suggestions and estimated costs of implementing it. thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

lowering springs - $400

front strut bar - $250

front anti roll - $400

rear strut bar - $200

rear anti roll - $400

coilovers - $1000

larger rims + tires - unlimited.

the above are jus rough gauge of prices. all still depends one brand and quality and also where u buy them from.

Hey guys,

do you have any suggestions on improving the handling of a city vtec 2007? am looking at the cheapest and most effective way to improve the handling of the car. find it a little too wobbly at times.

it would be great if you could give your suggestions and estimated costs of implementing it. thanks!

In my opinion, there is no cheap and most effective way.

You can first consider strut bars, either brand new or 2nd hand. There are a few brands like Summit, Alutec or Ultra Racing. If you are still not satisfied, then can consider whether you want to change your stock suspension to a set of coilovers.

In daily driving of Singapore roads, adding strut bars to all the probable points of your car would be sufficient. Can try that first.

Once your suspension goes up the lorry, you might want to consider a good set of coils to beef up the handling.

Tyres play an important part as they are the only contacts to the road. You might want to look up more into wider and bigger tyres as well.

Neutral Newbie

Coilovers and anti roll bars will do the trick. Cos you cannot really feel any diff with strut bars tie bars under brace bars unless you go track.

Check if your City rear is using independent suspension or torsion beam cos from wat I know some cars like Vios or many hatchbacks uses rear torsion beam instead of independent rear shocks.If your rear use torsion beam you can forget abt rear anti roll bar liao.

Forget abt lowering springs they are purely for looks,handling wise is shitty and it spoils ur absorbers real fast

First thing first, upgrade from your stock tires to larger diameter tires (low aspect ratio) with tough sidewalls to minimise bulging during corners.

Install coilovers to reduce squats and body rolls during move offs.

I highly recommend installing strut bars in your engine bay.

I dont recommend installing anti roll bars (sway bars) first till you install better tires and coilovers.

Anti roll bars is to minimise body roll during hard cornering.

Anti flex bar is to prevent flexing in your chassis and body panels. This is important because now that your tires are harder and more rigid, the stress from flexing will be transferred to your body panels and chassis. The strut bar(s) is to absorb and resist the flexing.

Anyway, the city is inherently bad in handling due to the decision to position the fuel tanks beneath the seats resulting in a taller tip toe stance.

City, being a high CG car, it is a challenge to do stability mods... its depends what u want and your budgets... handling mods are not cheap

my recommendation is to get a set of coilover or sports suspension.. 4get about the strut bars..

if u wan to cut down the cost, go to fjc and buy used coilovers from them.. the common ones are bc, tein, tomei, and the rares are mugen/J's racing suspension...

remember to do some researches about the coilovers regards to linkage bar, serviceability, and cost of shocks replacement...

dont 4get ur braking mods such as better brake pad, 285mm rotor, ssbh, brake stopper, etc... u tends to go faster than in stock condition after install coilovers...

i will say brake/stability mods shall do together...

some guy mentioned to go to fjc to buy second hand coilovers, anyone here can pont me to info about "FJC"? can't seem to find it. thanks!