Car vibrate at high speed e.g 120km/hr

Kungfu

Recently kanna accident, front portion of car undergo repair, not bad though cause my car can still drive to workshop.

After take back car, at high speed like 100 - 120, can feel car vibrate. Never feel this before.

So talk to the workshop towkay, he said only got 2 reasons. Either engine mounting or check the tires

But how to see engine mounting got problem,cause the bump never even reach engine, still far, mine only barely 2 years car.

Tires I admit Indonesian tires almost 2 years liao

So - shall I check the tires or the engine mounting first??????????

↡ Advertisement

Looks like the shop only do comestic work, they did not the measuring tools to check your rid front undercarriage measurements. Looks like the drive shaft assemble maybe out of alignment.

Looks like the shop only do comestic work, they did not the measuring tools to check your rid front undercarriage measurements. Looks like the drive shaft assemble maybe out of alignment.

What???????????drive shaft out of alignment [speechless] [speechless] [speechless] [speechless]

I bump into back of a taxi at speed like 15km/hr only, front part went in,that's all. Can still drive.

Maybe do wheel alignment and see...........

What???????????drive shaft out of alignment [speechless] [speechless] [speechless] [speechless]

I bump into back of a taxi at speed like 15km/hr only, front part went in,that's all. Can still drive.

Maybe do wheel alignment and see...........

maybe internal injuries. don't underestimate low speed collisions ^_^

do tyre rotation and whell balancing

I second that - go to your tyreshop and have them do wheel balancing first. At 120km/h, it is likely there's only a slight dynamic unbalance in the wheels..

check tyres first. Old tyres give off vibrations at high speeds.

If tyre is really worn, change the tyres and get a free wheel balancing. Problem solved.

I send a mail to Mr Hanip and see what he say,I highly suspect must do wheel balancing and alignment - also tyres the main culprit

Drive shaft gone case - dun think so,can't even move steering liao...............

But at the end of the day, thanks to all who responded

Help me keep this thread going,,,,,,,,,,,,,till the verdict is out............... [thumbsup]

I send a mail to Mr Hanip and see what he say,I highly suspect must do wheel balancing and alignment - also tyres the main culprit

Drive shaft gone case - dun think so,can't even move steering liao...............

Help me keep this thread going,,,,,,,,,,,,,till the verdict is out............... [thumbsup]

==============

Yup I think best to check alignment & wheel balancing 1st. A good tire shop can tell u if your alignment out due to chassis bent & cannot b adjusted by him.

Also ask the tire shop to check if your tires or rims were damaged during the accident.

But if the tyres are like... 75 to 80% worn already, might as well just change to a new set. No point gg for alignment, only to realise that you still have to change tyres a few months later.

Recently kanna accident, front portion of car undergo repair, not bad though cause my car can still drive to workshop.

After take back car, at high speed like 100 - 120, can feel car vibrate. Never feel this before.

So talk to the workshop towkay, he said only got 2 reasons. Either engine mounting or check the tires

But how to see engine mounting got problem,cause the bump never even reach engine, still far, mine only barely 2 years car.

Tires I admit Indonesian tires almost 2 years liao

So - shall I check the tires or the engine mounting first??????????

if u kenna an accidently b4 and u feel after that your ride feel funny, i suggest u go to do a high tech alignment check up , not the normal 1 where u just drive up and down a metal plate .

something like 'laser imaging alignment system' , they can scan not only your alignment , ie : TOES, but also can check your camber , and caster , normally after accident camber and caster will be off, , that will cause alot of side effect , 1 of them is higher fuel useage , etc etc , wearing of tyres in 1 side etc etc.

if u kenna an accidently b4 and u feel after that your ride feel funny, i suggest u go to do a high tech alignment check up , not the normal 1 where u just drive up and down a metal plate .

something like 'laser imaging alignment system' , they can scan not only your alignment , ie : TOES, but also can check your camber , and caster , normally after accident camber and caster will be off, , that will cause alot of side effect , 1 of them is higher fuel useage , etc etc , wearing of tyres in 1 side etc etc.

==============

U refering to a Computerised 4 wheel alignment. This is much better than the plate type where u only check the toe-in/out of the front wheels.

But the person doing the alignment is also very important & must know what he is doing. Otherwise no use & dont waste your money.

But if the tyres are like... 75 to 80% worn already, might as well just change to a new set. No point gg for alignment, only to realise that you still have to change tyres a few months later.

=============

Its OK cos the alignment checks & adjusts the wheels. Changing tires sud not affect the alignment.

If u notice, the thing to check alignment is bolted on to each RIM & not tire.

Tire balancing wil b affected when u change tires.

Ok, verdict out.

Was in JB shopping, then went to a workshop to do alignment

I was shocked out of my life - when the mechanic dismount my tyres, my god - 3 of them really bloated at the side - behind - you can't see........

My god [shocked] [shocked] [crazy] [crazy]

I faster ask him to mount back, came back s'pore chge tyres - Federal ss595

The shop was shocked when he saw my Indonesian tyres, I was driving like max 70km/h back to s'pore.............

Problems solved imm and boy i love my federal ss 595. Actually intend to chge the 595RS-R, but then mine only toyota sienta

Now happily cruising, ss 595 damn shiok to corner

Thanks all for keeping the thread alive

But when coming out of a tight lot just now bruched the new rubber against a small kerb, kanna some light brown colour on the tyre - cause the place

kanna rain and washing away the mud. Urgghh. Nevermind - - be more careful next time with my new rubber

Edited by Kungfu