Beware of cars that were drowned last week put on sale

Help1

as the title mentioned, i think the victims will probably sell the cars off asap after it has been repaired if possible...so keep a lookout of the low price and telltale sign when inspecting such potential cars

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

as the title mentioned, i think the victims will probably sell the cars off asap after it has been repaired if possible...so keep a lookout of the low price and telltale sign when inspecting such potential cars

thakns for the warning

• Praise 1

May I know why a drown car is no longer good even after repair?

May I know why a drown car is no longer good even after repair?

Other parts will experience premature failure as they are over exposed to liquid. For the short term, it should hav no problem.

• Praise 1

So what exactly are those telltale signs?

So what exactly are those telltale signs?

i think many bah...such as musty damp smell, parts that are not replaced but being cleaned and therefore soiled particles are still there....i think best to get a mechanic to check thoroughly if really interested to buy the "suspected" car.....

How to so self inspect on such potential cars being sold?

Can the workshop clean it up so well?

Or will the Viacom/STA evaluation able to reval/spot such cars?

• Praise 1

I think they will be tough to spot - smell maybe.

Best is very thorough inspection and friendly questioning of owner as part of discussion.

As a side note - could the owner be required to sign a "confirmation" that the car was not drowned?

hahaha who knows... maybe owner was there for a meeting or food or visiting a friend... and got caught in the floods... hahaha. .wah tat ferrari in the papers if 100k i will buy immediately siah.. i think rebate is more than that.. haha..