XYZ BBK and Coilover

Taichizi

Lotsa fake APs. Saw them at my friend's garage in Taipei. We were laughing cause there were many car crashed attributed to the pariah APs. So beware when u see cheap AP. They might not be the real McCoy.

yes i have to agree there are lotsa fake counter parts around.

anyway this is the actual brake kit installed .comes with box , instructions , bleeding kit , steel braided hose and decals.

sorry for poor quality pic.

APRacing-2.jpg

↡ Advertisement

when i first saw this brand in a magazine,i was very surprised.

i was thinking XYZ is the last alphabets means their products is the last people will choose? :D

maybe ABC sounds better.

the name "XYZ" just doesn't inspire confidence or awe... their marketing dept seriously needs to work harder

IMHO, besides the brand name, one has to look at the product build & quality, plus the history of the company, plus getting reference from people who have used the products.

I am known to some TW companies as I have visited some of them in the past. Maybe names get passed around.

Bro, juz curious... how come XYZ sent u so many email? R u in the auto industry?

Reading from their website, it seems the XYZ was more focusing on its marketing campaign on rally in europe cars but they do manufacturer lots of coilover/BBK for many models of conti/jap cars. I guess VTTR marketing is more focusing on jap cars and asian market. That's why for a novice like me, I have heard of VTTR more often than XYZ...

Has anyone tried XYZ coilover?

There's no such thing as fake ap.... AP Racing are no longer made in japan like the old days... right now is made in taiwan.... same goes for tein....

Neutral Newbie

There's no such thing as fake ap.... AP Racing are no longer made in japan like the old days... right now is made in taiwan.... same goes for tein....

tein and AP racing made in taiwan is a myth circulated by some industry players....

tein is nvr made in taiwan... including the super street model..... some said lower end model made in ROC, higher end in jap.... this is unfounded claim... and it is not true at all.... And i dun represent ST Powered....

AP racing made in taiwan is another joke... also spread by industry players..... the real mccoy is also nvr made in taiwan....

tein and AP racing made in taiwan is a myth circulated by some industry players....

tein is nvr made in taiwan... including the super street model..... some said lower end model made in ROC, higher end in jap.... this is unfounded claim... and it is not true at all.... And i dun represent ST Powered....

AP racing made in taiwan is another joke... also spread by industry players..... the real mccoy is also nvr made in taiwan....

ok ok chill dude :)

I am known to some TW companies as I have visited some of them in the past. Maybe names get passed around.

Bro, r u still working in the auto industry? Hope to learn from you leh...

ok ok chill dude :)

hahaha... NOT FROM ST POWERED... heehee... [laugh]

actually i think VTTRs are really good quality for the price... (i am not from RTES new fong kim) ^_^

k-sport got really good quality calipers... wider marketed in the UK / US / even got agent in Japan... (i am not from Exotic tuners) ^_^

[laugh]

anyways i just want to add... if you look at the calipers carefully... e-spec, brembo, endless, k-sport, Nishin, spoon, MUI, ava...etc watever brands you have out there... you can find some calipers look almost if not exactly the same with another totally different brand... product made where by who? only when the real mcCoy comes out to speak will we know... like OWS and voltronic issue...

look at the 3-drive hoo ha... violence, D-spec, NTD, CNC, shadow (pivot now got flat somemore) all same bloody thing....

by the way Sung Beng now if you buy the XYZ BBK, you get FREE 3-drive and VSD IV or smthing... you can check out their website... www.sungbeng.com (and oh yah... i dont work for Sung Beng) [laugh]

Edited by Ken4555

Interesting observation....

I tend to agree that some of the aftermarket brands... majority looks the same... some might be even manufactured in the same factory with different brand name moulded onto the finished product....

It makes biz sense as contract manufacturing is the in-thing many years back... esp. in Taiwan...

... i think when i was a kid, when i got a toy or smthing... and it said below... Made in Taiwan.... either it will break very soon, or we will be very sure its lousy quality...

but in recent years, Made in Taiwan is actually pretty good... they even have an MPV made in taiwan i heard... the made in taiwan gals also power... yao yao... [nosebleed] wahhhhh...

... i think when i was a kid, when i got a toy or smthing... and it said below... Made in Taiwan.... either it will break very soon, or we will be very sure its lousy quality...

but in recent years, Made in Taiwan is actually pretty good... they even have an MPV made in taiwan i heard... the made in taiwan gals also power... yao yao... [nosebleed] wahhhhh...

MIT products are reliable and of good quality these days.... In those days when MIT was still viewed as sub-standard.... tatz beri long time ago... Hmmm.... 4555 u reminded me of someone I met before....

oh no.... who you who you???

AND YOU TRYING TO SAY I VERY OLD IS IT??? [furious]

Heee.... heee.... heee..... In those days when MIT was considered sub-standard.... which were many many moons ago.... So, I didn't say it hor.... [:p]

&@%$#*@%#$@%@**#*#@*@... :angry:

[bigcry]

...errmmm... old is gold... [laugh]

anyways wondering if anyone has really fixed the XYZ BBK or Coilover... cause the coilover also look like ..... and ..... maybe all same just the brand different... and i wonder who in the world will choose such a name??? i think he would have been better off naming the caliper ELVIS... or MJ.... better still customize drivers name... imagine... KEN Racing... wahahaha.... ah seng racing technolgy...

also another thing to add... when silent came to SG some time back... i was very turned off at almost all their products (which u can tell is just the silent sticker over it) and claims its silent tis silent that... fuel magnet, VSD, air filter charger blah blah blah... even up till today you can still find so many in hot stuff... what i'm trying to say is then if silent can do this, then i'm very sure many other 'brands' are also doing it...

so maybe should start a thread on IMATATION PRODUCT SPOTTED IN SG.... lately i saw many momo fakes... [nod]

I have seen a few postings in other forums on XYZ BBK but not coilover. Some of the feedbacks on the BBK are quite positive and very "bity". But, I have yet to see feedback on coilover.

Edited by Taichizi
↡ Advertisement