BMW 335i convert or Audi S5 cabio?

Eddy82

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Which one would you guys consider ?? Its a very tough choice for me. Just can't get over the looks of the S5, its so damn nice and sexy and command much more presence...but i suspect i will get tired of it's looks in future.especially the front grille when my friend comments it look like a big hamburger the other day and the kidneys from BMW are timeless.. (okay, he's a beemer's fan all the way) But for now, i can't stop looking at one, esp one coming up in my rear view mirror with those georgeous running lights.

335i lose out slightly in 0-100km/h but doesnt matter to me, jujst much prefer the way the power is deliver frm the twin turbo engine. and it handles better, ( If S5 cab comes with V8 s-tronics, then its gonna be a very tough call ) 3 series convert looks seem quite dated now and i am sure it doesn't really turn much heads anymore..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Alternative is to save money and just get the A5 2.0t quattro s-tronics, with a respectable 211hp with mod potentials to prob below 7 secs

Neutral Newbie

You should'nt buy S model... If you buy from PI there's a S-line model which price is even lower than the A5 Cabrio model from Premium Automobiles!

Link from SgCarMart:http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=10745

Edited by Zac

Audi S5 ! Go read Torque Magazine December Issue .. They did a review on the S5 Cabrio ..

IMHO , if you wanna get BMW 335i , get the cabrio version but if you wanna get the S5 , get the coupe version .

Hi all,

Which one would you guys consider ?? Its a very tough choice for me. Just can't get over the looks of the S5, its so damn nice and sexy and command much more presence...but i suspect i will get tired of it's looks in future.especially the front grille when my friend comments it look like a big hamburger the other day and the kidneys from BMW are timeless.. (okay, he's a beemer's fan all the way) But for now, i can't stop looking at one, esp one coming up in my rear view mirror with those georgeous running lights.

335i lose out slightly in 0-100km/h but doesnt matter to me, jujst much prefer the way the power is deliver frm the twin turbo engine. and it handles better, ( If S5 cab comes with V8 s-tronics, then its gonna be a very tough call ) 3 series convert looks seem quite dated now and i am sure it doesn't really turn much heads anymore..

both very different cars.

i wouldnt consider them together.

if i enjoy tight driving, go 335i

if you like cruising easy and big car feel , go S5

it is hardly about 0-100 on paper.

Cars are like girlfriends or party babes for me, when unsure i go for the one i find best looking.

Neutral Newbie

If you are talking about the Coupe, you are right and the S5 has more presence.

I think its quite a different case when you talk about the cabrio (S5 cab is not too different from A4 Cab from far)

Plus the bimmer metal roof is a plus unless you wanna be special. It used to be special when you have a metal folding top.......lol.....it is now the opposite.

Performance wise, 335 has more potential....so each have its pro and cons but I lean towards the bimmer.....

End of the day, follow your heart bro, the first decision is usually the purest

Edited by Zoomx

Neutral Newbie

Thanks guys for the comments.. i think the S5's supercharge V6 mod potential is probably as good as the 335. Pls correct me if i am wong.

Guess i am leaning towards the S5, the quad exhaust, running lights...can't get over those...haha

Btw, i m considering a 335 with M sports kits, still doesn;t turn me on as much.

if me i'll get the S5 :D

as much as i love convertibles, i'd rather get the S5 coupe.

it's so damn nice.

white color one damn nice!!

always felt that it's a damn farking chio car.

bmw also nice~

but the S5 so niceeee!

Neutral Newbie

335 is like a staple diet for cool cabrio all these years and I thought the S5 offers a refreshing choice in this category. For me, if you put them side by side, the S5 looks much better. BTW, do you really need or want all the power in a S5??? Maybe a cheaper A5 better idea if just like the shape.

Neutral Newbie

Hmm...i do thought of the A5 but i will add on a number of options like navigation, b&0 sound, sline kit...so i thought S5 more worth it. Its really a fully loaded car with almost all the options u can think of.

Neutral Newbie

If compare 325 cab and 335 cab, then no problem , 335 straight....325 is NA, once u feel power no enough, that's it, have to go through the painful route of changing car. A5 at least still can chip up to stage 1 and 2...its quattro, dual clutch too. When u compare A5 to 325, 325 is way too inferior, cost more too

Audi for me anytime.....

Been driving one in Malaysia for holidays, this is really one head turner.....

Guess they have seen too many Mercs and Beemers liao...

Hey Eddy82, if u r 27 yrs old this year, dun get the S5/335 lah... personally i feel its a tad uncle leh.. unless u need the 2 extra seats lah of cos..

i am 28yrs old and though i think the S5 / 335 is nice, i am looking at the Z4 / TT(S) range cos its cooler and younger looking...

btw know anyone wanna sell a (white colour preferred) mk2 Audi TTC/R with nappa/milano leather seats? pm me with specs / price. Cash transaction for suitable car..

↡ Advertisement