VW polo or Mz 2

HOUSENUMBER

well the price are quite similar for both of these model so wonder u guys would chose jap car or conti car

and yea which is easier to maintain

Edited by HOUSENUMBER
↡ Advertisement

I will go for VW polo if you are referring to the 1.2TSi and not the 1.4 one.

Tested 1.4 and know the underpower feel.~ You should try too..~

Even so, I will not choose Mz 2........ just my opinion..~

i test drove both cars , i will go for M2, if you are referring to the 1.4 polo.

What actually you are looking out for? go for a spin and you will know what you want, asking for opinion might be subjective.

You should consider Daihatsu Sirion 1.5 option also. It has

> 4 airbags

> 4 star Euro NCAP crash rating

> front passenger airbag can be self-disabled (DIY)

> 3 rear headrests fitted with 3-point seat belts

> costs only abt 50K+

> very spacious inside and can transport 40" LCD easily (with room to spare). Even large bulky CRT TV can be easily loaded in too. [thumbsup]

Rear doors sound hollow, but can be solved. Sheet metal used is actually quite solid, does not collect dings and dents easily (though not as solid as conti, is better than most other Jap).

Downside is, softly sprung average suspension and lousy stock tyres that does not inspire confidence round corners. Change these to better ones and it will be a ride that will bring smiles on your face for many years to come.

Edited by Kangadrool

well the price are quite similar for both of these model so wonder u guys would chose jap car or conti car

and yea which is easier to maintain

I will choose VW as well. its conti and furthermore, i have heard of lousy FCs for mazda cars from friends though i never see it myself b4.

Does Mazda 2 have ESP?

I know polo have tonnes of safety feature, some I don't even know what they do?

I think build quailty, & feature/equipement list, & handling, the polo are better. Exterior is subjective. Not sure about power. Polo also come with 7-speed DSG option which I believe the Mazda is standard 4 speed auto, but I could be wrong.

polosafety.jpg

Also if you are considering Mazda 2, why not check out the Fiesta, which is build on the same plaform but with improved handling.

Just don't chose a car base on popularity on SG road. Our citizens have a habit of following the trend & being conservative like choosing familair brands. SO more not nesserity = better.

In the end, its your call.

Edited by Kiadaw

I will choose VW as well. its conti and furthermore, i have heard of lousy FCs for mazda cars from friends though i never see it myself b4.

My mz 2 (1.5 Auto) is giving me an FC of abt 13+km/L. 60% highway.

Seriously.. i don't know whats up with buying the Polo juz becos its a conti brand (its not as if we are talking about a premium conti here).

Wait till your warranty expire and you will know how much the spares gonna cost u.

Edited by Rickster

Go for mazda if you want more oopmh. The manual version gives u 0-100 in 9+ sec.

Get the polo if comfort is what you are looking for.

Both the cars are Euroncap 5 stars. Mazda 2R variant and above have 6 airbags. Not sure about the Polo.

you wont regret choosing a mazda. in fact, i have yet to come across one who does !

Yeah... if they can overcome all the Neg point about choosing Mazda, they got nothing to regret. [:p]

Same with those who choose proton... :D

Frankly speaking, now VW price is good.

You should go ahead if you are not power hungry person.

At least, it's a VW leh.. =p

Worth it especially with the current price tag..~

A: "What car you drive?"

B: "A Volksawgen! ^_^ " (beaming with pride)

↡ Advertisement