VW polo or Mz 2

HOUSENUMBER

Yeah... if they can overcome all the Neg point about choosing Mazda, they got nothing to regret. [:p]

Same with those who choose proton... :D

Which model you are talking about? The mazda 2? I'm quite curious as to why you said that.

↡ Advertisement

you wont regret choosing a mazda. in fact, i have yet to come across one who does !

I think my view will be biased too but have yet to have any probs with both my mazdas. Have been serving me well these 4 years.... For VW, I suggest you go to the vags forum to get a better feel. Yes, no doubt the VW is a conti, but look at the OVERALL Package.

best of luck in your decision [wave]

Which model you are talking about? The mazda 2? I'm quite curious as to why you said that.

What i mean is, which ever car ppl choose and buy by themselves they won't regret. cause they must have test drive it and think about it for a long time.

Even if the Car is a proton, they will still like their drive. Cause they already overcome a lot of hurdler to decide on the car.

Like those QQ driver, when i see them wash their car at the Washing bay, their pride is like those who drove a BMW.

Go for mazda if you want more oopmh. The manual version gives u 0-100 in 9+ sec.

Get the polo if comfort is what you are looking for.

Both the cars are Euroncap 5 stars. Mazda 2R variant and above have 6 airbags. Not sure about the Polo.

Just a question. Is the Singapore version (sometimes water down) are 5 stars as well?

If so, then I think the Mazda 2 is comparable in safety. Polo is 5 star too.

I am skeptical as I was checking the spec & it mention (U.K site) the stability control is an option, & without ESP or some form of saftey features, it automatic 1 star down. Not anything against Mazda, but we need to be careful when we compare oversea & local versions.

I am pretty sure some obvious optional features are taken out of polo, like heated seats, but I think the general the car is intact. Or at least I think.

Just a question. Is the Singapore version (sometimes water down) are 5 stars as well?

I am skeptical as I was checking the spec & it mention (U.K site) the stability control is an option, & without ESP or some form of saftey features, it automatic 1 star down. Not anything against Mazda, but we need to be careful when we compare oversea & local versions.

I am pretty sure some obvious optional features are taken out of polo, like heated seats, but I think the general the car is intact. Or at least I think.

Polo's Singapore Version is also water down.. only 2 air bag compare to its 4 air bag they send for testing... but i know that for the rest of VW car are all the standard 5 star version.

Singapore's Mz 2 R and R+ variant are the full spec version they sent for EuroNcap testing - with 6 airbags.

The V grade (cheapest option) is the one with only 2 airbags.

should test drive before committing. i drove the polo b4 (one version before the current one) & i didn't like it at all. i will still give this new edition a shot but not b4 getting a test drive.

imagine spending so much $$ & not enjoying the drive, day in day out.

Neutral Newbie

no point toking abt e 1.2Tsi now cos when e price comes out...i'm sure half those rooting for it will sianz 1/2..

I tested e polo 1.4. power is not its forte...

its e 7DSG tts :wub:

the stability @ high speed

& e "THUD" when u slammed e door..

for certain the overall upkeeping costs of polo will b higher than Mz2.

but it wont be drastic...

But if u r passengers friendly driver, den polo is not ur car... cos e rear is [knife]

I abt 1.75, tried to lift my leg over the rear centre spine... its no joke.. more like 4 than 5 seaters.

no point toking abt e 1.2Tsi now cos when e price comes out...i'm sure half those rooting for it will sianz 1/2..

I tested e polo 1.4. power is not its forte...

its e 7DSG tts :wub:

the stability @ high speed

& e "THUD" when u slammed e door..

for certain the overall upkeeping costs of polo will b higher than Mz2.

but it wont be drastic...

But if u r passengers friendly driver, den polo is not ur car... cos e rear is [knife]

I abt 1.75, tried to lift my leg over the rear centre spine... its no joke.. more like 4 than 5 seaters.

For the Upkeeping cost, i think we need to know the FC of MZ2, the servicing cost of it. and also the final FC of Polo before we can know how much is the upkeepign cost. for now... Ziiippp....

polo has higher resale value due to higher OMV bah. but if you wish to zhng the car, then mazda 2 will be a better choice due to lower premium for aftermarket products

polo for better build quality...

mz 2 for easier maintanence...

if got deeper pockets

of cos will take polo.....

I agree. Lower maintenance goes to Mz 2 cuz ordinary gearbox. Somemore more power. Can also do remap. Polo still not tested in market. Have to wait n see bro... Dun rush into bandwagon just because everyones buying a Vdub.

↡ Advertisement