VW polo or Mz 2

HOUSENUMBER

you wont regret choosing a mazda. in fact, i have yet to come across one who does !

the lack of power is obvious. those who tested it and still bought it obviously can live with it. i can't.

but the FC.. for the kind of drive mazda offers, i could live with trade off in FC.

↡ Advertisement

I agree. Lower maintenance goes to Mz 2 cuz ordinary gearbox. Somemore more power. Can also do remap. Polo still not tested in market. Have to wait n see bro... Dun rush into bandwagon just because everyones buying a Vdub.

i did a quick google on this. comparing VW TO VW, dsg costs less to MAINTAIN than conventional. of course, REPAIR is another issue. that one i wun know. also comparing DSG maintenance to mazda auto trans maintenance, i wun know how to compare cost either.

seems like the dsg is a wet clutch system. so the clutch oil needs to be changed. unlike motor bike which shares the clutch oil with engine oil and both are changed during regular engine oil change.

best is still manual lah. i can't stand anything without a clutch pedal [drivingcar]. but if u put a gun to my head and make me choose, i'll take the DSG because there's no torque convertor sucking away my petrol and my power

Edited by Boyboy

i did a quick google on this. comparing VW TO VW, dsg costs less to MAINTAIN than conventional. of course, REPAIR is another issue. that one i wun know. also comparing DSG maintenance to mazda auto trans maintenance, i wun know how to compare cost either.

seems like the dsg is a wet clutch system. so the clutch oil needs to be changed. unlike motor bike which shares the clutch oil with engine oil and both are changed during regular engine oil change.

best is still manual lah. i can't stand anything without a clutch pedal [drivingcar]. but if u put a gun to my head and make me choose, i'll take the DSG because there's no torque convertor sucking away my petrol and my power

u can trust every info on google

you wont regret choosing a mazda. in fact, i have yet to come across one who does !

I do. In fact, almost all those pple that I know who bought Mz3 or 6 condemn their rides. Under power and thirsty. Not sure about Mz2 though.

well the price are quite similar for both of these model so wonder u guys would chose jap car or conti car

and yea which is easier to maintain

VW is good. Go for it. My wallet not deep enough for that though.

polo for me. but with that bugdet why not koup. looks agressive and fierce.

end of the day, be true to urself buy what u like most. very important

Koup looks agressive but lack of power I heard. Yet to test drive.

I do. In fact, almost all those pple that I know who bought Mz3 or 6 condemn their rides. Under power and thirsty. Not sure about Mz2 though.

It's more of a problem of people choosing the smallest available engine size for the largest vehicle they can afford. Physical exterior size seems more important to Singaporeans.

I think the 7 sp dsg is a dry clutch one, unlike the 6 sp dsg. Nevertheless, i too still prefer manual. I believe if they bring in both manual and dsg, the manual will be abt 7 to 8k cheaper for a car similarly specced. To me, that would be the best deal. But....I knw they will nv bring in manual, thus have to depend on PI. In which case the diff wont be so great le cos of other costs and expenses incurred by e smaller PI.

Neutral Newbie

mazda owner never regret? . If i bought a mazda i know im trading cost effectiveness for style. For its class its definately not the cheapest, FC is pathetically weak, the m3 with a 1.6L engine has the same FC as my 2 litre K20. But the style of the mazda furai inspired designs are awesome. There are loads of ppl who didnt know tt and complain about their drinkers, power wise, its not even as fast as my 660cc TC copen.. I totally hate cars with bad FC and no power.. wonder where all the petrol goes to?

7speed DSG is dry clutch. Cannot do any fierce mods to it. My correction, it is probably cheaper to maintain but definitely not cheaper to repair.

Used to own a selespeed, to repair the gearbox can kill. To replace it, might as well change the car.

I would still go for conventional manual stick / auto.

You should consider Daihatsu Sirion 1.5 option also. It has

> very spacious inside and can transport 40" LCD easily (with room to spare). Even large bulky CRT TV can be easily loaded in too. [thumbsup]

i can attest to this..my fren's sirion can even load in a mahjong table and bring to chalet..

choice of car is really very subjective.

Honestly, I am driving mazda & feel that it offers satisfying drive which is different from other japanese brands. Not sure if it's handling, road feel, steering feedback or others, it's something which cannot be put in words.

Though mazda's FC is not class-leading, I feel it's acceptable.

My mz3 FC can range from 11 up to 14 km/l which is not as bad as perceived.

Power-wise, mazzie may lose out abit but it's tradeoff for stability at higher speeds.

Try comparing stability with other similar cc cars with more power.

In short, mazzie is for those who appreciate conti-like driving with jap reliability.

And mz2 was once world car of year. How about honda jazz?

Edited by Redboy

the lack of power is obvious. those who tested it and still bought it obviously can live with it. i can't.

but the FC.. for the kind of drive mazda offers, i could live with trade off in FC.

Its actually very hard to compare power between MZ2 and Polo cause their body build is different. I am not very sure about Polo.

but when i test drive the Jeta 1.4 Twin charge, i don't feel that the car is faster or more powerful than mine Lancer 1.6. But in true, it is ready accelerating very fast by looking out the size window and speedo meter.

Its like when i was test driving the Suzuki Swift 1.3, i felt that it is moving very fast even though its speed is only 70km/hr as compare to my lancer traveling at 100km/hr.

We have to remeber that Conti car tend to be more sturdier than Jap car. This will in term give us a perception that the car is not accelerating fast enough.

So Polo Lack of power, could just be a perception but in practical it could be different.