VW polo or Mz 2

HOUSENUMBER

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10485

top range is $70k

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10782

polo is $68k

do ur research before making a statement, dont bcuz wanna clock post make untruthful statements

Slyphy is 63888, Forte is 50+, and Altis is 65k.

Wonder if this 2 options are any value for money in the 1st place.

Therefore perceived image bcomes v impt. VW has to be better than Mz in this aspect.

what's there to compare?

a jap car will forever be a jap car, talk simi conti feel???

just like some jokers review that i30 and forte got conti feel.

want conti feel go get a true conti car. that is, if you got the moola to maintain it.

pls dont be a cockster and get a jap/kor and have that presumptuous feeling that you are driving a conti.

fyi, conti parts will never be cheaper than jap/kor.

just as someone above mentioned you maybe surprised to find conti parts cheaper than jap?

this type of comment got to beware as those parts might just be from some funny 'pirated' place or he's comparing the parts price between a polo and a skyline?

Got ppl in this thread want to get a jap for conti feel meh?

But true Forte's ext and int design may be European 'conti feel' but the ride, drive and comfort is nothing close to 'conti feel'.

must spend how much more to zhng until like dat? the stock shape of the car is obviously targeted at females

i'll go for polo too if die die only these 2 choices. but polo has a super boring design. the only nice looking VW is scirocco.. the polo, passet, jetta all looks very normal. Golf maybe next after scirocco

The old Polo sucks!!

I haven't drive the new polo though, but I digged the looks.

As for Mazda, I almost bought a older M2 last time when I shopped for a car, in the end chose Swift due to better package that time.

Mazda I feel their quality is top notch and the decent power of the car attracted me. But I heard FC is a killer.

Haven't tried the new M2, but I heard it's cornering is a blast! :)

juz test drive Polo on tue. Polo price is veri close to Madza. Polo is a veri good car - Engine veri quiet and resposive as well. BUT in term of servicing, Polo might be abit ex. Did check with SE that IF the DSG gearbox spoilt then it will "burn" a BIG hole in ur pocket (after warranty). [knife]

if you are talking of repairing stuff, of couse DSG will be more expensive.

But if you are talking about normal servicing. Polo at 15k km interval for Sgd200.00 (thats what SE told me) compare to Jap car of 10K interval of around the same region ( assuming you are doing servicing in AD workshop.) i dont see how much more expensive will conti car servicing be. of couse i am assuming that you did not get a lemon plus you did not abuse it often.

the old Mazda 2 is a pretty good car too...

tall boy looks, 1.5L 110bhp...

rear seats slide too...

so can have more rear legroom or more boot space...

it was rather popular at one time, but now it's a rarity to see one on our roads...

Neutral Newbie

In tis case, POLO will be a beta choice.......There are Jap cars that have comparable feel to conti cars. Duno abt the Koreans. Honda, Toyota, Nissan & Lexus all hav cars that has a luxurious feel to it. But driving experience is another thing. Personaly after driving a conti, i prefer a conti. But my previous Jap ride is definitely more luxurious thn my present Conti. And upkeeping of Contis are not dat scary as it is heard. Yes, some parts are cheaper thn sme Jap mades. Its more of the modds that are highly expensive compare to the Asian made. Like bodykits, rims, ECU remapping etc. Bt i heard price to modd Jap & is quite comparable to modd VW & Audi nowadays.

In tis case, POLO will be a beta choice.......There are Jap cars that have comparable feel to conti cars. Duno abt the Koreans. Honda, Toyota, Nissan & Lexus all hav cars that has a luxurious feel to it. But driving experience is another thing. Personaly after driving a conti, i prefer a conti. But my previous Jap ride is definitely more luxurious thn my present Conti. And upkeeping of Contis are not dat scary as it is heard. Yes, some parts are cheaper thn sme Jap mades. Its more of the modds that are highly expensive compare to the Asian made. Like bodykits, rims, ECU remapping etc. Bt i heard price to modd Jap & is quite comparable to modd VW & Audi nowadays.

yes I concurr with you totally. Some Jap is beginning to follow conti design. Jap interior used to be quite messy and incoherent, now they come with proper factory ICE and ergonomics. I've mentioned Mazda bcos it is basically a reskinned, restyled and slightly under-engineered Ford (2,3 & 6 series)

I why that guy is yaking like a mad dog abt conti feel and maintenace. he either bot a conti that is expensive to maintain or nvr bot one at all.

There r indeed genuine parts that r cheaper or comparable to jap. Of cos it depends on make and model and whether it is a mass market model. There r some not so popular jap or kr models that may cost more than parts for popular conti models. I had japs n conti. My current n last car is conti make so I know.

Conti aren't necc a premium car. They cost more in sg bcos of shipping & exchange rates plus some AD mark up high to position it above the market. In Europe, Fiat, Renault,Pug,Skoda and such r bread and butter cars. Now wif the rise of Yen, some conti models r cheaper than Jap counterparts.

In Europe many jap parts r as expensive as well for the same reasons the conti parts r generally more expensive here. Economy of scale.

in SG u can find the common wear n tear parts with stockist. Of cos they can provide u with non originals n genuine parts will cost more but not necc a lot higher.and some parts r indeed cheaper or compatible to than jap rides or similar class. Some wear n tear parts u dun nid originals eg brake pad and brake disc, spark plugs,air filter, aircon filter, shock absorbers etc.

On mods, ECU mods for turbo cars like VW, Skoda, Fiat r comparable to jap like what u said but hardware will be another story. Very hard to find cheap and variety of mod accessories and bodykits for conti cars.

I'm glad many here spoke up for Conti cars. Too many misconceptions about them already. And i still find the Japs still not very coherent in design. I saw an IS250C yesterday, and thought that must be the ugliest butt i've ever seen.

so far, only Mazda has the best designers...

they design really japanese style cars...

Toyota and Honda make mostly dull looking, but appeals to mass market cars lah...

[:p]

But their car have a close resemblem of Peugeot cars. I wonder if they put in any effort or not.

oh no...

Mazda and Peugeot totally different style of cars actually...

if you look closely, sure only the smiley grille resembles each other...

but the interior and rear design of the car is positively japanese for Mazda and French for peugeot...

[grin]

I'm glad many here spoke up for Conti cars. Too many misconceptions about them already. And i still find the Japs still not very coherent in design. I saw an IS250C yesterday, and thought that must be the ugliest butt i've ever seen.

i had the same feeling with you when i saw a couple of IS250C running around when it was just launched. then i saw one that removed the roof and it looked good. with the roof back on, i dont know why it looks so messed up again.

im no lexus fanboy. hehe

oh no...

Mazda and Peugeot totally different style of cars actually...

if you look closely, sure only the smiley grille resembles each other...

but the interior and rear design of the car is positively japanese for Mazda and French for peugeot...

[grin]

Frankly speaking, what sell a car to the masses is the exterior and font disign and not the interior.

Anyway when the Mazda 2 come out, the whole shape is that of Peugeot 206 and 207.

with the new face life (smily face grill) when they park beside eacher other in the Carpark, the similarity become even more.

↡ Advertisement