Wet Cell vs dry cell battery

Ithunk

Wet Cell vs dry cell battery  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Wet Cell vs dry cell battery

• Wet Cell Battery
    • Dry Cell Battery

my latio original stock batt is wet cell..used for about 2.5 yrs still working fine..but i scared it will die on me anytime as batt lifespan about 2 yrs only..so i change to dry cell from tan chong motors..less den 6 mths flat liao..change back to wet cells..mayb i am unlucky..i dunno about the others..

dry cells such as GEL or AGM do not last in our hot climate, service life worse than wet cell confirmed.

SMF wet cells unable to top up due to sealed nature and high sulfuric acid content. So its a hit or miss affair.

LMF wet cells could be similar but able to top up electrolyte, so may last longer.

Batteries have too many variables to determine which is better. Emphasis is based on application and climate.

My vote goes to LMF.

But of course the higher margins for SMF would be the choice of distributors/retailers here.

Edited by Smhomie
  • Praise 1

lol....yeah....i call every workshop....they say....oh we have stopped selling wet cell batteries.....they keep askin mi to buy SMF batteries....anyway its really up to the individual

Edited by Ithunk

had bad buying experience from kim hoe for my sister in law's car, quoted internet price then when you get there.... price miraculously went up higher. Says that internet posted price is old price. Cannot get at that sort of pricing [confused]

Don't want to pay higher price for jap batteries? then proceeded to recommend me SMF korean brand at $30 cheaper.

His warranty is only for 6 mths. If you need 1 year, pay more.

I walked away.

The main difference between wet cell and dry cell battery is that the wet cell battery uses a liquid electrolyte and a dry cell uses a paste electrolyte. Wet Cell batteries, also known as flooded battery predate dry cells. Wet Cell Battery Vs. Dry Cell Battery. Batteries are portable energy supplies, capable of producing electric current from a chemical substance called an electrolyte. While wet cell batteries get their power from a liquid electrolyte dry cell batteries generate power from a slightly moist paste.

↡ Advertisement