Bad experience with Ford, Regent Motors

Eugenetytan

I was at Ford Leng Kee on 5th of December for the Ford late night sale with a friend who was interested in the Ford Focus 1.6A 5Dr. When we were there, they asked if we needed this 5-point check, and since thinking that it was free. why not go for it? My air-con was in 100% working condition when I sent in the vehicle. When I took back my vehicle after we decided to leave, my air-con, which is the manual knob type, was switched all the way till '4'. I tried turning it back down, but my '1', '2' and '3' didn't work anymore.

I called the service side immediately, but they insisted no one from their dept touched my air-con at all. I kept telling them I just want the personnel who turned my air-con to '4' to own up, since it was pretty clear whosoever left it there was the culprit. They then said there was nothing they can do, and I could have sent in the car with my air-con spoilt and now in turn pushing the blame to them. I told them I did not need them to pay for the repairs, I just need the culprit to own up, but they said there was nothing they could do.

Angrily, I called up the sales personnel who was with us that night, and she said to call me back and hung up on me. She did not bother to call back, and so I called up the following day again, and all she could say was that she had informed her manager, and there was nothing she could do, and again, she said there was a possibility I sent in the car with the air-con faulty, again!! I repeated myself again I did not need them to pay for the repairs, I just need the culprit to own up, but she said there was nothing she could do either, and accused me of raising my voice at her!!!

I sent in my vehicle on the very following Monday on the 7th of Dec, and till now, no one from Ford bothered to call back. I am not against Regent Motors or anything, even though I used to own a Peugeot and had really bad servicing experiences from them. But since I had to go through bad services from them again, I just wish to share my experience and let someone do the judging for me. All I wish for is some justice, and if anyone out there were to be interested in any vehicles from Regent Motors, kindly read through my story and comment, thank you.

↡ Advertisement

I repeated myself again I did not need them to pay for the repairs, I just need the culprit to own up,

What's the point then? Own up for what?

I was at Ford Leng Kee on 5th of December for the Ford late night sale with a friend who was interested in the Ford Focus 1.6A 5Dr. When we were there, they asked if we needed this 5-point check, and since thinking that it was free. why not go for it? My air-con was in 100% working condition when I sent in the vehicle. When I took back my vehicle after we decided to leave, my air-con, which is the manual knob type, was switched all the way till '4'. I tried turning it back down, but my '1', '2' and '3' didn't work anymore.

I called the service side immediately, but they insisted no one from their dept touched my air-con at all. I kept telling them I just want the personnel who turned my air-con to '4' to own up, since it was pretty clear whosoever left it there was the culprit. They then said there was nothing they can do, and I could have sent in the car with my air-con spoilt and now in turn pushing the blame to them. I told them I did not need them to pay for the repairs, I just need the culprit to own up, but they said there was nothing they could do.

Angrily, I called up the sales personnel who was with us that night, and she said to call me back and hung up on me. She did not bother to call back, and so I called up the following day again, and all she could say was that she had informed her manager, and there was nothing she could do, and again, she said there was a possibility I sent in the car with the air-con faulty, again!! I repeated myself again I did not need them to pay for the repairs, I just need the culprit to own up, but she said there was nothing she could do either, and accused me of raising my voice at her!!!

I sent in my vehicle on the very following Monday on the 7th of Dec, and till now, no one from Ford bothered to call back. I am not against Regent Motors or anything, even though I used to own a Peugeot and had really bad servicing experiences from them. But since I had to go through bad services from them again, I just wish to share my experience and let someone do the judging for me. All I wish for is some justice, and if anyone out there were to be interested in any vehicles from Regent Motors, kindly read through my story and comment, thank you.

eh, since you don't need them to pay, then why bother asking for someone to own up? anyway, such things happen, doesn't have to be at regent.. at times, it's luck, at times, it's bad luck + bad services.. end of the day, money talk..

I don't see how turning the switch to 4 can cause the other 3 positions to stop working.

I had this same prob with my old car...something to do with the air-con fan circuitry...only highest number will work, the others won't....and it will happen suddenly out of the blue.

What's the point then? Own up for what?

If i were the TS, i would also want the person who turned the air-con switch to own up, because i would want to know exactly what happened....any particular sound or smell coming out of the air-con or something, so i can tell the repair mechanic.

Every car owner deserves the right to ask what happened to their vehicle, by mere virtue of ownership, don't need any particular reason.

i think ur aircon already got problem before someone turned to 4.

yes...u said u dont want them to pay for repair, just someone to own up. but if someone owns up in the first place, i think you may insist on them repairing for you coz they caused the problem first!!! haha

anyway an aircon wont dmg simply by turning to 4, obviously ur aircon is already faulty. why keep bugging Regent for explanation! u are simply bitter!

i think ur aircon already got problem before someone turned to 4.

yes...u said u dont want them to pay for repair, just someone to own up. but if someone owns up in the first place, i think you may insist on them repairing for you coz they caused the problem first!!! haha

anyway an aircon wont dmg simply by turning to 4, obviously ur aircon is already faulty. why keep bugging Regent for explanation! u are simply bitter!

agree...... juz get it repaired, no point complaining as it might not be their fault in the first place. your action is clearly insisting they are wrong when i feel its not.

agree...... juz get it repaired, no point complaining as it might not be their fault in the first place. your action is clearly insisting they are wrong when i feel its not.

Cannot blame TS for feeling like this. 1st the car's aircon was ok before they did the check but is faulty after it was returned to him. 2nd, TS has past dealings with them and didn't have good experiences.

I feel, for a good AD, they should foot the bill (or 1/2 of it) for the aircon repair. Cos it is also they duty to tell TS what's wrong with the car before they take over. Once they have taken over, if they find anything wrong with it, shouldn't they tell TS about it instead of trying to 'hide' the problem? Guilty conscious at work?

TS should pursue the matter, but also be prepared to foot the entire bill and take it as a lesson learned.

Edited by Silver_blade

If i were the TS, i would also want the person who turned the air-con switch to own up, because i would want to know exactly what happened....any particular sound or smell coming out of the air-con or something, so i can tell the repair mechanic.

Every car owner deserves the right to ask what happened to their vehicle, by mere virtue of ownership, don't need any particular reason.

I don't dispute that that Ford should be responsible if they had indeed damaged the air-con. What I find laughable is his assertion that he just wants the person responsible to "own up" with the promise of there being no repercussions. So what if he knows the person's name? How different is it from just calling the person who adjusted his aircon Mechanic A? After all, he's not looking for compensation.

Also, using words like "culprit" clearly shows his intent is to allocate blame. I think most people here would agree that the mechanic involved has done nothing to damage the aircon - I mean, what could he have possibly done? The TS says his aircon was in 100% working condition but it seems unlikely to be the case here. Adjusting the setting of the aircon should not damage it unless the aircon was already on the verge of breaking down. How many times have you had electronical components break down suddenly without abusing them? Why call someone a culprit for merely changing the settings on the aircon?

if my house guest happens to flush the toilet and the flush happens to spolit....do i hold the last user, my guest, for responsible?

judging that it was just a 'press down' action to flush the toilet, i dont see why my guest needs to be held responsible for the dmg unless my guest did something drastic to my flush like opening the flush and playing with the mechanism.

same applies to ur case. it was just a simply turn of knob. dont get over bitter about it if no one owns up.

Edited by Babyt

What is the age of your car? COE car?

Supercharged

Mine is a 2 yr old car, nov '07 reg

2yr old should still be under warranty?

if so, then go claim warranty.

as others have noted, the "4" position is not for "self-destruct",

when they do air-con check sure turn to max and test one mah.

don't waste your energy trying to find the "culprit" at Regent

when the fault lies with your own car's components.

It's a matter of bad service la... not a matter of whether TS can get his car repair FOC or not

A company that provide good service will always give the benefit of doubts to the customer, and not judge first. True there maybe some idiotic cheapskate trying to get a fast one, but I think what TS want is just an explanation and apology la.

If it happen to my car I also will be mad.

Actually, you shouldn't have asked for anyone to own up, cos it's pretty clear the person responsible is the mechanic who handled your car. You are asking for the obvious, owning up will be self pwned.

Now you know not everything free is good. For them, they will also learn from this bad experience. Giving out free service might get yourself into deep sh*t.

It might jolly well be coincidence, I experienced it before some years back at Toyota. After servicing and collected my car, the wipers were not working when raining that night(knn, it was damn dangerous to drive) but the day before they were working fine. I went back the next day to look for the same service advisor and ask him nicely to get it fixed. There were no charges for the replacement of the fuse.

For your case, cos all along you have been using fan speed 1 or at most speed 2. Maybe out of your normal usage they test it at the maximum fan speed, they blew the variable fan speed resistor w/o knowing. They might be just doing what they are suppose to do. There are a lot of such misunderstanding between customers and mechanics cos they are not familiar with their SOP. Maybe you would like to find out first instead of going straight to bang on their table.

↡ Advertisement