KIA SORENTO VS HYUNDAI TUSCON

cannot be lah, both are SUVs, maintenance should be the same

but other than preventive maintainance, cannot think of other things liao leh... PM cannot be Private message mah.. [laugh][laugh]

well, maintainance cost should be around the same... but diff AD charge diff price for servicing. 1 is C&C (Kia), another 1 is Komoco (Hyundai)... you may wanna compare the price yourself at their website

ps: other than the FOC servicing, i have nvr service my car at AD b4... so im not sure of their price as well [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

I went for test drive the sorento yesterday.

Car is heavy, when press hard on the accelerator, can hear the engine roar, still not that bad for an 1.7 ton.

official FC and OMV still not known yet, as car can be deliver earliest in Mar 09.

Think its still value for $$ base on the spec given, as the basic model also got cruise control.

Might consider it if the price drop further...new model price tend to be more ex..

the special 2k launch discounts still holds right??

the tucson just went up by 2k in price...making it just $500 cheaper than the Sorento...

the Tucson basic model, really basic...you don't get 2-zone air-cond...just normal dial type...you'll have to fork out $87,499 for the SP model, which gives you everything...

how's the performance of the Sorento? Wanted to go down to see it...but read from some Australian 4X4 mag that the 2.4L 175bhp 6A/T 1615kg monster takes 11.6sec to get from 0-100kph...then didn't want to waste my time liao...

from the pics...could see that the Dash is almost like the Forte sedan...made of same quality too, which is too plastic for me...especially in a 2.4L SUV??

the Sorento in UK will come with optional 7-seats...that explains why the cramp 3rd row...it's essentially the same size as the Santa Fe, but having sat in the latter, was too cramp for me la...

anyone knows how much C&C bring in the 3.5V6 270bhp version??

reviewers here also mentioned the rather course Tucson 2.0L Theta II engine...but if Sorento is louder, isn't that biblical noise?? how's the ride too?

thanks.

Yes, PM I refer to the profit margin.

Sorento has lower PM as it has higher OMV while Tuson has higher PM as it has lower OMV and they're almost selling at the same range.

So no prize for guessing which is more value for $$$$.

But at the end of the day PM just one of the many factors to consider B4 buying a car....

Seriously at this price range I think I would go for Japanese SUVs though they may have less features than Sorento.

Edited by 7007

Yes, PM I refer to the profit margin.

Sorento has lower PM as it has higher OMV while Tuson has higher PM as it has lower OMV and they're almost selling at the same range.

So no prize for guessing which is more value for $$$$.

But at the end of the day PM just one of the many factors to consider B4 buying a car....

Seriously at this price range I think I would go for Japanese SUVs though they may have less features than Sorento.

I agreed with the PM issue. My Jap "SUV" omv is around 28k+ with 19k+ COE - bought the car at $89.5k (their PM is around 5k-7k depending

on the formula).

Hmm. If Tucson SP's dual zone climate control is still considered "manual" to uu, then I dunno what's auto liao.

I was told the Tucson SP that KM is bringing in doesn't have this & that. What they display & test drive models are going to be VERY different from the one coming in. I think there is a equipment list but I threw it away after knowing the price & OMV.... <_<

So potential buyer, please be mindful....what you see may not be what be you get hor!!!!

Edited by 7007

how's the performance of the Sorento? Wanted to go down to see it...but read from some Australian 4X4 mag that the 2.4L 175bhp 6A/T 1615kg monster takes 11.6sec to get from 0-100kph...then didn't want to waste my time liao...

from the pics...could see that the Dash is almost like the Forte sedan...made of same quality too, which is too plastic for me...especially in a 2.4L SUV??

the Sorento in UK will come with optional 7-seats...that explains why the cramp 3rd row...it's essentially the same size as the Santa Fe, but having sat in the latter, was too cramp for me la...

anyone knows how much C&C bring in the 3.5V6 270bhp version??

If 0-100 kph timings are important get a performance SUV instead. Boils down to affordability really. Then again if you are not a tarmac only hero, thrashing that >$200k machine offroad may not be that good an idea considering the inevitable scratches and dings. I think both the Sorento and SF are fully capable to handle the ocassional intermediate jaunts offroad and have pretty good on road manners too. It is just tot bad that the SF here has little of the goodies we see overseas.

3rd is an added convenience for noisy kids or compact sized adults. If you want spacious 3rd row then look at the Volvo XC90 or get an MPV.

Ideally the SF or Sorento should be powered by the 2.2L R variant turbo diesels. 200 bhp and more than 436NM of tree stump pulling torque - plenty good for getting out of sticky situations! Unfortunately we have to deal with the diesel special tax. 3.5 V6 petrol probably only available as special indent only and at the forseeable added costs, better to get a Pajero instead.......

You get what you pay for. Under 90K for a SF or Sorento is not much at all, what other new SUVs is that range can you get with the space and versatility?

Anyway for a budget go fast mid sized SUV, the CX-7 may still be your best best. It is relatively road tax friendly too.............

Neutral Newbie

Just to add some reviews by the customers who came to see over the weekend,

1) 3rd row too cramp

2) should have replace bluetooth with reverse camera

3) Basic model is a big gap to Premium model

4) Very close comparision to Santa Fe, in terms of engine specs, but more features pack.

5) Lastly, the most cruel remarks i have heard so far, he asked me "Do you know the last row is for who to sit?" Before i could answer him, he told me this "last row is for adults without legs." I couldn't believe my ears when he told me this. Cant he just keep this remarks to himself??? :angry:

And best of all, he was still smiling when he made this comment.

I was told the Tucson SP that KM is bringing in doesn't have this & that. What they display & test drive models are going to be VERY different from the one coming in. I think there is a equipment list but I threw it away after knowing the price & OMV.... <_<

So potential buyer, please be mindful....what you see may not be what be you get hor!!!!

wth. If I'm buying a car, I will want to see the Singaporean models myself b4 making a decision. Scarlee even blue lighting also gone - like the i30.

1) 3rd row too cramp only if u are taller than 1.75cm, i'm 1.73 and hav ard 5cm of clearance, problem might exist if traveling on bumpy road

2) should have replace bluetooth with reverse camera I second this man, each have their own preference, it would be a plus to open for customization

3) Basic model is a big gap to Premium model Premium wat, Premium price lol

4) Very close comparison to Santa Fe, in terms of engine specs, but more features pack. SF very old, think still theta1 engine

5) Lastly, the most cruel remarks i have heard so far, he asked me "Do you know the last row is for who to sit?" Before i could answer him, he told me this "last row is for adults without legs." I couldn't believe my ears when he told me this. Cant he just keep this remarks to himself??? :angry:

And best of all, he was still smiling when he made this comment.My knee room is as spacious as ody, did he even try to check out market, groundless remark, may be a caren is wat he wants

1) 3rd row too cramp

2) should have replace bluetooth with reverse camera

3) Basic model is a big gap to Premium model

4) Very close comparision to Santa Fe, in terms of engine specs, but more features pack.

And best of all, he was still smiling when he made this comment.

the worst 3row so far i seen is in the new outlander. that one if a charboh with miniskirt go in and sit, confirm chop stamp guarantee, not only u will see the color, u will see the hairs too [lipsrsealed][sweatdrop]

in that aspect, both are important. cars like Impreza and 3 series have wilder lobang for foot but rather cramp for knee as the front seat can be too close to your knee for comfort. However in terms of overall 3rd row suv comfort, its similar to SF n fortuner n Q7 n XC90, GL class n Discovery tops the category n on the less comfort end u have crossroad, T7, Outlander

1) 3rd row too cramp only if u are taller than 1.75cm, i'm 1.73 and hav ard 5cm of clearance, problem might exist if traveling on bumpy road

2) should have replace bluetooth with reverse camera I second this man, each have their own preference, it would be a plus to open for customization

3) Basic model is a big gap to Premium model Premium wat, Premium price lol

4) Very close comparison to Santa Fe, in terms of engine specs, but more features pack. SF very old, think still theta1 engine

And best of all, he was still smiling when he made this comment.My knee room is as spacious as ody, did he even try to check out market, groundless remark, may be a caren is wat he wants

Current carens 3rd row legroom same at 800mm vs sorento at 795mm.

Data taken from kia.com

↡ Advertisement