KIA SORENTO VS HYUNDAI TUSCON

Just to add some reviews by the customers who came to see over the weekend,

1) 3rd row too cramp

2) should have replace bluetooth with reverse camera

3) Basic model is a big gap to Premium model

4) Very close comparision to Santa Fe, in terms of engine specs, but more features pack.

5) Lastly, the most cruel remarks i have heard so far, he asked me "Do you know the last row is for who to sit?" Before i could answer him, he told me this "last row is for adults without legs." I couldn't believe my ears when he told me this. Cant he just keep this remarks to himself??? :angry:

And best of all, he was still smiling when he made this comment.

You get angry for what? If I were you I will smile back and say, "why not get the KIA lorry? you can even lie down and stretch on the loading bed with no problem. Can even sit 2+10pax." :D

the customer who said the last sentence is childish. he may find it funny but i dont and if he not happy can dont buy...come kpkb to me also no use, not as if i m the owner of the brand.

but Kia carens 2nd row can slide the seats...Sorento cannot...

that kind of space (800mm) how to take adults?? what you'll need is at least 900mm...

That's where ppl go wrong. Comparing an MPV with a SUV. "Traditionally" most MPV sits 7 but SUV only sits 5. What Sorento have is more of a 5+2. Some comments ppl give really tells how ignorant they are when it come to cars. They cannot identify which car is for which target audience.

the moment you have 7 seats in the car, you're paying the insurance for 7-people and are competing with 7-seaters car...a 5+2 isn't a 7-seater to me, but a 5+more boot space...

why is the Sorento trying to be an MPV SUV when it just isn't??

Neutral Newbie

HI Merkava,

for (2) , this means that you can connect to a bluetooth headset by using the controls on the central console?

Ermm, no, its just a bluetooth to connect your hp and you can talk through the mic. The other party's conversation will be projected throughout the whole car using another seperate speaker.

Neutral Newbie

the moment you have 7 seats in the car, you're paying the insurance for 7-people and are competing with 7-seaters car...a 5+2 isn't a 7-seater to me, but a 5+more boot space...

why is the Sorento trying to be an MPV SUV when it just isn't??

Maybe its just a market demand?

did a test drive yesterday. some comments :

gears - the "tiptronic" manual override was quiet and had a conti feel to it. not rough at all.

the cabin was quiet, had a pretty solid feel to it. the dashboard is modern design, vs the santa fe which is horribly outdated. even the carens dashboard did not appeal to me.

power - although the engine was not run in yet, the power kick in was apparent, quite torquey, although engine noise picks up after 3,000 rpm (had 4 adults and 2 kids during test drive)

space - sufficient for most needs, since the last 2 seats are used infrequently. the car overall feels big, but not huge - was more cautious testing the Odyssey, maybe due to its length. sitting position is higher due to suv height, but hey, this is what you want in a suv!

the overall feel is actually very good, even against the conti cars i am more familiar with. it passed the home minister test - she did not even bother to sit inside the avante previously!

Edited by Gz0707

looks like not much interest in this car - maybe cause delivery after CNY. to compare with Odyssey (which I am a big fan of), you have to see the price difference. earlier this year, the Ody price dropped to lowest at 95k which is still 15k gap. Now the gap is even more at over 100+k.

4WD - only available for the 3.5L special indent. but it is clearly marketed as an handsome urban SUV, so there is no pretensions. by now it is very clear to everyone if you will use an suv as an off roader. The Suzuki Vitara which started as a 4WD did not do well and a later and also cheaper 2WD launch did not improve sales either. that said, AWD fans will know where to look for AWD or quarttro cars...

the benchmark i see for this car will be Santa Fe, Toyota Vanguard, Prado.

test drove the new Tucson 2.0L.

i can say, the power is relatively acceptable with heavy body and only 2.0L engine.

anyway, you can't expect a SUV to run like a sport car.

the drive is cool, the look is sexy, the engine is quieter and more responsive as compared with the previous version, maybe because of 6AT and higher spec engine.

when you drive, you feel higher altitude than previous version. i just don't like the leather seats.~

went to KIA show room and visited Sorento, with both 2.0L and 2.4L.

2.4L comes with many many fixtures but with additional of ~$10k more as compared with 2.0L ride.

the interior feel is better than the new Tucson and the overall fixtures are much better too.

the leather seats are brown in color and way more comfy than the Tucson.

i like the 7-seaters layout too. you can fold down the two rear back seats to store your stuffs.

Sorento 2.4L : 174bhp,226Nm,1615kg

Tucson 2.0L : 166bhp,197Nm,1403kg

For 2.0L, I will choose Tucson.

For 2.4L, I will choose Sorento.

For sexier look, cost-over-power ratio, branding -> Hyundai Tucson.

For comfy, more classy look -> KIA Sorento.

Just my two cents worth.~

this forum has too many honda fans, their view is always biased.

Tried it instead of living in the well, then you are qualified to comments.

Besides value for money, technology gap is similar.

Time will change, so many people buy samsung's mobile, LED TV.....instead of Sharp, Panasonics, Toshiba.....