Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

Noise is subjective.

yes noise is Subjective.

thanks for allow me to use your post here

No tires can have everything cheap and Good 

Technologies can make this happen very close , But it cost you Money.

is good that Car owners are willing to fork out money on tire for Quality = Safety + comfort.

Some Spent less on Car and Put some money to improve his car Safety and COmfort.

Some Drive a Luxury Car But Save money(or Sting) on his Tire becos he believes his car is equipped with Advanced safety feature. 

ever see a CAr Cost around  $100k spent S1000 for 4 new tires

A car Cost around $300k spent $750 for 4 new tires.

My POV , there is NO worng or Right, is individual choice.

just my sHARING.

yOU DRIVE WHAT YOU PAID AND DRIVE SAFE 

Power is Nothing without Control

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

yes noise is Subjective.

thanks for allow me to use your post here

No tires can have everything cheap and Good

Technologies can make this happen very close , But it cost you Money.

is good that Car owners are willing to fork out money on tire for Quality = Safety + comfort.

Some Spent less on Car and Put some money to improve his car Safety and COmfort.

Some Drive a Luxury Car But Save money(or Sting) on his Tire becos he believes his car is equipped with Advanced safety feature.

ever see a CAr Cost around $100k spent S1000 for 4 new tires

A car Cost around $300k spent $750 for 4 new tires.

My POV , there is NO worng or Right, is individual choice.

just my sHARING.

yOU DRIVE WHAT YOU PAID AND DRIVE SAFE

Power is Nothing without Control

Ya I ever see ppl drive a 300k car looking for used tyres.

Say got 1 year left only.

1 tank petrol also dun know how much liao.

from my experience, own car and friends car.

the more comfort and quiet your car is,

the more u able to heard road/tyres sound.

esp on lexus and benz S class,

the tyres abit sound nia ,

u can hear whoooooo.

very obvious 1.

This one i agree. Can go crazy one
  • Praise 1

Any recommendation for tyres for my Mitshubishi ASX, tyre profile being 225/55/18. Looking for good grip and quiet tyres.

Thanks in advance.

Michelin Primacy4 have size in 225/55-18. Quiet and good grip

I’m collecting my new SUV that comes with 17” rim with Kumho tyres. Tempted to upsize and heard friends saying immediately from collecting car trade-in at a better price.

Bros please share your experiences, should I upsize to 18” or 19”?

Which are the recommended tyres?

My priority is still quietness, the road noise not to be noticeably compromised?

From EU labels... the quietest tyres are around 69DB. The normal tyre is ard 72DB. I doubt humanly possible to tell a difference of 3DB.

cos i think all the test is taken with new tyres.

if they do a test with all the tyres driven on same vehicle after 20-30 k .

a good tyres will retain the same quietest or +10%.

a lousy tyres will easily +100%

cos i think all the test is taken with new tyres.

if they do a test with all the tyres driven on same vehicle after 20-30 k .

a good tyres will retain the same quietest or +10%.

a lousy tyres will easily +100%

Actually very true. I had tyres that is noticeably noisy after 7000km and even noiser after 20k, and after changing to another brand the car becomes much quieter again. and this tyres is only significantly noisier even up to 45k.

I was thinking the 45k Tyre must be very noisy already as psychologically that’s what I think it is, until I changed to a brand new 68/69db tyres and I’m quite disappointed that the quietness level is actually not significantly more.. that’s how I realise it’s not noisy even up till 45k

• Praise 1

Any recommendation for tyres for my Mitshubishi ASX, tyre profile being 225/55/18. Looking for good grip and quiet tyres.

Thanks in advance.

these 2 criteria is mutually exclusive. primacy 4 is not exactly good grip when wet even though it is one of the best tires in the touring class. i am using it for 1 week

good grip tires are not as quiet as primacy 4 though

i also want a quiet and grippy set

Edited by Carhorn

Actually very true. I had tyres that is noticeably noisy after 7000km and even noiser after 20k, and after changing to another brand the car becomes much quieter again. and this tyres is only significantly noisier even up to 45k.

I was thinking the 45k Tyre must be very noisy already as psychologically that’s what I think it is, until I changed to a brand new 68/69db tyres and I’m quite disappointed that the quietness level is actually not significantly more.. that’s how I realise it’s not noisy even up till 45k

Exactly the same situation when I change from a 48k Primacy 3 ST to BS Alenza 001. New tyre drive on the expressway felt same noise as the old tyre change out.

these 2 criteria is mutually exclusive. primacy 4 is not exactly good grip when wet even though it is one of the best tires in the touring class. i am using it for 1 week

good grip tires are not as quiet as primacy 4 though

i also want a quiet and grippy set

actually many ppl mix up good grip tyres with good aquaplanning tyres.

when u ask for good grip at tyres shop, did u mention good grip during raining days?

or a good dry grip tyres ( performance tyres with big blocks )

most good comfort tyres , their performance during raining days wont lose to performance tyres, 

cos they got as much grooves for aquaplanning also.

and in fact performance cut down on grooves to have more surface contact for more dry grip, which in alot of cases make them lose out during rains.

so make sure u know wat u are asking for.

• Praise 2

So what would you recommend? I'm using Kumho Solus 235/45/18. These are stock high performance tires. Or what I recall as ultra performance tires. They aren't very quiet nor do they grip very well either in the dry or wet... Looking to get the same size. But don't want to pay too much...

How are Hankook Ventus Evo S2? Quiet plus good in the wet? Also open to other brands, preferably below $200 per tire... I heard Michelin Primacy/ Pilot Sport, Yokohama Advan are also very good... but these are quite expensive right?

from my experience, own car and friends car.

the more comfort and quiet your car is,

the more u able to heard road/tyres sound.

esp on lexus and benz S class,

the tyres abit sound nia ,

u can hear whoooooo.

very obvious 1. 

you are absolutely right.

• Praise 1

IMHO, worth doing sound proof oatvtge front 2 wheel arch areas. It can reduce tire roll sound significantly. However, after that, you start to hear other sounds.

So what would you recommend? I'm using Kumho Solus 235/45/18. These are stock high performance tires. Or what I recall as ultra performance tires. They aren't very quiet nor do they grip very well either in the dry or wet... Looking to get the same size. But don't want to pay too much...

How are Hankook Ventus Evo S2? Quiet plus good in the wet? Also open to other brands, preferably below $200 per tire... I heard Michelin Primacy/ Pilot Sport, Yokohama Advan are also very good... but these are quite expensive right?

personally,the best for me would be Michelin but you can look at continental aslo.the new sport series are as grippy as hell but owners claim it wears out faster than other brands.

IMHO, worth doing sound proof oatvtge front 2 wheel arch areas. It can reduce tire roll sound significantly. However, after that, you start to hear other sounds. ð

Actually not true for me.

I did sound proofing for 3 of my previous car. It only enhance the sound effect of the speakers but not so much on road noise.

Current car old tires was super noisy. I did 3 layers on front and back wheels. Including the trunk, Not much of a difference.

Once changed tires, all noise gone. So I guess investing in quiet tires is much more effective.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4