How to spot a real and fake Enkei rim?

Hammerhammer

I had bought a second hand 15" sports rim and tyre for my Honda Fit. Rim as according to the shop is after market Japanese rim. Not sure what he means by that. Tyre is Bridgestone RE040 with about 80% thread. Then when inspecting the rim for any damage. Only a kerb rash of about 2" at the edge of one of the rim. I ask him how to see whether it is Japanese rim he point to an Enkei logo inside the rim telling me it is from Japan. So I paid $350 for the rim and tyre. Is it expensive? Am I carrot? So is there really such a thing "after market" Japanese rim with Enkei logo at the back? I din trade in anything because my existing is using the 14" wheel cover rim and Aspec A300 factory fitted.

Please advice.

I will post the pic tomolo to show you guys the rim.

↡ Advertisement

have u check how much a real enkei rim cost and how much a replica cost?

if u have do your homework beforehand and yet still accept the "supposingly low" offer price which quite unbelieveable, then u know most likely is a replica. Enkei rim logo can be bought anywhere just like Toyota, Honda rim logo.

enkei rim , u have to know what model u are talking about . now enkei mass produce rims for cars.

if i am not wrong ,nissan latio stock rim is enkei MAKE IN JAPAN . but that is a shitty rim , heavy not nice .

( any latio owner can verify?? lol ) my bro own a latio , next time i check and tell u guys .

any way b4 u go for any japan or euro brand rims, make sure u know what model u buying, or at least the seller know what model he is selling , if not , ...

I'm on a set of Enkei JS+M. There's a "Made in Japan" embossed on the inside of the rims. They should come with rim caps and are light. Around 5 to 5.5kg. Replicas are usually heavier? My 2 cents. [:)]

I had bought a second hand 15" sports rim and tyre for my Honda Fit. Rim as according to the shop is after market Japanese rim. Not sure what he means by that. Tyre is Bridgestone RE040 with about 80% thread. Then when inspecting the rim for any damage. Only a kerb rash of about 2" at the edge of one of the rim. I ask him how to see whether it is Japanese rim he point to an Enkei logo inside the rim telling me it is from Japan. So I paid $350 for the rim and tyre. Is it expensive? Am I carrot? So is there really such a thing "after market" Japanese rim with Enkei logo at the back? I din trade in anything because my existing is using the 14" wheel cover rim and Aspec A300 factory fitted.

Please advice.

I will post the pic tomolo to show you guys the rim.

you have brought it. He point to you that there's an enkei logo. you should not make noise now. carrot have been chop up.

Even if we tell you it's not, what can you do?

and hey, it's $350 for the set. frankly, with 350, i can't even buy 1 piece of my rim .. all i can say is you got a bargain already. you should give an angbao to the fellow that sold you the rims and tyres.

Edited by Sony

checked if there is any "made in japan" embossed on the outside of the rims.

Dun have made in japan word. The rim put RM auto racing cap and enkei logo inside. So rim not japanese as claim. But for the price of $350 rim + tyre price is reasonable?

Neutral Newbie

i used to have first and 2nd hand enkei rims.

original enkei rims wld have the embossment of Made in Japan inside, along with a QC sticker on the inside of the rim. the sticker is darn strong, and can hold for years, unless the rims had been resprayed before, thus sticker is gone.

nowadays, some replicas are so good, that they have the MIJ embossment oso, and weigh equally light.

IMO, if u wan ori enkei rims, get it brand new from reputable dealers. if 2nd hand, no gurantees....

oso, enkei had 2 types of rims, one if Enkei, the other is Enkei Tuning. Enkei Tuning is YHI and Enkei collaboration designed rims and built along with Enkei MAT tech, and thus cost cheaper the Enkei rims. oso, u wld see that Enkei Tuning rims design are quite similar to some Advanti rims.

http://www.enkei.com/

http://www.enkeituning.com/

so far, i have no complains bout both Enkei and Enkei Tuning rims, altho i only used enkei rims before. Enkei Tuning Rims are abit too heavy for the same 15 and 16 inch that i wan....

well, u get wat u paid, as the Tuning rims are ard same price as Advanti rims...

lets just put it this way, u can't ask for a better deal than that.

new replica rims are already costing close to a hundred a piece for 15". u go do your maths.

for the price that you are paying,i doubt its a real Enkei.

unless you are really lucky or the condition of the rims are very bad.

Ya should not be real one. But anyway I intend to change new tyres for my 14" stock wheel cover rim which will set me back $320 so in the end I top up $30 for the 15" sport rims and 80% thread tyre so pretty good deal I think [rolleyes]

My 2nd hand 15" enkei costs me $200 a piece and that is without tyre. A brand new piece costs $350 or more. So that should give you an idea what you bought.

A brand new 15" RM rims would cost around $100 a piece.

RM is replica rims....

I also bought RM rims... its not that its lousy... its quite good actually..... used for 2.5 years liao... never a problem

$350 is v good deal already with tyres..... dun complain. so long as the rims dun give u problems

i trade in my brand new stock 15' rims/tyres for brand new 16' RM rims with new F1 tyres... i pay $400 nett

RM is replica rims....

I also bought RM rims... its not that its lousy... its quite good actually..... used for 2.5 years liao... never a problem

$350 is v good deal already with tyres..... dun complain. so long as the rims dun give u problems

i trade in my brand new stock 15' rims/tyres for brand new 16' RM rims with new F1 tyres... i pay $400 nett

Ya quite true consider the tyre tread is still 80% thread left. :D

↡ Advertisement