• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
85 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:48 AM

Fuzzylogic
  • Fuzzylogic
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone tried Bardahl engine oil before?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Danial81
  • Danial81
    Banned

never heard of that bro..

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone tried Bardahl engine oil before?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bot 1 bottle from Bkt Merah last yr and undestand from my Malaysian friend that this is quite a reputated brand frm US (but it sounds like an Indian name to me). The price was quite attractive at $38/4L bottle for a fully syn if I remember correctly. I used it on my father Altis and my father feedback was OK.... he drained it off at +-10K and i nvr hear any major complain from him... i dun use it cos im using either W20 or W30 oil for my vios.

If the price i remember was correct ($38/4L), you may wanna give it a try since its so cheap.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Fuzzylogic
  • Fuzzylogic
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

bot 1 bottle from Bkt Merah last yr and undestand from my Malaysian friend that this is quite a reputated brand frm US (but it sounds like an Indian name to me). The price was quite attractive at $38/4L bottle for a fully syn if I remember correctly. I used it on my father Altis and my father feedback was OK.... he drained it off at +-10K and i nvr hear any major complain from him... i dun use it cos im using either W20 or W30 oil for my vios.

If the price i remember was correct ($38/4L), you may wanna give it a try since its so cheap.

From where in Bukit Merah did you get it from?

You can PM me if not convenient to post here.

Thanks.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

===========

This brand was very popular in racing circles & is more popular in US.

Very old & established brand. The price u got quite cheap but still lose to the CL oil. biggrin.gif

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From where in Bukit Merah did you get it from?

You can PM me if not convenient to post here.

Thanks.

I dun have the address but its inside alexandra industrial park i guess. There is only 2 sparepart shop there. You can check around.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

===========

Very old & established brand. The price u got quite cheap but still lose to the CL oil. biggrin.gif

CL oil??? whats that? cycle oil?

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

c-- ---e from Giant & Carrefour..

Edited by Ghostami, 04 January 2010 - 05:54 PM.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How come when I tye c-- ---e it becomes ----???

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there was once a big furious.gif over this particular brand of oil

some say this oil is cheap and syntetic thumbsup.gif

some say this oil is not so syntetic thumbsdown.gif

i dont think any scholar.gif came up with any scientific conclusion

but anyway i think the mods decided to put in the --- thing to prevent future big furious.gif

grin.gif

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

cl oil now selling at giant turf city 29.90, 5l pack and comes with engine oil treatment free.

fabulous deal

imho there is a slight diff to the branded synthetic oil but the price diff i cant ignore.

unless u are driving a premium conti, otherwise good enough for run of the mill jap cars.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:37 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It works well for me and fits my budget as I change oil at 5 - 6k interval..

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i used the CL for 2 rounds of servicing and all the way to 10k....act its good enough la...
but now giving the amsoil 5w40 a try and..............actually not much diff la...haha
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

CL oil??? whats that? cycle oil?

=============

The popular c@rlube. I find it the best value for money oil at the moment.

Now its in my Optra & >5K km already & still good to go. I usually do OC every 10K km with a fully synthetic &

Last time I use it in my COE corona & drove to Cameron Highlands. Whacked >160km/h on NSH & it was as smooth as ever. thumbsup.gif

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cl oil now selling at giant turf city 29.90, 5l pack and comes with engine oil treatment free.

fabulous deal

imho there is a slight diff to the branded synthetic oil but the price diff i cant ignore.

unless u are driving a premium conti, otherwise good enough for run of the mill jap cars.

=============

Its a good & cheap oil but there was this 1 guy trying to promote it on all the car forums which made a big hoo ha & he was banned several times for his tactics.

It has a slightly lower flash point so u might need to top-up a little more often with older engines.

In my 4 year old (75K km) Optra I now have it in >5K km & still the level has not dropped at all since it was filled in. And I do whack once in awhile.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Nmnhnlm
  • Nmnhnlm
    4th Gear
    Author Image

CL = c-----e lar.....lol

I have yet to use c-----e but my next oil change will be CL. I am getting sick of paying ridiculous prices for premium motor oil. They do make your car feel slightly more power etc but I don't think I need it. Rather spend the $$$ on better things and save on engine oil

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It works well for me and fits my budget as I change oil at 5 - 6k interval..

============

Ive always run it upto 10K km without any problems.

If I going to change at around 5K km, I might as well use a premium oil like RP or Mobil 1 even as the costs will b about the same then.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, price is about the same but to your engine is totally different. Would you feel your car feels cleaner washing it once or twice? Same price paid but confirm better for the engine.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, price is about the same but to your engine is totally different. Would you feel your car feels cleaner washing it once or twice? Same price paid but confirm better for the engine.

=============
Agreed the more often u change oil, the fresher it wil b cos it starts to detiorate the day u put it in.

BUT I feel it was made to last 10K km as it has been certified so I just use till 10K km as I dont feel much difference even till it has run its course.

Changing more often wil mean my maintenance costs wil go up unnecessarily. As long as I dont whack when its nearing 10K km, I am not worried.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

===========

Thanks for sharing. Been wanting to find out more about this brand.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users