Bardahl Synthetic Oil

Fuzzylogic

================

Is this fully synthetic?

Seems a very good price. Must support this vendor. [nod]

Its semi synthetic. Mix of 20% ~ 25% PAO + remaining group 2 oil. I got best mileage from using Schaeffer #7000 5w30, the viscosity at 40 deg.C (close to local temp on a hot day) is among the lowest, even surpassing those famous fully synthetic oil, thus easier flow at start-up.

↡ Advertisement

Its semi synthetic. Mix of 20% ~ 25% PAO + remaining group 2 oil. I got best mileage from using Schaeffer #7000 5w30, the viscosity at 40 deg.C (close to local temp on a hot day) is among the lowest, even surpassing those famous fully synthetic oil, thus easier flow at start-up.

bro can pm me where to buy and the pricing? thanks! how's your ride? i just cheong bk from genting trip.....quite fun trip.

bro can pm me where to buy and the pricing? thanks! how's your ride? i just cheong bk from genting trip.....quite fun trip.

Kspchew mentioned he got it at $8.50 per quartz, which is much cheaper than my source at M.X. trading. So I'd like to know where he got it.

Ride's ok, just exceed 50k km last month, so far so good. [drivingcar]

Spot on, its one of the reasons why I am using this EO.

you can get it at www.lubeszone.com, now they are having offer on 7k series and 9k series.

P/s:Mod, if providing such an info is not allowed, please remove. tks

Edited by Kspchew

my service booklet says I need to use ACEA A3/B3... Schaeffer do not have such rating??

I think Schaeffer mostly A1 and A5, except maybe #9000 5w40? I think A3 and A5 are very similiar, except that A3 need a HTHS of >3.5, alot of 30 weight engine oil don't meet that, except maybe Redline? Redline 30 weight got a HTHS of 3.8. Is yours a continental or turbo-charges engine?

Spot on, its one of the reasons why I am using this EO.

you can get it at www.lubeszone.com, now they are having offer on 7k series and 9k series.

P/s:Mod, if providing such an info is not allowed, please remove. tks

Thank you for sharing this info. [thumbsup]

Kspchew mentioned he got it at $8.50 per quartz, which is much cheaper than my source at M.X. trading. So I'd like to know where he got it.

Ride's ok, just exceed 50k km last month, so far so good. [drivingcar]

Thanks for sharing. I will try to source it at MX Trading. [thumbsup]

I think Schaeffer mostly A1 and A5, except maybe #9000 5w40? I think A3 and A5 are very similiar, except that A3 need a HTHS of >3.5, alot of 30 weight engine oil don't meet that, except maybe Redline? Redline 30 weight got a HTHS of 3.8. Is yours a continental or turbo-charges engine?

driving a opel... looking for w30 oil for next change

castrol edge got w30 oil??? if thats the case, I might switch back to Castrol once i finish my stock....

I believe previously it was labelled Castrol SLX. However, I do not know where to get locally...

This Castrol Edge 0w30 is very thick, the viscosity at 100 deg.C is 12.2, almost like a 40 weight oil, hence the high HTHS. It however, is not an energy saving oil, so expect your fuel consumption to go up if previously you're using 30 weight energy saving oils.

I believe previously it was labelled Castrol SLX. However, I do not know where to get locally...

This Castrol Edge 0w30 is very thick, the viscosity at 100 deg.C is 12.2, almost like a 40 weight oil, hence the high HTHS. It however, is not an energy saving oil, so expect your fuel consumption to go up if previously you're using 30 weight energy saving oils.

wat??? then forget it. FC is my 1st priority. the rest is not important.

Can consider Castrol Edge 0w30, that one ACEA A3. [thumbsup]

I tried this oil prior to my last servicing. It is quite good and lasted me 10k. [thumbsup]

I did not see any change or difference in my fuel consumption.

Edited by Yuan

how much is it?? need cheap w30 oil.... on very tight budget [:(]

if u r on tight budget, go MY carrefour, I do see they carry w30 oil from reputable companies at much cheaper price than here.

if u r on tight budget, go MY carrefour, I do see they carry w30 oil from reputable companies at much cheaper price than here.

You mean c-lube?

↡ Advertisement