Having Fun With ECU Tuning!!

Nmnhnlm

Hoho, I never had a chance to meddle with a car's ECU till these few days when I decide to hook up my PC to my Celica's ECU. There are so much things to tune and so many information. Never knew that an ECU actually controls that many things! Here is a screen shot of the interface. Pretty generic but quite interesting. It even plot graphs of my Engine RPM, my boost etc..... quite fun.

graph2.jpg

↡ Advertisement

sm4 ecu.... still wanna pretend nmnh!

tuned by alex i presume?

Bro I really nmnh. The ECU came with the car one. Not I buy wans.

The tuning was done by Cheng Poh from umtwo.

Hi guys, am alittle intrigued here. i have an Altis and apparently i read that the engine which is a 3ZZ-FE was originally designed to channel an output in the region of 112BHP and 160Nm. It was because of the Euro 3 emission standard which caused Toyota to detune this engine to produce only a measly 107BHP and 140Nm.

My assumption is that this act of detuning was done by tweaking parameters in the ECU. Is this assumption invalid?

But if it is true then technically can a reprogramming of this ECU or maybe a piggyback give back our rightful ponies? :ph34r:

Hi guys, am alittle intrigued here. i have an Altis and apparently i read that the engine which is a 3ZZ-FE was originally designed to channel an output in the region of 112BHP and 160Nm. It was because of the Euro 3 emission standard which caused Toyota to detune this engine to produce only a measly 107BHP and 140Nm.

My assumption is that this act of detuning was done by tweaking parameters in the ECU. Is this assumption invalid?

But if it is true then technically can a reprogramming of this ECU or maybe a piggyback give back our rightful ponies? :ph34r:

Yes, you can install a piggyback ECU like Greddy Emanage Unichip and get back your lost ponies!

5BHP, use V-Power good enough.

If that you wanna do such mod to increase 5BHP, why don't buy another car in the first place.

Anyway, BHP is nothing if that you dont have torque.

Will doing an ECU flash void the vehicle's warranty? Thanks for advice!

Yes. AD will void your warranty.

↡ Advertisement