Motion sickness remedy required

Civic6656

Anyone knows what is the best remedy for motion sickness or sea sickness? :huh:

A friend had just returned from a fishing trip and says typically he has been vomiting all the way... :wacko:

He couldn't take long distance bus trip too... [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Anyone knows what is the best remedy for motion sickness or sea sickness? :huh:

A friend had just returned from a fishing trip and says typically he has been vomiting all the way... :wacko:

He couldn't take long distance bus trip too... [bigcry]

Other than medical remedies like sea sick tablets etc, you can ask your friend to try the following

For boat trips

1) Look far towards the horizon. Avoid looking at near objects or the floor of the boat

2) Try not to stay in the cabin. Instead, go out to the deck or stern of the boat to get more fresh air

For bus rides

1) Sit in the front or middle of the bus where it is less "bouncy"

2) Look at far objects like the horizon or mountains etc instead of near objects like trees or lamp posts

Actually, the best way to overcome motion sickness is to have your body get use to it. Last time, i can't read in a moving vehicle as i will feel sick. So what i did was to start with reading just a page of the papers in a bus. Slowly increase the number of pages and before you know it, you would have overcome it

Thanks for all the advice.

I will ask him to get some ginger tablets and also the dos and don'ts during his next fishing trip which I doubt he will go again... :D

He says his face turned GREEN and all his meals were contributed to the fishes instead. [furious]

Caught not even ikan bilis!

Neutral Newbie

Go to any GP...there's medicine for motion sickness....

A air stewardess gf told me....get an orange n smell it...it will ease....dunno how true la...nvr tried lo.

Actually, the best way to overcome motion sickness is to have your body get use to it. Last time, i can't read in a moving vehicle as i will feel sick. So what i did was to start with reading just a page of the papers in a bus. Slowly increase the number of pages and before you know it, you would have overcome it

maybe its the suspension of the newer buses have improved [:p]

u must test ur skill on a rocky bus!

maybe its the suspension of the newer buses have improved [:p]

u must test ur skill on a rocky bus!

hahaha... no lah. SBS buses are still crappy

Nothing really works for sea sickness!!! I know, I've been there.

Sea sickness pills can only minimise the headache and vomitting but it will not remove it totally. It is to be taken one or two hours before you step onto the boat. When u are onboard and experiencing the sea sickness already, the pill got no effect at all.

For ppl like me, even thou work onboard ship for five years, I will still get sea sickness if the sea is very rough. It will never go away!!! :D Watever medication doesnt help when u are in the hands of mother nature. Just drink more water and keep to liquid diet while out at sea. :D

during my very first flight, I also puked..~

so from thereon, when I took off my plane, I will always keep two sweets inside my mouth and keep some in my pocket.

i believe the G i am taking is even more worst than the sea.

it works for me and you might want to try.

hope it works.. *puke* Hahaaaaa..~ =p

I suffer from motion sickness too, bus, private cars, taxi, boat and ferry and plane, in fact anything that moves will make my face turn pale and my stomach churn.

I only feels alright when I drives or taking the MRT ( maybe the MRT is not so jerky as other transport ).

For bus ride, if I am not taking my medicine, it is best to suck a strong "Black" Hack's sweet or a dried sour plum in the mouth and try to stand in the middle of the bus, please do not seat, it will makes you feels worst.

For boat or plane rides, there is no choice but to take medication.

Go to any pharmacies and ask for "DRAMAMINE" or now they had change the name to " NOVAMINE", it cost a few dollars for 10 tablets.

In my opinion, this is the only medication that works and is the most effective.

For adult, take 1 tablets half and hour before the journey, this will provides time for the medicine to takes effect.

PS: If you forget to take the medicine half an hour before the journey and have to leave in short notice, just crush the tablet in your mouth into powder form and drink water to wash it down, the medicine will takes effect much faster.

When the medicine takes effect, you will feels a bit drowsy and sleepy ( for those who never takes this medicine before ) but you will be alright, no more motion sickness even if the ride is rough.

The effect of this tablet will last for 6 hours. Before 6 hours is up, if your journey still have to continue, take a second tablet for the next 6 hours of comfort.

This is a control drug, you have to purchase from the pharmacist.

Edited by Nemo6089
↡ Advertisement