Singapore tugboat sinks off coast, 11 crew missing

Vroomtattat

Why does a tug-boat carry so many people.

Last week, a tugboat capsized in China killing 22 people/ 3 are Singaporeans.

Just asking for knowledge hor . . .

• Praise 1

SINGAPORE – Singapore's port authority says rescuers are searching for 11 missing crewmen after a tugboat sank off the coast of the city-state.

The Maritime and Port Authority says the Singapore-registered Ocean Lark went down early Wednesday off Pedra Branca island, 34 miles (54 kilometers) east of the city.

It says two of the boat's 13 crew members were rescued by another ship and the air force and navy are searching for the other 11.

The port authority did not immediately say why the boat sank.

Let's hope for the best . . . sweatdrop.gif

Check it out

Huh??

• Praise 2

Hella necro, make me panic because i didn't check dates. Immediately went into vessel database to check on the ship particulars then saw it's already listed as total loss vessel.

not say of no help, but it's very limited even if you know how to swim. Most of time, people drowned in sea due to undercurrent suck them down. 

And in certain areas, you need immersion suits in order to survive. 

Those like to cruise one ... better learn to swim first ..... 

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 5

Those like to cruise one ... better learn to swim first ..... 

Around the tropics, still can swim. Other than that, the water will be too cold to swim. You will died of hypthermia within mins.

Around the tropics, still can swim. Other than that, the water will be too cold to swim. You will died of hypthermia within mins.

True ... true.

But for our region , lots of cruise . But many still dont know how to swim . Only know how to eat lol

• Praise 1

Haiz.... RIP ....

That's the risk... whether taking airplane or cruise ships, we are always at the mercy of the nature force, such as stormy water, typhoon, air turbulence, etc etc ...

• Praise 1

Sad man...RIP

Btw, the fella filming this probably wearing some chest or head mount Gopro...otherwise, where got so zai one...

Actually... she was in the news this month... the catamaran sank in 2015 but the 21 year old woman holding the GoPro (it was a go pro) only recently decided to release it for public viewing. She said she didn't have the strength to see the footage until recently.

Anyway, she said the GoPro was handheld... and she continued to film once it started listing as she knew something terrible was happening and it needed to be recorded.

She also had the presence of mind to remove her life-jacket when she was caught under the tarp and swam under the boat. 

Actually... she was in the news this month... the catamaran sank in 2015 but the 21 year old woman holding the GoPro (it was a go pro) only recently decided to release it for public viewing. She said she didn't have the strength to see the footage until recently.

Anyway, she said the GoPro was handheld... and she continued to film once it started listing as she knew something terrible was happening and it needed to be recorded.

She also had the presence of mind to remove her life-jacket when she was caught under the tarp and swam under the boat. 

wow....some are just crisis-ready, like this lady.....most would not have thought of taking the life-jacket off....

True. For me, I always think through the possible emergencies and locate the exit routes/ course of action etc when boarding vessels. It might come in handy when emergency strikes.

• Praise 1

this is v scary,

The mother was asking "where's my son". someone replied, he's dead....... :wacko::wacko: its a nightmare for the mother.

I remembered those times when I took those speedboat to Tioman, Phuket, Davao..... capsize can happen anytime.

Yah saw the footage a woman tried to hold on her child so as not to be separated.

This kind of scenario Worse if trap under capsize boat. This should jump before boat turn or sink.

↡ Advertisement