• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 26 praises

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi all, sorry if this topic had been discussed many times before.

i am going to send my ride for servicing. should i be using 5w30 or 5w40 engine oil. my milage is about 7.5K on the odometer. first servicing.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Chevycavy
  • Chevycavy
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guessing ur ride is most probably not a highly modded performance car that goes to track regularly so I would suggest 5w30 is sufficient.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hi all, sorry if this topic had been discussed many times before.

i am going to send my ride for servicing. should i be using 5w30 or 5w40 engine oil. my milage is about 7.5K on the odometer. first servicing.

we need to know car model, Turbo cars cannot use w30 oils.....

Pepi18022009 (For Fifa14/GTA V)

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

check ur owners manual

new NA cars made in recent years use 30 wt is better

40 is too thick for recent NA models i guess

most new jap cars now recommned 20 or 30 wt if i am not wrong. at least my car manual does

Edited by TangoElite, 07 January 2010 - 10:30 AM.

"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Guessing ur ride is most probably not a highly modded performance car that goes to track regularly so I would suggest 5w30 is sufficient.

my ride is completely stock.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

we need to know car model, Turbo cars cannot use w30 oils.....

mine is 2L turbo Scirocco. i have seen owners of the same ride using w30 leh.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:42 AM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

TS ur sirocco owners manual never mention the recommend oil wt?
"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:54 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just follow what's recommended in your owner manual, you can't go wrong with that.
<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

TS ur sirocco owners manual never mention the recommend oil wt?

my manual put some figure which i dont understand. what is VW 504 00 ?

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

VW 504 is a low SAP oil spec, have luck finding that one cos i think only the dealer will have it.
<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

See here : http://pics.tdiclub....005/V170801.pdf

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

VW 504 is a low SAP oil spec, have luck finding that one cos i think only the dealer will have it.

Hur??? hur.gif

According to the spec sheet, most 5W30 oils will do.

Refer to : http://pics.tdiclub....005/V170801.pdf

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

mine is 2L turbo Scirocco. i have seen owners of the same ride using w30 leh.

Seen their cars getting towed back from NSHW ?

normal driving is no issue, when you keep going at boost, then you will feel the after effects.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seen their cars getting towed back from NSHW ?

normal driving is no issue, when you keep going at boost, then you will feel the after effects.

Speed at NSHW is nothing as compare to Autobann in Germany..

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Jeleburacer
  • Premium member
    Jeleburacer
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

much depend on travellling condition, city use 5w-30 is economy but if you travel NSH you will feel power loss.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hur??? hur.gif

According to the spec sheet, most 5W30 oils will do.

Refer to : http://pics.tdiclub....005/V170801.pdf

If you read the spec sheet.

Not all oil meet this spec, only certain oil will meet VW 504 like Mobil 1 5w30ESP, Mobil SHC formula V and Castrol SLX Professional LL03. That's why i say have fun finding these specially type of oil model.

Edited by Trex101, 07 January 2010 - 11:34 AM.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So if i want to try Motul V300 engine oil, do i go for w30 or w40?

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:36 AM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Speed at NSHW is nothing as compare to Autobann in Germany..

So people in Germany use w30 oils ?
Talk is cheap

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

So if i want to try Motul V300 engine oil, do i go for w30 or w40?

Nope, Motul 300v doesn't meet VW 504 spec. Only MOTUL Specific 50400 507 00 oil then can use.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

Mrbean
  • Premium member
    Mrbean
    Clutched
    Author Image

Exotic cars ........ exotic oils needed....... :-)

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: 5w30, 5w40

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users