Lexus is rank No 1 luxury car again in 2009

Pckwpckw

Neutral Newbie

THe Lexus is rank No 1 luxury car again in 2009, i m not surprise as after owning it for almost 2 years, i don't feel i can accept other brand unless it can be as refine as lexus. In singapore if the road tax system can change Lexus will also be NO 1.

↡ Advertisement

Even though Lexus is refine, it has no character. Although it has IS-F, 8 spd gb cannot decide which gear the car should be at.

BMW may not be refine as Lexus. Every time i step on the throttle, i can feel & hear the engine roar. If not for the spd limit, i will not hesitate to gun my car till speedometer stops.

END OF OT.

not disputing that Lexus may be refined.

Let me explain further, david's point

in fact , it's the same for every s--t.

Why does a perfectly timed Casio, battery run to perfection, sell for a fraction of an automatic Oysterdate?

Why does a beautifully handrolled Dominican Republic cigar stand pale beside a rougher Cuban?

Why does a refined hi tech Honda bike sell for so much cheaper and less sought after then a bobbing old HD?

Why is an old conservation house so much more meaningful than a brand new lifeless condo?

Why is it so much more fun to hang out with a grungy, funky girl then a next door librarian type?

oh, i could go on forever.

end of the day, it's about character. and lexus is far behind in that department.

Edited by Throttle2

THe Lexus is rank No 1 luxury car again in 2009, i m not surprise as after owning it for almost 2 years, i don't feel i can accept other brand unless it can be as refine as lexus. In singapore if the road tax system can change Lexus will also be NO 1.

Sorry bro, can you be more detail? Rank by who? Any link to the article or media?

Misguided to think that expensive means better is not always true.

Lexus is the shining example of smart consumers.

not disputing that Lexus may be refined.

Let me explain further, david's point

In fact , it's the same for every s--t.

Why does a perfectly timed Casio, battery run to perfection, sell for a fraction of an automatic Oysterdate?

Why does a beautifully handrolled Dominican Republic cigar stand pale beside a rougher Cuban?

Why does a refined hi tech Honda bike sell for so much cheaper and less sought after then a bobbing old HD?

Why is an old conservation house so much more meaningful than a brand new lifeless condo?

Why is it so much more fun to hang out with a grungy, funky girl then a next door librarian type?

end of the day, it's about character. and lexus is far behind in that department.

Misguided to think that expensive means better is not always true.

Lexus is the shining example of smart consumers.

Read my post and the examples I give, contrary to your poor understanding (yet again !)

my examples do show that higher price is not always better .

A Dominican Republic cigar of the same premium quality may not be cheaper than a Cuban

A condo of the same size in heart of town may not be cheaper than a conservation house in the same area.

Lexus is a good car, dont doubt that, but it will take a lot more for them to inject the soul.....

Leepee Leepee, hhhmm, i think I will use the word Leepee for the meaning of "silly"

examples of usage:-

============

"Come on lah, dont be leepee!"

"Wah, that is so leepee!"

Neutral Newbie

Sorry bro, can you be more detail? Rank by who? Any link to the article or media?

Is from a latest article from Singapore newspaper, Data from United state. They rank Lexus 1, BMW 2, Mercede 3 respectively.

Well, Lexus has been no. 1 in the US for 1 decade plus. To them, luxury means unparalled ride, refinement, performance COUPLED with problem-free ownership. While Lexus still lacks the X-factor, all their characteristics suit the taste of American consumers, and therefore their no. 1 status is well-deserved in the US.

If you move on to Britain... Hahaha. Its a different story altogether.

Personally I would rank RR #1, Merc #2, Lexus 3, and BMW 4.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, Lexus has been no. 1 in the US for 1 decade plus. To them, luxury means unparalled ride, refinement, performance COUPLED with problem-free ownership. While Lexus still lacks the X-factor, all their characteristics suit the taste of American consumers, and therefore their no. 1 status is well-deserved in the US.

Just my 2 cents.

you forgot to mention bently.

YOU AGAIN???!?!?!?!?! [laugh] happy new year

it is the marketing, branding, image that etches the word "character" in people's minds and subsequent banging on about it simply reinforces that image. hence, many use character to explain away seemingly inferior possessions. they call me mr personality because i'm so ugly, you know what i mean?

Just my 2 cents.

in the UK, BMW used to be seen as the yob's car of choice. now audi has taken over the mantle. yob = ang moh beng

Is from a latest article from Singapore newspaper, Data from United state. They rank Lexus 1, BMW 2, Mercede 3 respectively.

Many Americans like Lexus because they are sick and tired of fark-ups from their domestic marques and have totally bought into the reliable Japanese tech hype, them having driven and owned Toyotas and Hondas before. In the minds of those Americans who would consider a Lexus, the marques from Germany don't fare any better than their own American cars in terms of reliability. However in terms of image, it is a totally different thing and German and Italian marques still rule in the USA. And if image is the top priority, it is BMW, Maserati, Porsche and Mercedes Benz for them. From my own experience.

it is the marketing, branding, image that etches the word "character" in people's minds and subsequent banging on about it simply reinforces that image. hence, many use character to explain away seemingly inferior possessions. they call me mr personality because i'm so ugly, you know what i mean?

I know what you mean.

However, some things can clearly be defined as inferior or superior, other things like style and feel, is quite difficult to define. Not everyone can use "character" to their advantage but you can bet that every car or lifestyle product company would love to be able to do that. Observe the adverts.

Build quality etc...is easily defined as in type of plastic, grade of leather, steel....etc..

In terms of construction and tobacco quality as well as craftsmanship iin rolling, Dominican Republic Cigars may arguably be ranked one notch above the Cubans.

But when it comes to taste, aroma and feel, my choice is clear.

All this taking into consideration that i do not hate DR cigars at all.

Mr Personality certainly need not be Ugly.

↡ Advertisement