Camry Tailgate for free parking

Angmokio

got $$ buy camry, no $$ pay parking ah,

so malu, should expose his number big big

my office carpark always got people tailgate me when i leaving too

these idiots will park 1 side near exit and wait, then when you want to exit, they quickly accelerate up and tailgate u tightly... so freaking obvious... i just move off at a snail crawling pace after i clear the barrier, then see their shocked faces in the rear view mirror.

carparks should implement those super sensitive and quick decucting scanner. even no barrier or idiots who try to tailgate, also cannot escape.

Does your office happens to be around anson road? my office carpark also the same!!

• Praise 1

a simple way is to do double barrier. no need cctv or security guard stand there

1 in front and 1 behind the car that is going to exit.

the barrier behind wont open until the front barrier has closed,.

Hahaha.... Next itme you will PAY for the extra barrier....

There are cheapos out there regardless... if they think they can save a few dollars, let them be.

Live and let live.....

• Praise 1

Hahaha.... Next itme you will PAY for the extra barrier....

There are cheapos out there regardless... if they think they can save a few dollars, let them be.

Live and let live.....

yea, best is to live n let live

I have to confess I was 1 of the joker who did it but it was at the entrance! hahah

Got 1 time I blur sotong at Vivo city. The car in front enter the car park liao, I just follow, never wait for the barrier to come down 1st before I move forward. Kena chop on the roof by the barrier. hahhaha Lucky I not driving a convertable with the top down, sure kena knock head. hahaha

But when I go exit, I still had to pay the normal parking charges.

• Praise 1

I first time kena last nite..is at fu li shou complex.. when i move after deduction..i was shock to see someone tailgate me so closely can see clearly a CB aunty face.. KNN very gian peng..After reading this thread.. i knw wad to do liao..

• Praise 1

I first time kena last nite..is at fu li shou complex.. when i move after deduction..i was shock to see someone tailgate me so closely can see clearly a CB aunty face.. KNN very gian peng..After reading this thread.. i knw wad to do liao..

maybe overparked there for weeks/months. [laugh]

• Praise 1

maybe overparked there for weeks/months. [laugh]

If park for weeks/months, then it is worth it to tailgate ahahhaha.

Anyway this kind of thing is common la. that is why, u see amk hub basement carpark, always got secruity guard looking around for tailgater.

I was at Expo last Wednesday (6/1) and left at 6:20pm. This Camry (attached) tailgate my back at the exit gantry and gotten his free parking.

To test if the parking mgt really chap about these act, I wrote to the Expo mgt.

Below is the extract of their repy:

Thank you for sending us the details of the tailgating incident at Singapore Expo.

We regret that we are unable to pursue this with the errant driver as our system needs his IU number to check if he had paid or not paid carpark charges. It is also not in our jurisdiction to pursue charges against this deliberate act.

We are glad that this incident did not cause you any harm and we hope this will not deter you from visiting Singapore Expo in the future.

So my question is, are those ERP carpark exit signs saying tailgater will be handed over to the police for real?

Those drivers who tailgate to avoid paying parking charges r a real menace n hazard to others. Sometimes ty hit e barrier causing damage.

I guess ty feel e parking chgs too high but then ty sud not park there in e 1st place.

Usually there is a person deployed there and/or covered by a cctv camera.

If ty damage e barrier ty wil b asked to pay or legal action wil b taken usually by e mgmt ins co. but its quite hard to catch them n if ty get away once ty usually wil try again.

If i see a car tailgate me at e entry/exit barrier either i go very slow or very fast to give e barrier time to close on e idiot.

These cheepos get me mad cos ty might hit my car when trying such antics.

But what to do cos there wil always b idiots wherever we go.

I wonder what is their CCTV for?

anyway, to pursue a few dollars of parking fee is a waste of manpower & time.

next time I will surely move off super slowly.

I also notice nowadays they put a lot of humps to prevent this.

Sometimes e tailgater follow so close e cctv cannot capture e no. plate even.

Putting humps helps prevent tailgating.

a simple way is to do double barrier. no need cctv or security guard stand there

1 in front and 1 behind the car that is going to exit.

the barrier behind wont open until the front barrier has closed,.

Some idiots wil hit e barrier n cause it to bend or break.

Those barrier arms not cheap hor.

Maybe they should install as many humps BEFORE the barrrier, aka one car length before the barrier.

This way the exiting car can smoothly exit without any annoying humps.

The following car will have to accelerate thru a few humps, maybe 4-5 humps which will be uncomfortable.

I forsee a new type of exit system. Double barriers, where the waiting car behind has a extra barrier that will prevent it from going too near to the front car.

Additional barriers increase e cost of e system n these charges need to b passed on to motorists as higher parking charges.

Turbocharged

i experienced worse. was riding bike. entered psa bldg at tg pagar. it's free parking for bikes for the 1st hr. so when i was exit barrier, jus when the barrier opened n i wanted to move off, 1 idiot biker jus rode pass causing the barrier to close. lucky i managed to stop n didnt hit the barrier. but then i cant move out. had to wait for another biker to exit n we moved out together.

saw the idiot at the traffic n had some nice words exchanged with him.