• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
326 replies to this topic | 8 praises

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

looking forward to my new car...
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Shin-kyo
  • Shin-kyo
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

congrats on your new ride bro. thumbsup.gif

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Berncsp76
  • Premium member
    Berncsp76
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

congrats bro on your new ride...

btw how much you pay for it?trade in your sunny? so you to top up how much? biggrin.gif

I am the XMM TIKO RANGER!

Success is a journey...not a destination - Steven Gerrard

Dare we dream...YNWA!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Drive_carcar
  • Drive_carcar
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

Bro... congrads on your car.... and it's a manual! Well done!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i paid 48k for the Avante manual...

for the 3k saving... 1k for the price different between Avante and Forte... another 2k from the old car trade in price...

wat puzzle me is why hyundai sale can give me that fig but kia sale cant... conclusion is kia side is earning more from my old sunny...

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

Powerkeong
  • Premium member
    Powerkeong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Welcome to the Hyundai family. I know a lot of people are biased against Korean cars but Hyundai is improving and are meant for practical ppl like us. Ima driving a Hyundai Verna now. Intend to change to Hyundai i30 when my current car reaches 5yrs old~ laugh.gif laugh.gif

Once you got your ride, u can go to Club Hyundai > Avante Club. They have a very large members inside there. U can learn how to mod your car nicely from them. I seen my super chio one at Avante Club..

Hyundai Verna 1.6A (Aug 08 - Oct 13)
Honda Civic 1.8A (Oct 13 -    )

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

Mivec9
  • Mivec9
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

enjoy your new ride and new leather's smell! sunny.gif drivingcar.gif
Nuvi with MSM NT 2011.40|Ralliart 15" |Alpine 9886|Alpine 4 channel Amp| 12" JBL Sub|Db Polk Audio Compo|Plasma Xenon|Osram Silverstar|Pivot VS|Stebel Magnum II|Front Strut Bar|Amaron PRO|Simota SS|

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ya man... test the auto but jus didnt like the feeling... i being driving manual for coming 7 years... so i feel more at hm in a manual car... plus the feeling of pull from the manual is so much better... of course traffic jam cry...

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

humble to say that i am one of those bias people... till i tested the avante... its so quiet inside and the engine and gear is all so smooth... i am immd impressed...

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Grats on ur new ride!
Visit our one-stop bulbstore at the sponsor's thread.!!!!

Tons of pictures added.(page 27)
Go to last page for new products.

New DRLs are in.--->
http://www.mycarforu...o...2970&st=580
Pg29 for installed pics.

---------------------------

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

Help1
  • Premium member
    Help1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

did Komoco mention anything abt the 2011 Avante model?

Edited by Help1, 14 January 2010 - 10:18 PM.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

Jimcheam
  • Jimcheam
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Welcome the the club bro...if you have time drop by at the fornightly MU.
Check out http://www.clubhyundai.org/ for more details.
btw i am also driving a Avante (manual)
It is a nice car..but honestly i am disappointed abt its FC..the auto version can also achieve close to it..
I m getting abt 11.5-12km per litre..

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Busybody
  • Busybody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Khimwoon,

I've driven the Forte Manual, but not Avante. And like you, I'm considering only Manual cars.

Do you think you could share with us if Avante has better pickup? a smoother manual gear box? and quieter? Thanks

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Congrats on your new ride! thumbsup.gif
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i personally felt... butt feel... avante pick up is better... and the ride smoother... my friend sitting behind also commented the avante feel smoother... i also felt the gear change much more satisfying compared to forte... so much so its near to the civic manual smooth... the best manual box i driven is still the civic... jus love it... but too bad off my budget

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Khimwoon
  • Khimwoon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i knew abt the 2011 avante... but due to the rapid depreciation of my sunny... i couldnt afford to wait longer... another reason i choose i buy avante now is becos its tested and proven... like my sunny... i need a car that doesnt go into the workshop every now and then

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

congrats on your new ride.

my colleague is driving an avante manual too

its silky smooth.

problem free.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i knew abt the 2011 avante... but due to the rapid depreciation of my sunny... i couldnt afford to wait longer... another reason i choose i buy avante now is becos its tested and proven... like my sunny... i need a car that doesnt go into the workshop every now and then

You shouldn't need to worry much about reliability.
My getz is 5 yrs old and it hasn't been to the workshop except for replacment of wear and tear items like belts, oils and fluids. I have no plans to change the car, but to drive it to 10 yrs. biggrin.gif

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hey.. the steering is progressive. Light during low speed and will become heavier as your speed increases. If you still find it too light, just ask KMC to change the steering to EURO setting during your first servicing. It's free hoh...
Be responsible, practice safe driving, practice safe sex

Getz: May'04-Feb'08, Avante: Feb'08

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Busybody
  • Busybody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the update, appreciate it. Hope you have fun with the car, congrats!

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Finally, bought, ride, Hyundai and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users