Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

Neutral Newbie

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

looking forward to my new car...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

Bro... congrads on your car.... and it's a manual! Well done!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i paid 48k for the Avante manual...

for the 3k saving... 1k for the price different between Avante and Forte... another 2k from the old car trade in price...

wat puzzle me is why hyundai sale can give me that fig but kia sale cant... conclusion is kia side is earning more from my old sunny...

Welcome to the Hyundai family. I know a lot of people are biased against Korean cars but Hyundai is improving and are meant for practical ppl like us. Ima driving a Hyundai Verna now. Intend to change to Hyundai i30 when my current car reaches 5yrs old~ [laugh][laugh]

Once you got your ride, u can go to Club Hyundai > Avante Club. They have a very large members inside there. U can learn how to mod your car nicely from them. I seen my super chio one at Avante Club..

Neutral Newbie

ya man... test the auto but jus didnt like the feeling... i being driving manual for coming 7 years... so i feel more at hm in a manual car... plus the feeling of pull from the manual is so much better... of course traffic jam cry...

Neutral Newbie

humble to say that i am one of those bias people... till i tested the avante... its so quiet inside and the engine and gear is all so smooth... i am immd impressed...

Neutral Newbie

Welcome the the club bro...if you have time drop by at the fornightly MU.

Check out http://www.clubhyundai.org/ for more details.

btw i am also driving a Avante (manual)

It is a nice car..but honestly i am disappointed abt its FC..the auto version can also achieve close to it..

I m getting abt 11.5-12km per litre..

Hi Khimwoon,

I've driven the Forte Manual, but not Avante. And like you, I'm considering only Manual cars.

Do you think you could share with us if Avante has better pickup? a smoother manual gear box? and quieter? Thanks

Congrats on your new ride! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

i personally felt... butt feel... avante pick up is better... and the ride smoother... my friend sitting behind also commented the avante feel smoother... i also felt the gear change much more satisfying compared to forte... so much so its near to the civic manual smooth... the best manual box i driven is still the civic... jus love it... but too bad off my budget

Neutral Newbie

i knew abt the 2011 avante... but due to the rapid depreciation of my sunny... i couldnt afford to wait longer... another reason i choose i buy avante now is becos its tested and proven... like my sunny... i need a car that doesnt go into the workshop every now and then

i knew abt the 2011 avante... but due to the rapid depreciation of my sunny... i couldnt afford to wait longer... another reason i choose i buy avante now is becos its tested and proven... like my sunny... i need a car that doesnt go into the workshop every now and then

You shouldn't need to worry much about reliability.

My getz is 5 yrs old and it hasn't been to the workshop except for replacment of wear and tear items like belts, oils and fluids. I have no plans to change the car, but to drive it to 10 yrs. :D

↡ Advertisement