Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

surprised got ppl buy avante now when the new one is coming soon. they will prob have discount for the old (current) model and u also have option to buy the new one (if the price is not too much higher).

Still dun know the exact date of the new avante launching here lah. And it is better to buy the current avante than the new avante, cos current model shld be free of problem. Whereas new model usually there will be problems lah. Also the new avante shld be quite ex!

↡ Advertisement

Still dun know the exact date of the new avante launching here lah. And it is better to buy the current avante than the new avante, cos current model shld be free of problem. Whereas new model usually there will be problems lah. Also the new avante shld be quite ex!

Current avante selling at 78K [knife] Top up few K can have better choice.

Neutral Newbie

Current avante selling at 78K [knife] Top up few K can have better choice.

Hope the New Avante will remain at the same price then it will be the better choice without having to top up [laugh]

Hope the New Avante will remain at the same price then it will be the better choice without having to top up [laugh]

i went to komoco sometime in june when got a bit of news about new avante coming out. I asked the salesgirl there, she said new avante will be more ex than current one. it's going to be like how the i45 is a lot more ex (comparable to current jap car pricing) because of the 6 speed engine and other stuff. i would say u should probably expect the price to be about a honda civic now? prob $80k for the basic model.

i went to komoco sometime in june when got a bit of news about new avante coming out. I asked the salesgirl there, she said new avante will be more ex than current one. it's going to be like how the i45 is a lot more ex (comparable to current jap car pricing) because of the 6 speed engine and other stuff. i would say u should probably expect the price to be about a honda civic now? prob $80k for the basic model.

Honda civic is selling at $123800 now...

no way the new avante would be priced that high...

maybe u looking at the price of altis, mazda 3 etc...

80k would be ok, a freaking 1.6 Honda civic cost a whopping 100k now:)

Neutral Newbie

How's the performance of avante FM radio reception? good?

The external antenna is fixed one or can be auto-extend?

[laugh] first time i heard people asking for the radio recept...., seriously, in a small island like singapore, how bad can the recept be?... [:p]

I think its fixed one. Must pull out yourself. I drove avante for 1 year plus trying to find out if got switch or not. Though I use USB listen to my songs.

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro...thanks for sharing.

I saw some car owners install the BOSCH reception inside their cars (stick on the windscreen), that's why wonder what's that for..... :D

I sold my avante a couple of months back. No doubt it's a good car but i find the brakes are weak.

I was in a taxi when the driver could not stop the sonata even though he had stepped on the brakes fully at less than 60 km/h.

Thank god it didnt happen to me.

I sold my avante a couple of months back. No doubt it's a good car but i find the brakes are weak.

I was in a taxi when the driver could not stop the sonata even though he had stepped on the brakes fully at less than 60 km/h.

Thank god it didnt happen to me.

MAjority of taxi drivers dun maintain their taxis, last nov, i took one (toyota made) along YCK road, taxi uncle unable to brake in time and eventually stop in the middle of the junction. your perception of korean car has weaker brakes is wrong. I drove my SIL avante, the brake is excellent.

MAjority of taxi drivers dun maintain their taxis, last nov, i took one (toyota made) along YCK road, taxi uncle unable to brake in time and eventually stop in the middle of the junction. your perception of korean car has weaker brakes is wrong. I drove my SIL avante, the brake is excellent.

I agree totally. I wonder why people will say that Avante brakes are weak. I once drove a car with disc-drum setup, no ABS, no what ever electronic brake distribution, the braking power solely depends on one leg muscle and brake pads, those are what I call lack of braking power. Modern car these days if use on normal roads are never weak, in fact, I appreciate Avante's brake very much because it brakes effortlessly and thanks to ABS, the brakes are so much safer. It is the way the driver drive the car and judge the distance that is giving the problem, not the car.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Correct lo, poor maintenance of brake and brake pads, the car confirm wld not stop well. [rolleyes] Nothing to do with which make/model.

Hey bro...thanks for sharing.

I saw some car owners install the BOSCH reception inside their cars (stick on the windscreen), that's why wonder what's that for..... :D

The Bosch one comes installed with the car. The external antenna on the car is not used if I'm not wrong. Bought my Avante in July 2009.

Errr, taxis are maintained by the taxi companies, all the drivers have to do is to send the cars in when they are due for servicing. They do not pay for servicing

Errr, taxis are maintained by the taxi companies, all the drivers have to do is to send the cars in when they are due for servicing. They do not pay for servicing

they do pay for the servicing, in a way, the loss of income for that duration in servicing.. might be a few tenth or twenty dollars but able to let them pump their petrol for their shift.

↡ Advertisement