Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

Neutral Newbie

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

looking forward to my new car...

Congrats. But i dont know about the reliability though. Japan made is still the better choice.

Why don't you go for Japanese?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai is cheapskate car la. :D Esp avante. Saw so many avante driven by chrapskate pple.but their behavior is like "I'm driving a luxury"car . Haha cmi.

Although there are some thruths but you are too direct. You can hurt people's feelings.

Bad boy!

Different car for different level.... I also plan to get one(avante) too.

Will the price goes up or come down on the coming COE?

Hope it come down.....please (pray)

considered japanese too, but u must compare apple to apple..

Vios is never meant to compare to avante.. its like asking a third tier team to beat a EPL team....

Like Swansea trying to meat man utd... wrong specs comparison liao..

I compared avante to altis to lancer to latio to sx4....

auto do consume more fuel... hope my manual avante do better hahaha

congrats to TS for your new ride. i personally like the avante design. but personally i would prefer the i30 after i test drive both of them. sorry [:p] coz i like the interior la

the SE at kia really cannot make it the last time i went there too... they keep pressuring me to commit to buy their car.

i personally feel korean cars will overtake jap cars very soon... jap cars are just too complacent.. juz my 2 cents worth

considered japanese too, but u must compare apple to apple..

Vios is never meant to compare to avante.. its like asking a third tier team to beat a EPL team....

Like Swansea trying to meat man utd... wrong specs comparison liao..

I compared avante to altis to lancer to latio to sx4....

1.6litre compare to 1.5 of course , you don't see them using aveo or matrix to compare right? People here are comparing it on different classes, you don't see them compare their rides to Allion or Civics , neither do you see them comparing their 2.0 litre koups to Intergra or S2000 don't you ?

Neither do you see them comparing sonatas to mark X or lexus or teana don't you ? What is value for money ? A Korean bread and butter car would only appeal to me when i only have enough money and not more , if i have more money i do not think i would consider a Korean make.

I can't see how mature the people bashing the other fellow are when they can't even recognize this fact they are comparing a budget car to a mid sized sedan , since a car that is above that range might be out of their budgets.

Edited by CH_CO

I don't know whats up with KIA SE but they seem not to be interested in potential sales..twice I went to the showroom on weekdays 3-4pm and the whole bunch was happily chatting and ignoring all the walk-in customers..needless to say I left without anyone serving me..

That my friend is the working attitude of most Service staff in Singapore, esp AD SEs.

During bad times, they service you good good (but you can see their fake faces), Good times, they Chap Siow us.

Spore Service standards still a long way to go. really CMI.

Glad you didn't buy.

We should buy things not only price but service is very important.

The trouble is many Sporeans are so sucked up to buy cheap prices, they have to be humiliated.

A Car is the 2nd most expensive item. We deserve better treatment.

To KIA SEs here, be nice OK ?

Hyundai is cheapskate car la. :D Esp avante. Saw so many avante driven by chrapskate pple.but their behavior is like "I'm driving a luxury"car . Haha cmi.

Wah just join MCF so Ya Ya Papaya ?

If you surely see those Avante drivers with "I'm driving a Luxury Car" - Pls go to IMH to check-up. You might be sufferring from Schizophrenia.

You are seeing things...

Economist magazine two issue ago had an article on why Toyota has deteriorated

Fortune magazine this issue give a very good insight why Hyundai group (including Kia) has arrived.

The Hyundai group are now taking on the German group with their new "Equus"

Hyundai group has a high tech "Ops room" that monitor their logistic and operation world wide, very interesting read.

Hi TS,

Is yours the latest 2010 facelift model?

According to the SE i spoke to, he mentioned that all the current batch of Avante are 2010 Facelift model.

I just place my order last sunday and was curious whether am i cheated because i was told it is a 2010 Facelift model!

Hello, are u even of the age to drive yet??

↡ Advertisement