Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

One of the reasons of taking the 10 yrs loan because it is abit cheaper in paying the loan every month.

So not so taxing to my pocket.

I love to pay by 7 years by at this point of time cannot affort higher monthly repayingfigher than $450.00

Not forgetting, petrol price is getting expansive so any additional cash will be used to pay the the petrol

Enjoy it. I sat on my fren's Avante and found it very well built. The Koreans have arrived.

↡ Advertisement

Once u buy a korean make , dont even think abt resale value [wave]

Even MIJ Jap cars also no resale value. The only way to have good resale value is COE shoots up to >50K. Then, u pick up cow's balls liao.

bro, jus be careful with your finances

sounds like you are cutting it quite thin liao ...

a car is a want, not a need.

cheers!

One of the reasons of taking the 10 yrs loan because it is abit cheaper in paying the loan every month.

So not so taxing to my pocket.

I love to pay by 7 years by at this point of time cannot affort higher monthly repayingfigher than $450.00

Not forgetting, petrol price is getting expansive so any additional cash will be used to pay the the petrol

Am I a sucker ???

Hyundai SE are given the following freebies :

1) Leather Seat

2) Solar Film

3) Floor Mat

4) Door Guard

Are all the above the common freebies or should I request for MORE ... so are the other freebies I must ask for ...

Leather seat nowadays is synthetic leather. But actually better than Pure leather - easy maintenance.

The rest are nothing special. Got Sports RIM ? then OK already.

If only you change last year - Avante only 39,999...

Being scouting ard the market to look for a replacement vehicle for my 5 years old nissan sunny... due to other financial commitment... finally settled for a car less than 50k.... Hyundai Avante and Kia Forte come to my mind... both is sedan cos i needed the boot and both fit my budget...

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Hyundai Avante... the friendly SE is able to give me an excellent package... test drive is positive as i love how to car handle and the pickup is decent... so much better than my sunny... the manual gear box is butter smooth... but not honda smooth... and its a simple no frill design... for the same manual car... i saved 3k compared to forte... but the electric steering is way too light... but the SE mentioned that it can be tuned heavier... weird... Avante had been ard for quite some time... and most prob had been iron out... i needed a strong reliable car... confirmed coe and delivery of car before cny also sealed the deal...

looking forward to my new car...

Well done.

Good choice.

Enjoy the new car smell

Why buy a new car if your finances is tight ?? Just keep your old car lor. Since the outstanding is just 13k you can always get the bank to restructure the deal to a longer period.

Anyway , to me it is financially not prudent to buy a new car given your scenario , by extending your loans amount for a new car , you are eating your own wealth away.

Edited by CH_CO

aiyah...i'm sure he has done his sums. i really don understand. y is it dat when ppl change car with over-trade, or taking higher loan, take 10yrs loan, others r saying they r stretching it too tight? i'm sure after owning a car for a few yrs TS know how much more he can afford.

jus let him enjoy his ride n not tink too much into the purchase la.

yea.. TS please enjoy your ride.

the smell of new leather really shoik one!

as long as you are comfortable den i guess its ok.

Why buy a new car if your finances is tight ?? Just keep your old car lor. Since the outstanding is just 13k you can always get the bank to restructure the deal to a longer period.

Anyway , to me it is financially not prudent to buy a new car given your scenario , by extending your loans amount for a new car , you are eating your own wealth away.

he actually said the car already 5yrs old problems start to surface already

I know but i think it is still cheaper than adding on 30+k of debt right? Anyway as long as TS knows what he is doing , anyway congrats , enjoy the smell of a new car!

Hope i don't get more work. Am expecting increased workload ahead after CNY

Edited by CH_CO

I know but i think it is still cheaper than adding on 30+k of debt right? Anyway as long as TS knows what he is doing.

Hope i don't get more work. Am expecting increased workload ahead after CNY

oh... same same.... i was told prolly 2nd day of CNY must come back office liao

Congrat on the new ride.

The decision you make at that point is the best decision you can make .

Just stick to it.

Edited by GoodCar

Helo bro,

You didn't take in his Vios trade-in of $24K???

Trade in only $24K. most car dealers are selling similar car for $29K

its 53999-24000+13000=42999

So if they take in my Sunny at 28k, my os loan is 30k, therefore 53999-28000+2000 = 27999??

Edited by Yr1985

i heard its not good to secure an Open cat coe...can someone explain why?

COEs bid in the Categories A, B and D are valid for 6 months, while COEs in Categories C and E are valid for 3 months ("Temporary COE").

If the Temporary COE (TCOE) successfully bid for the registration of vehicle is not utilised by its expiry date, the TCOE will lapse and its bid deposit will be forfeited.

The Value of the Cat E COE worth will follow that of the Cat A COE during the same period of bid.

The only "not good", I guess will be the validity period. [;)]

So if they take in my Sunny at 28k, my os loan is 30k, therefore 53999-28000+2000 = 27999??

no...

its 53999-28000+30000

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,I'm new in here..I'm having a maroon Hyundai Avante which i would like to sell for SGD 10k nego & monthly installment will be @ $474..

This car comes w a spoiler as well..This car is only about 3 years old only & is a weekend plate..I'm selling it away due as I'v 4 car still w me..

Those whore interested to view the car pls email me at [email protected] or reply this post here ya :)

post-62245-1263963985_thumb.jpg

post-62245-1263964030_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fdcs
↡ Advertisement