Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

(edited)

AWD is All Wheel Drive. So if they car has 6 wheels, all are driven.

Unlike 4WD which can only have max 4 wheels driven ðððð

Jokes aside.. they work on the same principle isn't it?

Different principle, the article DACH kor posted will provide a better explanation.

Any person who takes his subaru or Audi quattro to extreme off roading will shortened its drivetrain lifespan.

AWD is just there to provide more grip on paved bitumen roads when needed or on wet bitumen roads.

toyqmr5.gif

The path taken by each wheel isn't the same and hence it is best that all wheels move at different speed, this is where AWD comes to play

Edited by Lchong
↡ Advertisement

Different principle, the article DACH kor posted will provide a better explanation.

Any person who takes his subaru or Audi quattro to extreme off roading will shortened its drivetrain lifespan.

AWD is just there to provide more grip on paved bitumen roads when needed or on wet bitumen roads.

Wow @DACH kor kor

I shd call him @DACH didi

• Praise 1

Hello, im quite keen to get the sportback with s line bodykit. But the sales told me need to indent and the wait time is about 5mth.

Any option to do outside? Rear diffuser, front lip, side skirts?

Hello, im quite keen to get the sportback with s line bodykit. But the sales told me need to indent and the wait time is about 5mth.

Any option to do outside? Rear diffuser, front lip, side skirts?

It's cheaper to do bodykit outside. You can try Audikit at AutoBay @Kaki Bukit.

(edited)

toyqmr5.gif

The path taken by each wheel isn't the same and hence it is best that all wheels move at different speed, this is where AWD comes to play

AWD for off road (4x4,6x6,8x8) also allows some slip between the wheels during normal driving, unless the differential lock is activated to force all wheels to move at the same speed to get out of tricky situation.

Just like I heard over the Chinese radio saying that the word Durian comes from 流连忘返。

Don't believe every thing on the internet, many articles are written by half baked amateurs.

what's so great about quattro? how is it different from AWD from subaru?

I have nv driven an AWD, to be frank

Am into second AWD, frankly no diff for me in day to day driving. Same corner, same speed whether AWD or FWD. Except it always feel strange when doing U-turn like some vibration.

It is all marketing hype unless you chiong wet corners 100 percent of the time.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

Wah tis kind of price u can accept?

Haha

Really super ex just for rear diffuser and side skirt

hi,

do u know of other alternative? i checked with 2 shops and this is the cheaper choice.

What should be the price range? I'm new to this

hi,

do u know of other alternative? i checked with 2 shops and this is the cheaper choice.

What should be the price range? I'm new to this

PM-ed u

Hi all,

Can I seek your help on the latest a5 2.0?

I have been driving the passat cc 2010 model for a few years, and the gear box has been giving me so much problem and money spent.

I will like to know if there are any major issues so far with the 2017 model of A5 SB?

I'm currently closing in on the A5 SB from another owner

20 hours ago, Midorima said:

If the torque is more than 250nm, which I think it is, then is wet. 

Thanks...

my colleague and I had a conversation on the difference bt VW and Audi 7 speed dual clutch GB...searched the wiki ended up both more confused...

What about these two...should be wet as well? Exact same drivetrain DQ3xx or DQ5xx? 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=853224

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=837856

the 1.0 A1 should be dry type then. 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=839191

↡ Advertisement