How to trace owner from vehicle registration number?

Beehive3783

He did give me his IC number, but it turns out that it's one number short. So now, the only accurate particulars I have on him is the vehicle number and his cellphone number.

As per my explanation above, I wanted to exchange particulars with him right after the accident but he refused to produce his IC, saying he would only show his IC to police officers. So I just wrote down what he told me verbally. And his name magically changed, from Goh to Pang when I called him yesterday.

I also want to close off this thing and move on, but he's not cooperating.. this kind of ba5tard driver really headache.

He did give me his IC number, but it turns out that it's one number short. So now, the only accurate particulars I have on him is the vehicle number and his cellphone number.

As per my explanation above, I wanted to exchange particulars with him right after the accident but he refused to produce his IC, saying he would only show his IC to police officers. So I just wrote down what he told me verbally. And his name magically changed, from Goh to Pang when I called him yesterday.

I also want to close off this thing and move on, but he's not cooperating.. this kind of ba5tard driver really headache.

were u the one of youtube??? :wacko:

ok will keep a look out. Any findings, will post up here.

Who knows the lorry might be one of our neighbours.

I have already checked with HDB and URA season parking renewal, the vehicle number is not in their records.

And I just checked with EDDIES, there is a summons of $70, but I can't see the details of the offence. Not much use I guess.

Actually, with the vehicle number is it possible to trace the company the lorry is registered under?

I'm not sure about this. If it is possible, it will be something new to me.

report the veh number to insurance company... i'm sure the insurance company can trace the owner...

you see, this is what screwed me over. I reported the accident to my former insurer, now my current insurer says they have to hold my NCD because the case is not closed yet. I need to find the driver and get him to sign the private settlement agreement to close off the case and get my NCD back.

just asking hah cos theres a video 1 guy arguing with a lorry driver over an accident the lorry dowan give the ic cos he say only mata got the right to take his IC...

chill =)

just asking hah cos theres a video 1 guy arguing with a lorry driver over an accident the lorry dowan give the ic cos he say only mata got the right to take his IC...

chill =)

oh... hahaha.. is it? who was recording? the lorry driver or the car driver?

no worries i'm cool here..

3rd party? The lorry passenger? What car was in the video?

You know, i can't help being curious, so please satisfy my curiosity.. I can't watch youtube in office..

3rd party? The lorry passenger? What car was in the video?

You know, i can't help being curious, so please satisfy my curiosity.. I can't watch youtube in office..

eh quite i think like some time back cant really rem it was some person by the roadside i guess... the lorry driver was a little kuai lan... but if urs not in the night ur safe! cos i think was a night scene.

eh quite i think like some time back cant really rem it was some person by the roadside i guess... the lorry driver was a little kuai lan... but if urs not in the night ur safe! cos i think was a night scene.

Mine was in the evening.. 6.30pm. it could be some kaypo at the bus stop. Could you PM me the link to the video please. I will go and watch it tonight. Thanks.

I have already checked with HDB and URA season parking renewal, the vehicle number is not in their records.

And I just checked with EDDIES, there is a summons of $70, but I can't see the details of the offence. Not much use I guess.

You did not provide any vehicle numbers if not I may be able to help you privately. A hint to you since its a goods vehicle, most probably its parked for free outside his factories.. look out for free parking in those industrial estates from 9pm-6am

You did not provide any vehicle numbers if not I may be able to help you privately. A hint to you since its a goods vehicle, most probably its parked for free outside his factories.. look out for free parking in those industrial estates from 9pm-6am

I did, it's in post #16. Anyway, the number is below:

Vehicle No.: YJ6751C

And I will really appreciate any help you can render. Thanks!

sigh ... tink AA advise all drivers to have ready pte settlement template on paper in car ... just in case .. on spot write and sign

↡ Advertisement