Extended Warranty- Toyota Shield

Went for 60K servicing yesterday at BM and as I was collecting my vehicle after servicing, was issued with a servicing chit indicating that in order to enjoy the extended warranty for another 2 years, I have to come back to them for servicing every 10,000 km or 6 mths. If not, they will not warranty the parts during the extended warranty.

When I bought the extended warranty (Toyota Shield, paid $500+) in 2006, was not told of regular servicing at AD to enjoy the extended warranty period. Now its seem that I have to stick to them for another 2 years.

I wrote this because I have to change my front disc brake pads next servicing and was informed that it will cost $345+ at BM for a pair (4 brake pads). I could have got it much cheaper outside.

So, should I change my front pair brake pad at outside workshop? [:(]

↡ Advertisement

from what i understand ur warranty condition is to service with them regularly only. never say you cannot go outside for parts or mods

changing brake pad should not be considered as 10k servicing, and can be done any time

so u can still service with them at every 10k or 6 months, and still keep your warranty, even though u prefer to change ur brake pads outside, or say u decide to go for aftermarket brake pads. just that u will have no warranty from BM for your aftermarket brake pads.

i am just assuming only, not sure if what i mention is correct or not

Went for 60K servicing yesterday at BM and as I was collecting my vehicle after servicing, was issued with a servicing chit indicating that in order to enjoy the extended warranty for another 2 years, I have to come back to them for servicing every 10,000 km or 6 mths. If not, they will not warranty the parts during the extended warranty.

When I bought the extended warranty (Toyota Shield, paid $500+) in 2006, was not told of regular servicing at AD to enjoy the extended warranty period. Now its seem that I have to stick to them for another 2 years.

I wrote this because I have to change my front disc brake pads next servicing and was informed that it will cost $345+ at BM for a pair (4 brake pads). I could have got it much cheaper outside.

So, should I change my front pair brake pad at outside workshop? [:(]

standard clauses.

extended warranty for toyota not very useful, their cars are simple and lack of technologies, nothing much will fail. that's the way toyota build their cars, simple, unsophiscated, lasting for years...

Borneo Motor's servicing charges are exhorbitant compared to other agents, and all of these for a simple car which just needs to change oil...

you can change ur brake pads outside, it won't void the warranty, as it's not part of the regular service, and they won't know...

standard clauses.

extended warranty for toyota not very useful, their cars are simple and lack of technologies, nothing much will fail. that's the way toyota build their cars, simple, unsophiscated, lasting for years...

Borneo Motor's servicing charges are exhorbitant compared to other agents, and all of these for a simple car which just needs to change oil...

you can change ur brake pads outside, it won't void the warranty, as it's not part of the regular service, and they won't know...

noted, thanks

[drivingcar][drivingcar]

yes, just go stockist buy original toyota pads and change, cheaper somemore and they wont know

Thanks ....... [wave]

btw, saw some white & blue paint markings (those paint in pen form) on those parts that had been changed in yesterday servicing..... Suspect that they make some kind of indication somehow..... [sly]

Thanks ....... [wave]

btw, saw some white & blue paint markings (those paint in pen form) on those parts that had been changed in yesterday servicing..... Suspect that they make some kind of indication somehow..... [sly]

i've automotive technician certificate although i don't work as one.

engineers leave these markings as checks, for example, after fixing a shaft together, and tightening to torque, they will leave a marking, if the joints moved (loosen) the markings will not be aligned. So a visual check at the next servicing will tell if anything has loosen.

anyone can draw the markings, and in different colors, but only well trained engineers do that, outside mechanics don't...

"When I bought the extended warranty (Toyota Shield, paid $500+) in 2006, was not told of regular servicing at AD to enjoy the extended warranty period. Now its seem that I have to stick to them for another 2 years"

As you mentioned above, you are not aware when you bought the extended warranty package in 2006, there is a chance where the service advisor might have mixed-up the newer package with yours. Trying reading the term n condition under your package.

Clarify with the service manager if required.

Edited by Patwong

"When I bought the extended warranty (Toyota Shield, paid $500+) in 2006, was not told of regular servicing at AD to enjoy the extended warranty period. Now its seem that I have to stick to them for another 2 years"

As you mentioned above, you are not aware when you bought the extended warranty package in 2006, there is a chance where the service advisor might have mixed-up the newer package with yours. Trying reading the term n condition under your package.

Clarify with the service manager if required.

Thanks, never thought of it. Will check after work....... [wave][wave]

wah so cunning one ah

after u change brake pads, draw same pattern as well , hahaaahaha

↡ Advertisement