• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
417 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just a question. What is the potential side effect for adding 2T oil, others than white smoke, oily exhaust tip etc.......
If this so good, why petrol company don't add it into the petrol as a additive.

every little additon is a cost to them....in motorbike world..it is know as 2T...may be petrol company do add something like this .we don;t know only mah...anyway...it is our test and personal opinion...if you not comfortable...just take it as a read lor

Edited by LoverofCar, 24 February 2010 - 10:08 AM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

every little additon is a cost to them....in motor world..it is know as 2T...may be they do add it...we don;t know only mah...anyway...it is our test and personal opinion...if you not comfortable...just take it as a read lor

I belong to the group of driver that dare to put in all type of additive into petrol or engine oil. wink.gif
Just want to know more from those who had try it.
Please update your FC data once you have it. Thanks. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I belong to the group of driver that dare to put in all type of additive into petrol or engine oil. wink.gif

I think one of the main concern when you put in any additive would be cat poisoning.

So selecting the right 2T would be important if you want to use it regularly.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if u r looking for a major improvement on the FC, then forget it.... for almost 1 month tracking on my FC, there is a marginal improvement but im not 100% sure bcos FC fluctuation is pretty common for a sales person like me... i will post some update later after a testing it a few more rounds. So far, I can only say that the improvement is not more than 7% ot 1km/L for my vios...

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am just looking for some futher improvement overall, more smooth engine, responsive etc.. FC is not so important since my car already has very good FC.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am just looking for some futher improvement overall, more smooth engine, responsive etc.. FC is not so important since my car already has very good FC.

OIC... then adding 2T could be a good choice for you....

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How is Motul easter base 2T oil? Price is not cheap. Saw it today selling at $24/L

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How is Motul easter base 2T oil? Price is not cheap. Saw it today selling at $24/L

Motul?? its one of the famous brand among the bikers.... think $24 is not really so ex for the brand. but undestand that Mutol 2T also comes in Syn n semi syn. May i know where did you found it?? Im interested if its a fully syn 2T.

at the ratio of 1:500 (im doing that now). 1L of 2T can mix with 500L of petrol, for my case, so long if the 2T is lesser than $30/bottle, my 6%+ improvement in FC can still cover the cost of the 2T. sorry if i sounds too calculative to u. My ultimate intention for 2T is to save $$$. if not worth of the saving, i wont even bother to try... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Motul?? its one of the famous brand among the bikers.... think $24 is not really so ex for the brand. but undestand that Mutol 2T also comes in Syn n semi syn. May i know where did you found it?? Im interested if its a fully syn 2T.

at the ratio of 1:500 (im doing that now). 1L of 2T can mix with 500L of petrol, for my case, so long if the 2T is lesser than $30/bottle, my 6%+ improvement in FC can still cover the cost of the 2T. sorry if i sounds too calculative to u. My ultimate intention for 2T is to save $$$. if not worth of the saving, i wont even bother to try... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, it is fully syn 2T. For semi-syn, If I remember correctly, price is around $17/L. They had quite a number of different 2T brand.
The shop I saw it is at the industrial building beside Sembawang 财神庙. Quite a big motorcycle service/sale shop, it occupy 3-4 unit.

Edited by Tohto, 26 February 2010 - 12:14 AM.

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:17 AM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, it is fully syn 2T. For semi-syn, If I remember correctly, price is around $17/L. They had quite a number of different 2T brand.
The shop I saw it is at the industrial building beside Sembawang 财神庙. Quite a big motorcycle service/sale shop, it occupy 3-4 unit.

sembawang?? thats great. Im stasying at Yishun. maybe i will go n take a look tomorrow.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

Kaieiru
  • Premium member
    Kaieiru
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any bro interested in getting semi syn 2t to try out can pm me. I've got about 10btls left over from last time when I was riding a 2 stroke bike.

5bux/btl only

brand is United...

a cheap way to test out this claims... wink.gif

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

Kaieiru
  • Premium member
    Kaieiru
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any bro interested in getting semi syn 2t to try out can pm me. I've got about 10btls left over from last time when I was riding a 2 stroke bike.

5bux/btl only

brand is United...

a cheap way to test out this claims... wink.gif

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anymore FR?

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Introz
  • Introz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

sembawang?? thats great. Im stasying at Yishun. maybe i will go n take a look tomorrow.

is the price still there? rolleyes.gif
psn id: intro82

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

is the price still there? rolleyes.gif

did go n find cos my friend got me 3 bottle of penzoil marine... TCW3 rated!!! phew... its so diff to find it in SG!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anymore FR?

Still montoring but after 1 over month of trial using 3 diff brand of 2T, i am quite sure that FC only improved marginally. The only significant improvement is the engine smoothness... now monitoring the penzoil marine 2T which is design for boat. 1st tank not really impressive...

Sorry to keep u guess waiting but i need few rounds of test using diff brand/ ratio to give a more realistic result...

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I had bought the Motul fully syn 2T oil. Will start using from next petrol top up..

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ok..after 3 tanks full testing, I conclude the car is running smoother then before. Idling the car, i find the car very much quieter...Today went for servicing and changed the spark plug and I had a good look at the condition....The spark plugs were swee swee...so it seem to me, my engine is very healthy now.......as for FC, don't really find too much improvement as tigershark mentioned too.....overall, I will still be using 2T for each top up....

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Okie, after 1.5months/ 5000km+ trial on my 2006 Vios (130K+ millage) with

1) Duckham 2T (Jaso FC rated), $112.50/L

tested it in 1:1000 ratio in the begining and can feel the smoothness of the engine once added, FC increase only by 2%+. Increase the dossage to 1: 800. Engine become very quiet and vibration on the engine vibration is reduce very much, FC increased by 2%+ as well... 3 round using 1:500 ratio, not much improvement on the engine smoothness and quietness... FC improved by more than 10% suddently due to changed in driving habbit during festive seasons so not accurate...

Remark: stop the test with 1 full tank before i continue with Castrol 2T.

2) Castrol 2T (Jaso FD rated), $17.50/L

Tested at 1:500 ratio, engine as quiet as Duckham 2T at same ratio. FC improved by slightly more at 5%+, increase the ratio further to 1:400 on the next tank of petrol and FC improved closed to 7%. Engine smoothness not improved, same as 1:500 ratio...

Stop 2 x 1/2 tank before i continue with Penzoil marine...

3) Penzoil Marine (TCW3 rated). RM18/L,

1st tank at 1:500 ratio, improvement only by marginal 3%. engine smoothness equivalent to Castrol & Duckham 2T at the same ratio. imcrease the dossage to 1:400 for 2 tanks and the FC improved to 5%+ for both tank.... engine smoothness and quietness remain the same as 1:500 ratio.

Spark plug... checked and inspected, no sign of foul or oil on the sparkplug.

Summary: Financially, it is feasible to add the 2T at 1:400 to 1:500 ratio so long your 2T doesnt cost you anything more than $20/L. The 2T added can improved the FC by slightly more than 5% on average. Jaso FD rated 2T seems to give a better result over TCW3 rated 2T. 2T obvious work very well as a upper cylinder lubricant and reduce the friction at the combustion chamber and provide a very significant improvement over engine smoothness and quiet ride...

for those who is looking for smoother engine, 1:800 ratio is sufficient.

I will continue to use the 2T at 1:500 ratio and will do a top overhaul on my Vios at around 200K+ millage. By then, i can take a look on my piston and comment if there is any negative effect using 2T as petrol additive.

Edited by Tigershark1976, 22 March 2010 - 04:38 PM.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

SIM37
  • SIM37
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Outstanding write up.

I've done almost at 0.8ml/liter to 1ml/liter ( gauge using cough mixture bottle). Slight improvements on FC. Using Caltex 2T synthetic.

Overall assessment, worth it! Have got better FC on swift and altis so far.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Mixing, into, petrol, tank

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users