Mixing 2T into petrol tank??

Tigershark1976

Acetone is a solvent use for 'Nail polish remover'.

suppose to be able to improve combustion when added to fuel... but if add to much fc will go up.

Twincharged

suppose to be able to improve combustion when added to fuel... but if add to much fc will go up.

Yes,i have also heard before,Youtube got a few clips,saying a bit of Acetone,actually better economy.

during my 2stroke bike pre-mix days... used castrol747... then motul... then rock oil... then tried to cut cost used duckhams and found it also very good...

Yeah man. Me too tried shell vsx, esso gold, motul, rock oil and castrol 2t for my 2 stroker bike last time. I stil prefer duckhams or penzoil marine the best.

Supersonic

i'm using putoline 959 now... it was very good then when i was riding... but seems the formula has changed...

IMHO... TCW3 rated 2T is good cause its designed for marine use, thus burns very clean... but it does not have as good additives as those racing 2Ts....

I just bought a bottle of MMO today to try. Maybe you might want to try this too after your experiment with 2T. :D

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/

At $8.80 for 16 oz at Esso Yishun, it is relatively cheap comparable to a good 2T price.

Seemed to have quite a bit of rave testimonies with BITOGers.

(edited)

i heard of this Marvel oil very long ago many years back... never used it then cause i read the label and realised can put in fuel... and also engine oil... so i was totally confused...

and then there were many lawsuits in the states against STP, Duralube, Slick 50,.... etc.. so i didnt have any confidence in US products...

$8.80 for 16oz (500ml)

dosage is 4oz for 10 gallons (40liters) of fuel...

so 1 usage is about 120ml for a full tank assuming your car is 40liters...

so $8.80 for 500ml Marvel oil can use 4 times...

2T (from less than $10 to $20... average good one abt $15) for 1000ml can use for 25times... every tank 40ml as per 1ml to 1 liter....

IMHO, 2T is manufactured soley to burn with petrol in the combustion chamber to provide lubrication...

Marvel oil yes claims this... but ALSO claim to be able to be put in the engine oil to remove varnish prevent sludge... which reminds me of 'engine flush'.... also the fact that marvel oil is very watery...

so to me... i choose 2T... :D

but thanks bro... no marvel oil for me...

Edited by Ken4555

I just bought a bottle of MMO today to try. Maybe you might want to try this too after your experiment with 2T. :D

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/

At $8.80 for 16 oz at Esso Yishun, it is relatively cheap comparable to a good 2T price.

Seemed to have quite a bit of rave testimonies with BITOGers.

Oh Marvel oil..... I believe it uses sulphur compounds as extreme pressure lubrication.

The clue was from the label. Read that its not suitable in states with some ultra low sulfur regulations (something like that). Thus I think it has something to do with sulfur.

I didn't use it because sulfur is a pollutant.

i heard of this Marvel oil very long ago many years back... never used it then cause i read the label and realised can put in fuel... and also engine oil... so i was totally confused...

and then there were many lawsuits in the states against STP, Duralube, Slick 50,.... etc.. so i didnt have any confidence in US products...

$8.80 for 16oz (500ml)

dosage is 4oz for 10 gallons (40liters) of fuel...

so 1 usage is about 120ml for a full tank assuming your car is 40liters...

so $8.80 for 500ml Marvel oil can use 4 times...

2T (from less than $10 to $20... average good one abt $15) for 1000ml can use for 25times... every tank 40ml as per 1ml to 1 liter....

IMHO, 2T is manufactured soley to burn with petrol in the combustion chamber to provide lubrication...

Marvel oil yes claims this... but ALSO claim to be able to be put in the engine oil to remove varnish prevent sludge... which reminds me of 'engine flush'.... also the fact that marvel oil is very watery...

so to me... i choose 2T... :D

but thanks bro... no marvel oil for me...

Yes man! 2T oil is still cheaper!

Wow, you guys simi oil also add ? [:p]

Anyone want to experiment using Veg oil? Veg oil works like diesel so by right, 40ml of Veg oil should be just fine.

Oh Marvel oil..... I believe it uses sulphur compounds as extreme pressure lubrication.

The clue was from the label. Read that its not suitable in states with some ultra low sulfur regulations (something like that). Thus I think it has something to do with sulfur.

I didn't use it because sulfur is a pollutant.

haha... everything that comes out of an exhaust is a pollutant... [laugh]

sulphur is found in Dieasel right?...

anyways 2T is the way to go!!! :D

This is a good thread.

Another good thread: YOU wouldnt put 2stroke oil in ur car right?....

YOU wouldn't put 2stroke oil in ur car right

Want to cross reference them, cos it is hard to search "2T" using the search function.....

2T works, period.

i started BOTH threads cause i wanted to know if there's any side effects of using 2T in cars... wanted to hear from those who wouldnt try and why...

I just read about this 2T oil and decide to try out as well. I went to those motorcycle shops at kelantan lane and bought a bottle of Castrol fully synthetic 2T oil. Added to my petrol tank at 1000:1 ratio.

Not bad, the car does feel slightly smoother to drive and engine more responsive. Its not a big difference but the improvement is definitely and not placebo effect.

Neutral Newbie

yes i agree. don't put stuff into fuel tanks. my service centre gave me free tablets. I threw them away!

i started BOTH threads cause i wanted to know if there's any side effects of using 2T in cars... wanted to hear from those who wouldnt try and why...

If you put too much. This is what I think will happen.

1. Carbon built up in combustion chamber

2. Sparking plugs fouling due to carbon accumulation.

3. Carbon accumulation at cat converter (not sure if 2T oil will affect cat but no reports about it affecting cat).

4. Throwing white fumes like motorbikes.

The only thing that may happen is 2T oil affecting cat converter (if you really bother about your cat converter). Cause from what I have seen and experienced, inspection centres are not exactly that strict about emissions from cars (more strict on diesel veh), thus even if you cat is affected by 2T oil, not much of an issue. No doubt cat cost alot to replace but why even bother about replacing it?

As for concerns like 2T oil unburnt. Its not going to happen because 2T oil has a very low flash point. Just throw a match onto 2T oil and it will catch fire (unlike 4T EO). Its meant to burn. Our exhaust temp is ~800C. If EO will ignite and burn.

If you put too much. This is what I think will happen.

1. Carbon built up in combustion chamber

2. Sparking plugs fouling due to carbon accumulation.

3. Carbon accumulation at cat converter (not sure if 2T oil will affect cat but no reports about it affecting cat).

4. Throwing white fumes like motorbikes.

The only thing that may happen is 2T oil affecting cat converter (if you really bother about your cat converter). Cause from what I have seen and experienced, inspection centres are not exactly that strict about emissions from cars (more strict on diesel veh), thus even if you cat is affected by 2T oil, not much of an issue. No doubt cat cost alot to replace but why even bother about replacing it?

As for concerns like 2T oil unburnt. Its not going to happen because 2T oil has a very low flash point. Just throw a match onto 2T oil and it will catch fire (unlike 4T EO). Its meant to burn. Our exhaust temp is ~800C. If EO will ignite and burn.

hello bro where you get your info sia?... almost anything will burn... but different temps... EO will burn... but at a higher temp than our normal engine can produce... 2T WILL NOT burn if you throw a match... who told you sia? i tried to burn 2T before with a lighter on the ground no it will not ignite... and to see smoke from the exhaust you will need about 1 liter of 2T into the car full tank... :wacko:

as for carbon built up and sparkplug fouling... 10ml to 10 liters of petrol... practically impossible to foul... carbon built up? not sure but the usual high rev will clear carbon as per normal... 2T has detergent effect also... that is if not overdosed...

as for cat... its not if you will pass or not... no cat also can pass if your car is in good condition... just that a clogged, choked cat will cause higher FC and lower the power for your car...

[:)] 2T rocks!!!

hello bro where you get your info sia?... almost anything will burn... but different temps... EO will burn... but at a higher temp than our normal engine can produce... 2T WILL NOT burn if you throw a match... who told you sia? i tried to burn 2T before with a lighter on the ground no it will not ignite... and to see smoke from the exhaust you will need about 1 liter of 2T into the car full tank... :wacko:

as for carbon built up and sparkplug fouling... 10ml to 10 liters of petrol... practically impossible to foul... carbon built up? not sure but the usual high rev will clear carbon as per normal... 2T has detergent effect also... that is if not overdosed...

as for cat... its not if you will pass or not... no cat also can pass if your car is in good condition... just that a clogged, choked cat will cause higher FC and lower the power for your car...

[:)] 2T rocks!!!

I did burn 2T oil by pouring a little 2T oil on the match and light it. It did light up but has a sooty flame. I think 2T oil cannot burn alone. Need another material to burn like lighter fluid.

I use 1000:1 ratio for my car. No problems so far.

↡ Advertisement