Kia Sorento 2010

Pentux

no one in hurry ah... hehe

haha i am in a hurry to see it on the road too even though i have not ordered one.

Do share some reviews on your new car once you get it ya?

Neutral Newbie

After the free service, where would you send your KIA for servicing then? Care to intro a reliable one as well?

If you don't service with agent for warranted period, they will contest any and all claims (be ready for them, they will come).

I have the older Sorento and its been serviced from new at C&C Lenki road and can't really recommend them (thinking of posting my bad experiences here somewhere) .

They keep very few if any Sorento parts. when my heater hose connector burst I had to go to hardware store myself to buy a brass T connector.

Ed.

Neutral Newbie

I am just comparing the 10K pricing, between EX & SX model, which are all around 2.4 litre range. 3.5 V6, I don't even dare to dream of [:p] FC

FYI Sorento 3.5V6 consumption is 12.5L/100km (8km/Lit) Mixed driving (town/city)

Ed.

Neutral Newbie

Seem like you are quite disappointed, is it with KIA or Sorento? Anyway, have you tried servicing at Ubi Service Centre before? I used to service at Ubi side last time. The servicing crew there seem quite good. Maybe you can try there, if you are not happy with the Leng Kee side? <_<

Neutral Newbie

Seem like you are quite disappointed, is it with KIA or Sorento? Anyway, have you tried servicing at Ubi Service Centre before? I used to service at Ubi side last time. The servicing crew there seem quite good. Maybe you can try there, if you are not happy with the Leng Kee side? <_<

KIA service is the problem, after servicing car there for years I find out they don't even know my Sorento is 4wd, never change transfer case oil or front diff oil, or grease propeller shaft joints - ever. I'm sure is same at same all agent service.

The only reason I notice is because I go under the car during first LTA inspection and noticed propeller shaft bolts loose with one almost fully out. they suposed to grease the joint, if they had, the loose bolts would have been noticed.

They then try to bluff me by pointing to workshop manual, but I look at cover, its the Sportage 2WD one LOL! In the end they show me one maintenance chart with no drive shaft lube requirement which they claim is for Sorento 4WD.

Because I'm onto their game plan, I got a screen capture off the KIA Global service web site through "back door" which shows must do every 20,000km! Chart also show must change fuel filter (also never do, and don't even have filter in stock), tighten chassis bolt (bolt never touched), exhaust and intake manifold tighten bolts ( i bet never do), and who knows what else.

Only after I write to head office in Korea, I get a new Prop shaft put in FOC.

If your Sorento is 4WD, better get a detailed service schedule off the web, don't expect to get manufacturer recommended service from them even though they have all the manuals there, they too busy pushing generic "Service Packs".

And that's not all folks. (there is more where that came from) Beware.

Meanwhile any suggestion for workshop for Sorento? KIA are hinting I'm not welcome there

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the patient in going thru the detail with us. Lucky the Sorento which we booked, are all FWD (just a normal SUV car). Guess it shouldn't be a problem for the Kia servicing centre, doing a normal servicing for a normal FWD car [:p]

Anyway, hope you will manage to find a good servicing workshop for your 4WD, other than the KIA ones. Good luck.

tink tat information is a bit too deep for me but glad tat someone share on his/her experience n i will make sure they do a proper job. anyway now the warranty is up to 5 years...the free servicing i forgot until how much for new cars...

i juz went to test drive again and was told that the shipment is here. congrats to those who ordered long ago.u shld be able to get it soon.

Neutral Newbie

That was really GOOD piece of news from you. Think many of us here are really desperately waiting for the car to arrive. Will start calling the car agent tomorrow [:p]

Thanks Anshng for informing us.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Anshng for the fantastic piece of good news! I'm sure all who have placed our orders can't wait to drive it on the road soon. Will post some reviews here in time to come.

Thank you Edouard for the detailed and in-depth account of your experience with the agent. Very useful background info for us new KIA users.

Thanks Anshng for the fantastic piece of good news! I'm sure all who have placed our orders can't wait to drive it on the road soon. Will post some reviews here in time to come.

Thank you Edouard for the detailed and in-depth account of your experience with the agent. Very useful background info for us new KIA users.

Hi Sunnygary, don't mention it. You have not heard from the SE abt the arrival of your ride?I can't wait for the review. did u pay 90K for the sx version?

if anyone order already but change their mind abt buying, can let me know =)

for the shipment that supposingly already arrived, is for those who booked the sorento much earlier?

if those booked within last 3 weeks.. still must wait for june shipment?

for the shipment that supposingly already arrived, is for those who booked the sorento much earlier?

if those booked within last 3 weeks.. still must wait for june shipment?

yeah, i would like to know as well. for those who booked recently, then the recent shipment to be arriving soon, does it apply for them? or recent booking still means june delivery.

i asked the S.E and she said new model, earliest is june :angry:

Neutral Newbie

ya. no news from my SE yet. will have to find out more from him soon. i booked just before jan this year, been waiting for shipment to arrive since. White SX, tan interior. yup. close to 90K.

Neutral Newbie

I booked my Silver SX in Feb.. was told I was the 2nd batch and the ETA is ard April/May.

But since the 1st batch which is suppose to deliver in March and now delayed.. I worried my ride will be delayed till June... [:(]

Anyway, really looking fwd to sit in my ride... [:p]

I had tested Tuson and Forester before my decision to book Sorento.

Tuson - all I can say is "good looks, no good to eat" [laugh] The ride comfort is really no where need Sorento.

Forester - powerful ride. I almost book it.. but what really turn me off is the interior.. it is really 80's.

And I figure I no longer a "boy racer", so power to me is secondary. What I need now is comfort and gadgets!! :D

For those whoz gona get their ride soon, please keep this post alive and share with us your experiences, problems, mods in here...

I got this Sorento accessories website from US http://www.customsrt.net/store/index.php?c...t=2a&page=1

Maybe we can do a group purchase in future!

Cheers!!

ya. no news from my SE yet. will have to find out more from him soon. i booked just before jan this year, been waiting for shipment to arrive since. White SX, tan interior. yup. close to 90K.

Wow nice!I love the tan leather. So yours is exactly the same as the one in the showroom. Good price secured!!Now 99999 already

↡ Advertisement