Kia Sorento 2010

Pentux

Neutral Newbie

Hi this is my 1st time post in this forum but i been follow closely the updated info in this thread becoz i booked mine on last year Christmas eve. :D BTW it seem most of the bro here booked the SX model.

Anyone out there have the EX model??

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yes, i've been hoping to have a white colour SUV for a while. had been seeing other SUVs on the road (Tiguan, Forester, GVitara, Vanguard, CX-7, Outlander) and when the Sorento finally came to singapore, i was quite taken by the price. plus I'm more a gadget person so those extras on the SX are really enticing. Initially was a bit surprised at the tan interior cos first impression is it sticks out like a sore thumb but after viewing it a few more times, decided to stay with it. (though it means harder work keeping it clean)

Has anyone gotten confirmed delivery dates? (i.e. when are you all collecting your cars?) MY SE says no date yet.

someone in my family just booked one, and as told by the S.E, it will only arrive during june/july shipment.

the shipment that is coming in soon, or already arrived (not sure), is for those who booked much earlier.

congratulations :D

wah suddenly so many replies...haha...anyway the ride is not here yet. i booked early jan new year period. SE today told me should be mid apr arrive. still need me to call n ask for update. haha..i have been bugging her every 2 weeks...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Pentux for the info. At least it confirms what my SE said. Only thing is the estimate he told me was end April. So still got to hang on. :(

wah suddenly so many replies...haha...anyway the ride is not here yet. i booked early jan new year period. SE today told me should be mid apr arrive. still need me to call n ask for update. haha..i have been bugging her every 2 weeks...

i told my S.E that i got worried after reading some koup reviews on sgcarmart about long delivery.. (go read them see see). she told me don't worry because if she doesnt deliver car on time, she won't get her commission too. dont know how true is this leh :mellow:

this is because we just booked a sorento and koup from her.

Neutral Newbie

I just checked with my SE today and she told me the 1st Shipment should be arrive on 31st this month. [mad]

So who is telling the truth? Maybe those who already booked the Sorento should check with their individual SE so that we can have the correct delivery date. [:p]

I just checked with my SE today and she told me the 1st Shipment should be arrive on 31st this month. [mad]

So who is telling the truth? Maybe those who already booked the Sorento should check with their individual SE so that we can have the correct delivery date. [:p]

I booked almost the same time as you, ie just b4 Christmas last year. Hope you can get yr ride soon as well!!!

My SE informed me yesterday that my ride has just arrived. Went down today to sign docs for registration, etc. Shd be getting my ride in a couple weeks' time, at most. [sunny][bounce1]

Cool. Why arrive already still need a couple of weeks to get the car ah??DO let us know first hand when you get the car ya?

Cool. Why arrive already still need a couple of weeks to get the car ah??DO let us know first hand when you get the car ya?

thanks. Cos unlike many bros here, I opted Ex model, but changing to mocha / tan leather, adding 3rd row A/C, n retaining my existing car plate. I anticpate that wud need 2 weeks at most.

Neutral Newbie

hi all, am new to this forum. Interesting stuff to read about the delayed deliveries etc, i booked mine in december 2009 too and been waiting since. Then came the big news by one of the posters in page 5 or 6 i believe, saying he saw the sorentos on delivery trucks (You're a savior!) , and finally we know Korea has not forgotten us here in Singapore.

You should check out the US Kia Forum; they're complaining that their "2 weeks delivery got delayed to 3 weeks" , i posted there that they should be so lucky; here we singaporeans are waiting 3-5 months for our rides easily :-)

Congratulations to the poster who went down for his paperwork and getting his ride soon, you may be one of the very first Sorento drivers on the road. Do post your personal review on the vehicle, it'll make for excellent reading for rest of us here still pining for our 7 seater :) Best wishes all.

hi all, am new to this forum. Interesting stuff to read about the delayed deliveries etc, i booked mine in december 2009 too and been waiting since. Then came the big news by one of the posters in page 5 or 6 i believe, saying he saw the sorentos on delivery trucks (You're a savior!) , and finally we know Korea has not forgotten us here in Singapore.

You should check out the US Kia Forum; they're complaining that their "2 weeks delivery got delayed to 3 weeks" , i posted there that they should be so lucky; here we singaporeans are waiting 3-5 months for our rides easily :-)

Congratulations to the poster who went down for his paperwork and getting his ride soon, you may be one of the very first Sorento drivers on the road. Do post your personal review on the vehicle, it'll make for excellent reading for rest of us here still pining for our 7 seater :) Best wishes all.

Thanks Divedarren & Anshng. I read your thread on the US Kia forum a few days ago, Divedarren.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Divedarren & Anshng. I read your thread on the US Kia forum a few days ago, Divedarren.

Hi Sgsorento, thanks.. :) they have that massive Georgia plant producing sorentos, that sure helps bump up the delivery time. Reckon soon we'll see more and more folks typing "i collected my car today" in this forum :-)

↡ Advertisement