SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40

Cwinedine

The manual stated 3.75L (Engine Oil with Filter).

Ok, about the same. Mine is 2.8L but mechanic said he poured in 3L. Guess it shouldn't be a problem if it's slightly over, been 1 week and engine hasn't exploded :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Beware of the promotion it's for japanese make vehicle only.

It's for Japanese n Korean cars as stated.

Mine is US aka Korean brand so need pay $10 for the OEM filter, or alternatively, I can bring my own filter. [bigcry]

Anyway, u can check with them 1st before u purchase the deal.

Seems like my aircon has become a lot colder after my servicing... is that a side effect? Lol...

Servicing or repair for the aircon? Which workshop u went and what's the damage?

Servicing or repair for the aircon? Which workshop u went and what's the damage?

Change engine oil only leh... don't know how it affected aircon...

Neutral Newbie

turtle oil good meh?

used once and never will use again...

1st 1000- 3000km - oil feel very thick, poor respond, FC suffer.

3000km-5000km - oil start to thin, behave like normal but then...

5000km-7000km - engine turn rough, engine oil start to burn/disappear, my dipstick start show the oil at very low level. Never did I see this low for all other oil I used before (e.g. mobile, Pennzoil, shell, lucas).

It cheap but the suffer in FC and early Oil change make it not worth..

dun shoot me, this is my honest review after 1 usage... cheers

The bottle stated MADE IN GERMANY [hur] is it the bottle Made In Germany? or the engine oil? any comments?

• Praise 1

The bottle stated MADE IN GERMANY [hur] is it the bottle Made In Germany? or the engine oil? any comments?

Nobody knows, but I didn't notice much difference after 1 month. IMO it's a cheap and usable engine oil, great if you wanna save a few bucks on your older car.

Neutral Newbie

Nobody knows, but I didn't notice much difference after 1 month. IMO it's a cheap and usable engine oil, great if you wanna save a few bucks on your older car.

Ya....so damm Cheap.....nowaday many brands of engine oil selling very cheap.....even Shell 5w40 also drop their price!

Can also save a few bucks on newer cars too?

Likely oil made in Germany suitable for their climate. [laugh]

New car must sayang a bit first, haha..

I got this because it so cheap... but not worth w the increase in FC n early oil change.

Like u mention get those shell that is on sale better.. like now giant selling $39.9 per bottle.

And again dun shoot me.. it just!y honest opinion :-)

Ya....so damm Cheap.....nowaday many brands of engine oil selling very cheap.....even Shell 5w40 also drop their price!

• Praise 1

I've used RRR for 12+k km without any problem. I've also used schnell and currently still have stock for the next change.

Btw, for those interested, now there are 1-litre botlles on promotion @ $4.90 at Giant Tampines. Go and grab it.

I've used RRR for 12+k km without any problem. I've also used schnell and currently still have stock for the next change.

Btw, for those interested, now there are 1-litre botlles on promotion @ $4.90 at Giant Tampines. Go and grab it.

4,90? or 9,9

I have 2 bottle of unopened Schnell that i wanna get off @ $15ea.

Any taker. I wanna try Castrol Edge 0w30 for my next oil change.

I have 2 bottle of unopened Schnell that i wanna get off @ $15ea.

Any taker. I wanna try Castrol Edge 0w30 for my next oil change.

Can I have it sms me on where to deal,thks

i have been using this turtle brand for my last 5 change (5000km each), with the latest change done this morning.

I have tried, Mobile1 full syn, 0W30and 5W30 (those green and also the gold cap), also tried using those supplied by my ws of same grade 10W40....

a simple Korean car that's used to drive for daily commuting to work and normal driving habit.

to be frank....all these brands thingy...no difference to me...I really don't feel if any brand in particular is good or give better mileage/quieter drive etc.

I always buy at promo with the latest at 19.90, my last 3 bott was at 13.90 or 14.90, cant remember from Giant.

to me, any dollar saved is good, plus I agree with some of your views here, its cheap no doubt, but changing it at 5k is better than spending 60-100bucks for some premium brand and change at 10k or 20k of mileage.

just my view. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1