Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:12 PM
Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:23 PM
I got a parallel imported toyota wish. And i'm looking for touch-up paint
The color code is 3P2, however, Borneo motor wont sell to parellel imported car like me, and my authorized dealer is uncontactable.
anyone know where i can get this color? Really appreciate some help here =)
Try autobacs? anyway just come back from stamford tyres this afternoon,saw quite a lot of touch up paint there,u can gif a try there :)
Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:09 AM
Here’s the Best Way to Apply Touch Up Paint to a Scratch
- Clean the scratched area. Wipe the area clean with a wet cloth, making sure not to rub dust or dirt on the paint. Washing your whole Toyota works as well. You might find that the scratch was really just a mark on top of the paint and it comes right off. Otherwise, you are removing any oils or dirt in the scratch itself.
- Remove any rust buildup. If it’s a steel part that was scratched, rub the edge of a piece of fine-grit sandpaper in the scratch. You want to remove all traces of rust from the scratch. Otherwise, rust can continue forming and cause rear its ugly head down the road. If it’s on a plastic part, you don’t need to do this.
- Apply thin coats of touch up paint with a fine brush. Most touch up paint comes with its own brush. If yours did not, use an artist’s brush with a fine tip, the size of a nail polish brush. Build up two to four thin coats of touchup paint, keeping within the scratched area and below the surface of the surrounding paint.
- You can stop there, or you can apply clear coat. If you choose to apply clear coat, apply two or three coats just like the touch up paint. Let it dry 15 minutes between applications or you could smear it.
- For the best finish, wet sand the scratched area. Use a wet piece of 1200 to 2000-grit sandpaper to lightly sand the touchup paint flat with the rest of the surrounding panel. Keep the panel and paper wet while you work. Then, once it’s flat, polish the panel with your favorite car polish.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users