Any Auto Financing for COE Renewal?

Nmnhnlm

I am also considering buying over my frd's car which left about 2 years. But was also wondering if there is loan for COE renewal.

If yes, then I may even want to renew the COE later part as the car seems pretty good condition.

Unless it is a pedigree sports car like a 911 or a Testarossa etc....

No point renewing COE at such prices.

↡ Advertisement

just asking.. if i renew my coe after 10 yrs is there any rebate or discount or will i have to pay the full amount ?? pls help

be prepared to eat black bean rice if you keep your car after 10 years w/o extending it. You need to extend your COE before or on the date of expiry. There's no need to wait until the last day to fully enjoy the full period.

If you extend on the month of your COE expiry, New COE validity starts on your expired date of current COE.

If you extend after current COE expiry, you pay the same amount as what you would have paid earlier + late penalty + prospect of eating free black bean rice. Also, the new COE starts from the date of your expired COE date, not from date of renewal.

Think there is a way to scrap the car and export to jb and register their plate?

Can still get to drive till it falls apart while u are there...

of course..u need ahmad to drive u and the car back to sg unless u are malaysian

i saw some posts in FB about sg car selling in msia...not sure if its the dealer that do the scrapping or msia dealer... [confused]

showcase some of the older cars here...can see the license plate some already close to scrap liao...

1920305_562028600572020_877233881_n.jpg1625481_562028573905356_1284351450_n.jpg

1796458_562028547238692_1832995722_n.jpg1507888_562028510572029_173616790_n.jpg1779275_562030320571848_1785316969_n.jpg1456058_562030223905191_2034539935_n.jpg1622681_562028690572011_304929592_n.jpg

Think there is a way to scrap the car and export to jb and register their plate?
Can still get to drive till it falls apart while u are there...
of course..u need ahmad to drive u and the car back to sg unless u are malaysian

ya... must be a way... really pity to see perfectly good cars getting scrapped...

long time back i recall seeing on fb someone mentioned that the MM2H (malaysia my second home) scheme the person can bring a sg car over and register it there.

Unless it is a pedigree sports car like a 911 or a Testarossa etc....

No point renewing COE at such prices.

my car is cat A.

i renew COE at current PQP 70k+.

i buy new car easily x2 the price.

why not worth

my car is cat A.

i renew COE at current PQP 70k+.

i buy new car easily x2 the price.

why not worth

What car are you driving? Like I mentioned earlier, the cost to you is not just the PQP -

What you pay/lose

1. PQP - eg $70k+

2. PARF Value and Car Body Value forfeited - For an average CAT A car, maybe we are talking about $10k

3. Increase in Road Tax - Not a lot, but if your road tax is $700/year, 10% increase per year up to 150% = $2k+ more

4. Increase in Insurance - Maybe $200 more per year or 10-20% above what you are currently paying. So around $2k more over 10 years.

5. Cost of Maintenance increase - New car you get new tyres, everything new. For conservative calculation, let's just say that you need to change all 4 tyres = $600. This is not inclusive of anything else that you may need repair/overhaul, for eg GB

6. Loss of warranty - New cars you get peace of mind for 3 years on any failure.

So you add all the above then decide if it's worth.

• Praise 1

What car are you driving? Like I mentioned earlier, the cost to you is not just the PQP -

What you pay/lose

1. PQP - eg $70k+

2. PARF Value and Car Body Value forfeited - For an average CAT A car, maybe we are talking about $10k

3. Increase in Road Tax - Not a lot, but if your road tax is $700/year, 10% increase per year up to 150% = $2k+ more

4. Increase in Insurance - Maybe $200 more per year or 10-20% above what you are currently paying. So around $2k more over 10 years.

5. Cost of Maintenance increase - New car you get new tyres, everything new. For conservative calculation, let's just say that you need to change all 4 tyres = $600. This is not inclusive of anything else that you may need repair/overhaul, for eg GB

6. Loss of warranty - New cars you get peace of mind for 3 years on any failure.

So you add all the above then decide if it's worth.

pqp- avg 70+-5k

parf? whats parf? car >10 years old

road tax increase. not much. 555/6mths

insurance? third party only. 1.7k

maintenance? every car old or new has it. (just redo everything swee swee add 5k)

still cheaper than new car

pqp- avg 70+-5k

maintenance? every car old or new has it. (just redo everything swee swee add 5k)

Yes, still cheaper than new car.

End of the day, you pay old car price for old car.

So its up to you what's the price you willing to pay for an old car.

For me, I'll not be willing to pay anything more than $50K to renew COE for Cat A car.

i saw some posts in FB about sg car selling in msia...not sure if its the dealer that do the scrapping or msia dealer... [confused]

showcase some of the older cars here...can see the license plate some already close to scrap liao...

1920305_562028600572020_877233881_n.jpg1625481_562028573905356_1284351450_n.jpg

as far as i know, those sgp deregistered cars selling in JB are illegal. the seller will tell you that it doesn't have any insurance and renewal of road tax is only by the seller (agent) only. apparently, the car is NOT recognised in JBJ system, insurance not required and road tax is fake. one more point, car must be paid in FULL CASH. obvious right?

ya that's why i smelt a rat when they quoted so cheap...and mostly are 2005 registered cars...

but it does seem very attractive...with that 2door merc going at RM48k nia.. :blink:

as far as i know, those sgp deregistered cars selling in JB are illegal. the seller will tell you that it doesn't have any insurance and renewal of road tax is only by the seller (agent) only. apparently, the car is NOT recognised in JBJ system, insurance not required and road tax is fake. one more point, car must be paid in FULL CASH. obvious right?

ya that's why i smelt a rat when they quoted so cheap...and mostly are 2005 registered cars...

but it does seem very attractive...with that 2door merc going at RM48k nia.. :blink:

there are many these type of illegal singapore deregistered cars in JB now becos some singapore owners just dump (sold cheaply) their car

there after they defaulted their installment. Malaysian buy these type of illegal cars becos its cheap, no insurance and free road tax.

police in JB is alerted to the crime.

ya they got many terms called 吊颈车,人头车,飞机车 in jbtalks forum...can also buy duno what metal logo (something like AA type) to protect them against summon/road blocks... [laugh]

there are many these type of illegal singapore deregistered cars in JB now becos some singapore owners just dump (sold cheaply) their car

there after they defaulted their installment. Malaysian buy these type of illegal cars becos its cheap, no insurance and free road tax.

police in JB is alerted to the crime.

pqp- avg 70+-5k

Oh you mean that your car is more than 10 years old? I assume your car is approaching the end of the 2nd COE, ie coming to 20 years old. In this case, opportunity cost is not high to you at all since you have alrdy forfeited the PARF 10 years ago. For your case then it's definitely worth to renew for another 10 years, if you like the car and it still has life in it. We don't see many >20 years old cars anyway, so your ride will become classic and turn heads. I think we should see more of these oldies on our local roads, not enough of them.

Just out of curiosity, what car are you driving?

Oh you mean that your car is more than 10 years old? I assume your car is approaching the end of the 2nd COE, ie coming to 20 years old. In this case, opportunity cost is not high to you at all since you have alrdy forfeited the PARF 10 years ago. For your case then it's definitely worth to renew for another 10 years, if you like the car and it still has life in it. We don't see many >20 years old cars anyway, so your ride will become classic and turn heads. I think we should see more of these oldies on our local roads, not enough of them.

Just out of curiosity, what car are you driving?

even if its not 10 years yet, renewing is still alot cheaper man. can save easily min 50k

im driving EK4

even if its not 10 years yet, renewing is still alot cheaper man. can save easily min 50k

im driving EK4

Wear and tear parts aside, hows the maintenance like for EK4, EG6...etc? Most on the used market are modified extensively. Saw a very stock looking (original stock Honda rims) EK4 parked at Lor Chuan Caltex but maybe its just the external :D

im driving EK4

No wonder.....

If I had that car I will renew also....

↡ Advertisement