The Unstoppable Toyota Prius

Koolaba

Toyota is going to disclose all flaws to show how serious they are about safety.

Well i think its a good move...after this incident i reckon they dare to slip on QC and im sure toyota will be better.

TOKYO - IN A bid to regain consumer confidence after massive vehicle recalls, Toyota plans to disclose all flaws it fixed following complaints from drivers, a newspaper said on Friday.

Toyota is believed to be the first major automaker to disclose all information on problems with its cars, including minor flaws such as difficulty in closing doors or shifting seats, the Yomiuri Shimbun said.

Automakers are not obliged to report to authorities minor improvements, which are often done individually by dealers or by changing parts that caused a problem.

Toyota president Akio Toyoda would explain the disclosure policy when he visits the United States in late February or early March, the mass-circulation daily said without naming its sources.

The world's biggest auto company hopes the disclosure will convince customers that it is serious about safety, the paper said. Mr Toyoda faces intensifying pressure to explain the mass recalls to the US Congress.

No immediate confirmation of the report was available from Toyota. The company has recalled more than eight million vehicles worldwide over faulty accelerator and brake systems in a spiralling public relations nightmare for one of Japan's greatest corporate icons. -- AFP

Edited by Babyt
↡ Advertisement

Toyota is going to disclose all flaws to show how serious they are about safety.

Well i think its a good move...after this incident i reckon they dare to slip on QC and im sure toyota will be better.

Then i think its a good move lah.

Open book mah

then all drivers will know Toyota is really the no.1 car maker in the world.

[drivingcar]

Since I am a driver of the Gen II(end 2008) model maybe I can add on.

I think this is a great car.

The FC is good and the interior is well spacious.

Maybe apart from the plastic feel of the dashboard. I think this makes the car lighter.

But well control and handling is ok for me.

I am still a contented TOYOTA owner! [rolleyes]

Bro, do you frequent PriusChat forum? Lotsa details and enthusiast sharing experience there.

Great site for reference and faq for new cummers. [thumbsup]

logo.gif

Bro, do you frequent PriusChat forum? Lotsa details and enthusiast sharing experience there.

Great site for reference and faq for new cummers. [thumbsup]

Yeah Yeah .I am a member and I have seen lots of good advise in the page.

Sad to say I created the Prius Singapore club but no one seems to be interested to join.

hahah

Sad to say I created the Prius Singapore club but no one seems to be interested to join.

hahah

What's your site url? Yours 2010 from PI or BM?

Turbocharged

I have been driving an old car all these years and have very little knowledge about the newer car. I have one question.

If the accelerator gets stuck and the speed keeps on increasing, can't they just turn off the engine using the key or something?

hahah

Guys I was window-shopping the 2010 Prius Gen III but would probably wait a while before purchase.

Anyway I didn't bother to register on the Prius club, but saw the question about accessories. Check out this site - for Gen II:

JapanParts Prius

I've ordered parts for other cars from this site before. Do check shipping costs before you order.

I have been driving an old car all these years and have very little knowledge about the newer car. I have one question.

If the accelerator gets stuck and the speed keeps on increasing, can't they just turn off the engine using the key or something?

For most push-button engine start vehicles, you need to press and hold to kill the engine.

In Prius case, you need to hold it for at least 3 seconds.

Of course, turning of engine is the last thing that you should do as this will kill your assisted power steering.

The best option is to switch to neutral by holding in "N" position for > 1 sec. [flowerface]

3191924376_c2bef5f087.jpg

For most push-button engine start vehicles, you need to press and hold to kill the engine.

In Prius case, you need to hold it for at least 3 seconds.

Of course, turning of engine is the last thing that you should do as this will kill your assisted power steering.

The best option is to switch to neutral by holding in "N" position for > 1 sec. [flowerface]

[thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone!!

Just want to ask if it is safe to purchase a 2ndhand Prius?

What are some of the things that I will need to look out for?

Thanks! Hoping to get some advice from the gurus here.

That is the problem with too many electronic and software put into a car....mechanical car will have less problem....cos it is easier to retify the problem. This is what I think so don't flame me.

u got a point... ^_^

↡ Advertisement