Anyone driving the new Mazda 6?

Civic6656

Right... I've had the Mazda6 for 3 days now. Done only about 150 kms so far. And it has been enjoyable all the time. Damien - the salesperson at Mazda - patiently explained every aspect of the car when making the delivery. Good man.

Love the rasping tone of the 2 litre engine. Doesn't have the grunt that my old Alfa 147 2.0 had, or the whine that was in the v5 turbo Volvo S60 but it sounds a helluva lot better flat mechanical sound from the Toyota's and Hyundai's I've had to drive some times.

The Mazda 6's roadsense was what sold me about the car (and the standard kit inside ofcourse). Its well planted, easy to hold good speed when cornering with very little body roll. It translates to a firmer ride, true. But it wasn't harsh like my S60 with 18" sports kit. heck, I felt even the 530 that my familly owns had a harsher ride then this - though that was probably due to the 19" alloys.

More importantly, even the sometimes harsh ride doesn't feel like the car is running on shocks with bushes worn out. No jarring... just a solid thump with no chassis flex... this is a strong car I think.

the steering is true when cornering... but I feel maybe that its too light. Maybe its because the other two cars I've driven more then this all had a very heavy steering. But I can get used to it.

Road noise is well dampened. I can't compare it to a luxury Nissan, as I've never sat in one... but when compared to the Accord, I'd say its about even. The Camry maybe does a better job at this. In any case, the noise is not loud even in this car.

And I like the auto sound level feature... volume increases as cabin decibels go up. Neat.

The auto wiper is way too sensitive even at lowest setting!

the auto light is way too sensitive. Period! Come on... why HID lights at 1800 in Singapore!!?? Wish I could tone it down a bit.

Seats are comfy. Though the Mazda 3's seats are much better at lateral support. They hug you good.

Rear seats are comfortable. My children love them and the boot is very useable. These two are the primarys reasons why I was steered away from the 3 to the 6.

Right guys... take care.

↡ Advertisement

about the auto headlights.. i also wish i can adjust mine. too sensitive, even go past a big bridge at 90km/h (i think take less than 2second) also light up. den turn off again. i forgot at which expressway, with continuous multiple bridges one.. turn off and on 3-4 times, den after awhile 7pm+ already, cannot turn on at all. only speedo lights came up. need restart engine.. lol.

cool... i am considering btw m6 and the m3 2L... i thought the m6 is a little to old for me

how old r u by the way?

Considering M3 and M6?

how about SL series, quite a contender too.

and also the cheapest in class , now selling like hotcakes, Audi S5

SL is the nicest of the attainable Mercy range.

It will always have a place in my heart.

I thought the "A" class is the easiest to attain for the 3 pointed star ?

Considering M3 and M6?

how about SL series, quite a contender too.

and also the cheapest in class , now selling like hotcakes, Audi S5

Come on bro, some here don't know the car-nuts' abbreviation for M3 and M6.

m3 and m6 in local context should be no-brainer.

Though that, in spoken form, I would snide them as well

Edited by Sturtles

dun come here hao lian to me.

Why would I want to hao lian to a clown like you ? I won't waste time on a small potato like you in the first place...

Edited by Blackseal

I thought the "A" class is the easiest to attain for the 3 pointed star ?

Yes it is but i wasnt talking about easiest to attain.

I was talking about nicest looking ones that i can still attain.

anyway, Super OT liao.....

OIC...thought u were referring to any products from the 3 pointed star...

Ok I'll give my take...the CL seems to be alittle less dated and classier than the SL IMHO...even though the later is an icon for Mercedes

Wah Lau CNY already shake hands and be friends lah Picanto and Blackseal......

haha

I dun know what's with this fella...always try to create flame war...reported him to the mods liao

↡ Advertisement