Hyundai i45

Limxiaoming

ok just seen an i45 at closeup and molested it. imho, too much lines and waves going on in the design. not as good looking in the pictures.

↡ Advertisement

based on current pricing, i think this i45 is not as cheap afterall.

about S$20k difference.

and taken into consideration on the lowest OMV as compared with the other Jap makers.~

checkoh.jpg

Turbocharged

about S$20k difference.

and taken into consideration on the lowest OMV as compared with the other Jap makers.~

At $20k less than a Camry 2.4, its pretty good value for money (IMHO) that's a good 15% - and in terms of size and electronics it matches the camry, handling not quite so sorted, but then - if you're buying a Camry you don't really car about handling anyway. In terms of comfort of ride, it's just as good.

Could I see myself buying one?

Besides the fact that I need a 7 seater, and even for five seaters I prefer a wagon...

Well, if I really really needed an executive, and didn't have the budget for a better handling one, then "maybe"

Turbocharged

i cannot understand why people say that i45 is cheap.

Because "cheap" is a relative term, the car is $15k cheaper than the equivalent Toyota, whether its worth that or not is a question only answered by the buyer.

But let me ask you - if I said you could buy a GCB in Nassim road for $500,000 would you think that cheap?

I think in Singapore content, cheap must be at least 30 -40% cheaper. How come no one ever ask why Japs cannot bring down their price to that level since most of them are made in other countries rather than Japan?? <_<

In the western countries, the cars are only different by a few K but still people buy them. They are asking if the Japanese makes are worth that 1 or 2k more instead. See the difference?

Because "cheap" is a relative term, the car is $15k cheaper than the equivalent Toyota, whether its worth that or not is a question only answered by the buyer.

But let me ask you - if I said you could buy a GCB in Nassim road for $500,000 would you think that cheap?

a toyota camry is never cheap in the 1st place

The i45 is quite a decent buy with today's crazy COE prices....

however, i'd wait for them to bring in the 2.0Turbo 276bhp version before deciding....

as for the Forte sedan, i've seen front modifications with front diffuser styling based on the Koup's....it's really nice....

i guess the next Forte sedan will have the Koup's nose....

Turbocharged

I think in Singapore content, cheap must be at least 30 -40% cheaper. How come no one ever ask why Japs cannot bring down their price to that level since most of them are made in other countries rather than Japan?? <_<

In the western countries, the cars are only different by a few K but still people buy them. They are asking if the Japanese makes are worth that 1 or 2k more instead. See the difference?

Well of course you do have to remember the 100% tax on cars here - that $2k in "other countries" becomes $4k here.

Then remember currency differences...

$2k Euro becomes SGD$4k, then ARF becomes $8k......so it's not that straight forward.

And to Picanto - way to the avoid a straight forward question, [thumbsup] Power you

Turbocharged

about S$20k difference.

For this case, we cannot look at just the car price alone. we have to see what are the accessory that come with it.

Eg. Skoda Superb Vs Passat - Superb is a better buy being cheaper and more accessory while providing the same drive feel.

Anyone have any idea what accessory come withe the car for each model?

Turbocharged

For this case, we cannot look at just the car price alone. we have to see what are the accessory that come with it.

Eg. Skoda Superb Vs Passat - Superb is a better buy being cheaper and more accessory while providing the same drive feel.

Anyone have any idea what accessory come withe the car for each model?

The electronics on the i45 are better, the Camry is marginally bigger (not that you'd actually notice though) the paddle shifters on the i45 is better, the Camry handles better - although that's a very relative term, as frankly if handling is your goal, neither car will interest you. The interior is better on the Camry, but this can probably be rectified by a quick visit to a local upholstery shop. The driver's seat on the i45 has more adjustments.

I am too lazy to go compare power - but having driven both the 2.4 versions, either has sufficient for the job, so I think it's pretty much a wash there. The i45 is as prettier car, but I would still be putting my money on the Camry for reliability...

Doesn't help much right? I think it will come down to whichever car tickles your fancy more.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The electronics on the i45 are better, the Camry is marginally bigger (not that you'd actually notice though) the paddle shifters on the i45 is better, the Camry handles better - although that's a very relative term, as frankly if handling is your goal, neither car will interest you. The interior is better on the Camry, but this can probably be rectified by a quick visit to a local upholstery shop. The driver's seat on the i45 has more adjustments.

I am too lazy to go compare power - but having driven both the 2.4 versions, either has sufficient for the job, so I think it's pretty much a wash there. The i45 is as prettier car, but I would still be putting my money on the Camry for reliability...

Doesn't help much right? I think it will come down to whichever car tickles your fancy more.

True. [laugh] i still prefer Superb for mid-size sedan. price is around 134K [laugh] should be in same cat.

Edited by Joseph22

i-45 cheaper and lower omv good mah.

it will be damn good value to buy as a 2nd hand. ^_^

Maybe it will be like my sonata NF 2.4ltr. 2.5yr old only cost 44.8k. I think this new car costs was about 80k - 90k ?

hehehe........ [laugh]

about S$20k difference.

Turbocharged

True. [laugh] i still prefer Superb for mid-size sedan. price is around 134K [laugh] should be in same cat.

The Superb is, well a superb car at the price....the rear seat and boot space is cavernous. I haven't driven, but have driven the smaller brother - which was a good drive. And their sports model would ROCK.

Although if you are looking for a conti in that price range, the Alfa 159 SW is my lover....

Turbocharged

The Superb is, well a superb car at the price....the rear seat and boot space is cavernous. I haven't driven, but have driven the smaller brother - which was a good drive. And their sports model would ROCK.

Although if you are looking for a conti in that price range, the Alfa 159 SW is my lover....

no lah. i am looking at Jetta or Octavia.

no lah. i am looking at Jetta or Octavia.

think Geely suit u more [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Skoda is good quality car no doubt, but at such prices, i can get the VW alternatives at the same prices why not???

and the VW alternatives look better than the Skoda in my opinion....

↡ Advertisement