Hyundai i45

Limxiaoming

Turbocharged

Skoda is good quality car no doubt, but at such prices, i can get the VW alternatives at the same prices why not???

and the VW alternatives look better than the Skoda in my opinion....

if you are refering to Octavia, you are right. but not so for superb.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

no lah. i am looking at Jetta or Octavia.

Combi RS [wave][drivingcar][drivingcar]

You won't get a better drive at that price. And remember Skoda did well in the Group N rallying in this car.

But even the "non singing and dancing model" is a decent drive - this is the one I drove (previous model). The suspension and handling quite well sorted (at least on the short time I had with the car) - much better than the comparable sized Japanese.

this is only reserved to be my opinions lah...

relax lah bro....

to me, the VW Mk6 Golf looks fresher than the Octavia, however, the Ocatavia is a larger car overall, no denying that (well until the Golf estate makes it here)....

and the VW Passat/ Passat CC do indeed look better than the bulby Superb to me....

i prefer the more compact executive looks of the Passat....

as for the Skoda Roomster and FAbia, definitely VW's Touran and Polo look better...no denying that man....

Turbocharged

Combi RS [wave][drivingcar][drivingcar]

You won't get a better drive at that price. And remember Skoda did well in the Group N rallying in this car.

But even the "non singing and dancing model" is a decent drive - this is the one I drove (previous model). The suspension and handling quite well sorted (at least on the short time I had with the car) - much better than the comparable sized Japanese.

Combi RS is 139K. i will had taken Supebr. [sweatdrop]

I was actually eyeing that car until the price come out then i [crazy] . was expecting that their car price like superb will be around 10~20K cheaper than their VW counter part. Look like getting a AD to do sales for VAG is not a good choice.

just went showroom and saw this afternoon.

the white one looks really stunning, especially from the side profile. wished the doors were more solid though. haha perhaps my expectations are high given the beautiful appearance.

too many doors for ur comfort? 2 is enough [sly]

Turbocharged

this is only reserved to be my opinions lah...

relax lah bro....

to me, the VW Mk6 Golf looks fresher than the Octavia, however, the Ocatavia is a larger car overall, no denying that (well until the Golf estate makes it here)....

and the VW Passat/ Passat CC do indeed look better than the bulby Superb to me....

i prefer the more compact executive looks of the Passat....

as for the Skoda Roomster and FAbia, definitely VW's Touran and Polo look better...no denying that man....

i sound fierce meh?

Anyway for Passat and Superb, i still prefer superb. its look better and sit more comfortable. but i did not test drive it though. the car was on long test drive que when i was there.

you're absolute right....

last time before i got my driving license, i managed to tag along with my dad who test drove the Octavia Tour....

that car had a fantastic cushioning suspension, but to me, that is expected from a conti car....

it felt the same as the Focus sedan though, you feel the bumps on the road, but it cushions it for you, so it's not like the japanese alternatives where the bumps is sent straight to your body, thus feeling uncomfortable....

but the Octavia Tour and Focus sedan suffers from the same thing- lack of engine power for driving involvement....

can we get back to the thread on the i45 then???

the new Hyundai fluidic models will definitely raise awareness of the Hyundai brand....

it's no more budget buys, but more style over substance....

however, Hyundai KMC has to equip their cars with high end luxury features like keyless entry and ignition, cruise control, audio control, 2-zone air-con, rear air con, auto headlights with HID cornering and auto speed variable wipers, twin electric seats with cooling features and memory function,

most of the features where the japanese lacks, then it'll be really good and cool to own a Korean car....

if not for now, the cars are really basic spec, unless you get the high end models, which are costlier and not worth the buy....

Hypersonic

Sure or not!!!! When Hyundai stop production for old model taxi and if ComfortDelgro say "I want 1000 i45 taxi", what do you think???

i45 Taxi in Korea --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vdim/3965745770/

What is the problem when a car is used as a taxi?

Go to korea and you will see the new Sonata (i45) roaming around every where.

In Germany you will see all the MB C-class, E-class used as taxi. People still treat it as a premium brand.

My car from PI was also used as taxi, I had no problem.

ehh....

how can you expect ALL of the people to have the SAME view as you???

some people like driving a taxi model car around, others don't want to be associated with the taxi marque....

i for one can just flag down your car, being a taxi model and take it as and when i want...

that's what irks me...

test droven the car a few days ago...the 2.4 model do not give me too much of a ''powerful'' feel. When you ramp up the acceleration, the engine sound is rather loud in my opinion.........Overall, the car do not give a soild feel that one can feel in a conti car.....The insulation is so so...and the interior to me is overdoing with too many curves.....also the rear leg space is lesser than a Latio.....just my opinion....

(edited)

Hrrrr.......most taxi differs in colour from the private plate. How to make that mistake ????

U flag down a blue or yellow colour private plate sonata b4 ? Or u colour blind. [grin]

Camry got the same blue colour in a taxi and private plate tho. But this is korea/sonata topic lei.

ehh....

how can you expect ALL of the people to have the SAME view as you???

some people like driving a taxi model car around, others don't want to be associated with the taxi marque....

i for one can just flag down your car, being a taxi model and take it as and when i want...

that's what irks me...

Edited by Hiphiphoray

2nd Gear

Hrrrr.......most taxi differs in colour from the private plate. How to make that mistake ????

U flag down a blue or yellow colour private plate sonata b4 ? Or u colour blind. [grin]

Camry got the same blue colour in a taxi and private plate tho. But this is korea/sonata topic lei.

I think there is some small cab coy has PI model such as Fit as cab and they got no std color scheme...kind of suka suka.... :wacko:

Turbocharged

I think there is some small cab coy has PI model such as Fit as cab and they got no std color scheme...kind of suka suka.... :wacko:

you are refering to Prime. They do have std color scheme.

Their regular colour is i think Rust brown colour. Blue color for the so call preimer drive (aka Merc class?)

not suka suka, want to find a excuse not to buy a taxi model also dont suka suka claim that they got no color scheme.

was that DSG paddle gear shifting in the i45 advertisement on tv? or was i mistaken? i saw the guy tap the paddle with the "+" sign at the right of the steering wheel.

(edited)

Taken from one-shift:

The i45 certainly looks distinctive but the myriad of lines and surfaces somehow makes its overall styling look messy and cluttered. The wraparound head and tail lamps have an over exaggerated feel to them as well. The overall roofline has a hint of the Volkswagen Passat CC and Mercedes CLS to give the i45 an even more curvaceous look as well as good aerodynamic efficiency (drag coefficient of 0.29).

The same as I felt, too much lines.

Edited by MadDog70

Taken from one-shift:

The i45 certainly looks distinctive but the myriad of lines and surfaces somehow makes its overall styling look messy and cluttered. The wraparound head and tail lamps have an over exaggerated feel to them as well. The overall roofline has a hint of the Volkswagen Passat CC and Mercedes CLS to give the i45 an even more curvaceous look as well as good aerodynamic efficiency (drag coefficient of 0.29).

The same as I felt, too much lines.

Yalor, hence I mentioned in my earlier message that the side resemble some premium conti made [laugh] . Must give some credits lah, at least better than the Camry & Teana oldish design, imho.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement