2010 Mazda8 2.3L

MadDog70

Personally I really like the 7+1 concept where the middle row has 2 individual seats which can be pushed together to be combined into 1 which seats 3 if necessary. And it does have a lot of features, even auto tailgate.

Hi Jayc,

Can you share some experiences of the mazda8.. ie what you like and dislike about it?

Neutral Newbie

Personally I really like the 7+1 concept where the middle row has 2 individual seats which can be pushed together to be combined into 1 which seats 3 if necessary. And it does have a lot of features, even auto tailgate.

Hi Jayc,

Can you share some experiences of the mazda8.. ie what you like and dislike about it?

It appears that M8 is a forgotten model. everyone only talks about estima, Ody, etc.

is it something not right about M8?

think it's a fuel guzzler? If i'm not wrong it incurs CEVS penalty + 5000.

Anyway mazda everyone talks abt the biante for now.

If Biante has the 6 air-bag model, with auto headlights and wipers, and auto tailgate, more people will be willing to overlook the height of the car. The 1.835m height vs <1.7m for Mazda 8 is a killer, have to worry about the carparks everywhere.

Hi Jayc,

Hi,

Did not realize that you ask me a question till today.

The Mazda 8 fuel consumption is around 7 to 8 km/l. Pickup is slow but once cruising is ok. Interior space could be slightly smaller than Previa/Estima. I was put off by the high price of Previa/Estima previously and think that Mazda 8 is a good substitute, so far I think the passengers will enjoy the car much more than the driver. Saw the Biante, looks very weird with the tall and slender body.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Did not realize that you ask me a question till today.

The Mazda 8 fuel consumption is around 7 to 8 km/l. Pickup is slow but once cruising is ok. Interior space could be slightly smaller than Previa/Estima. I was put off by the high price of Previa/Estima previously and think that Mazda 8 is a good substitute, so far I think the passengers will enjoy the car much more than the driver. Saw the Biante, looks very weird with the tall and slender body.

Yup, I do agree with you.

IMO, I would personally prefer the M8 which is closer in physical appearance to the earlier Odsy. It has a sleeker appearance and comes with sliding doors.

any idea when is the facelift model coming?

I would like the facelift model to equip with audio and cruise controls on steering wheel which is currently lacking for car of such calibre.

Yup, I do agree with you.

IMO, I would personally prefer the M8 which is closer in physical appearance to the earlier Odsy. It has a sleeker appearance and comes with sliding doors.

any idea when is the facelift model coming?

I would like the facelift model to equip with audio and cruise controls on steering wheel which is currently lacking for car of such calibre.

Hi,

Mine actually came with audio control on steering wheel. As mine is bought 2nd hand, I think it is installed with after market. Cruise control to me is not necessary for Singapore driving condition. Previous cars were equipped but never use it before. So to me, it is good to have but not necessary.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Mine actually came with audio control on steering wheel. As mine is bought 2nd hand, I think it is installed with after market. Cruise control to me is not necessary for Singapore driving condition. Previous cars were equipped but never use it before. So to me, it is good to have but not necessary.

hi,

so far how do compare it with your last right ride?

I tested it and found it pretty comfortable, responsive and quiet on the run.

since it is an MPV, I would not expect it to be as agile as a saloon car.

Hi I own this car for more than 1 year. it's a comfort ride but insulation can be better as travel 60 km u can hear wind noise from the window. My auto back door give problems after 3 months till now it's not fix yet. As Mazda change several parts still not done yet. Very disappointed....

When i use auto function to close the back door, its not able to fully close. Usually its should feel 2 catch sound, but mine only able to have 1 catch and its stop over there, Hence I need to reopen it and manual close it.