15K servicing at Skoda Service Centre

Velocity73

Hmmm..... best case scenario is Skoda Auto comes in and take over distributorship, like VW? That would be something! [idea]

Then it'll be a double whammy for the Kwees.... First VW then Skoda [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Excellent suggestion, that will definitely bring me back. Guess we should feedback to Skoda with VW's success. [thumbsup]

Or better still, ask VW S'pore to consolidate all the brands under their distribution here. With 3-4 brands under one roof, thats what I call economy of scale in ops. Maybe they can bring Seat back, good car and under rated like Skoda.

You are absolutely right and that's an excellent idea.

Had a SEAT Ibiza in 92', was a little power pack car, reliable and built like a tank despite the fact that I actually trashed/punished it on the track....and patience was much thinner then.

How often do you guys change your MF battery. I heard usually EOLs after 2years.

Beano, don't even think of stretching it to 2 yrs. Change it arnd 18mths, to be on the safe side. Telling u fm experience .... <_<

Mmmm...it seems most batteries (non maintenance type) for conti cars typically last 1.5 years due to all the electronic gizmos sucking on it.....

abt 1.5 yrs, ask the workshop to check on the voltage to see if need to change.....

as for all VW brands under one roof in spore I doubt so.....VW Spore currently is trying to establish itself (currently doing very well in establishing market presence). Much better than the previous Peter K ran style.... VW direct got its benefits such as direct cost control on pricing and parts. I doubt they will want to bring in Skoda or Seat under their wing...

If they want to, they would rather bring in Audi first...much more profitable and more road presence.

Neutral Newbie

I went for my 30K servicing for Superb on Monday and I'm happy with their service. While it's true the service centre is bare bones compared to - say - Nissan, the important thing is that their attention and service level are pretty good:

• They fixed up my front spoiler (it was sagging a little bit). I hadn't noticed it but they fixed it up for me anyway
  • I had a scratch on my back rear spoiler (backed into an overhang). They painted it to make it look less conspicuous. Again, they did this without me asking
  • They cleaned my super dusty car inside out - quite thorough with attention to detail

And just as important, it's always service with a smile.

Thanks Jason (and the mechanauts). There'd always be people happy or unhappy with service but I guess those happy people should speak up every now and then.

Hello Skoda owners,

Do you have any recommendation for workshops that can repair a hole in the car bumper (plastic part of the bumper) and respray it abit? I whacked my car into my house gate by accident yesterday and there's an ugly hole now. :(

I don't wanna bring it to the authorised dealer 'cos they will overcharge and i'm not willing to fork out so much considering my car is almost 6 y/o now. Appreciate your inputs. Please please please help!!! Thanks :)

P.S.: wanted to start a new topic for this but not yet reached 25 posts...hiaz...so kena hijack this thread.

Most workshops can do depending on the damage. price prob 180-300.

Can try continential klasse. Look for derrick. Not the cheapest but he does lotsa VW stable cars so more familiar.. I realize VW make bumper removal slightly different from jap cars.. don