Exhaust shield for bumper

Sky_vinz

Hi, am tempted to get one of these. Any recommendations for a customised one?

Normally stick-on using adhesive, or by rivet?

d-1426-1093-01.jpeg

exhaustgarnish.jpg

↡ Advertisement

SaNibOy: Yep, think so too. Unless use super glue. Either ways are irreversible.

Icebrush79: Thanks. Have sent them an email. Any idea the price range? Done yours there?

Edited by Sky_vinz

I recommend that you go with the riveted type as the temperature is pretty high at the exhaust, so I doubt the adhesive type can hold long. Mine dropped off after 2 years.

If the budget permits fabricate your entire rear bumper in carbon fibre.

Bro, check with Robson Design and get them advise you accordingly.

But I reckon that the fumes might just "darken" your shield surface after a while and after some time, you might either need cleaning on the surface and replace with a new one....

Maybe by that time, you already changed to Evo liaoz. [laugh]

Yuan: Hopefully lo. A completely stock white Evo9 Gsr will do. =P

For now, I guess I'll just maintain the shield along with my car body once I get it installed.

Minimum weekly thorough car wash, monthly wax. That's what I'm doing now. Fully DIY.

Edited by Sky_vinz

For now, I guess I'll just maintain the shield along with my car body once I get it installed.

Minimum weekly thorough car wash, monthly wax. That's what I'm doing now. Fully DIY.

Haha...I won't go for a Evo after driving a lancer.....Probably I will be looking at a conti like beemer or VW Golf GT.....

Some of the detailing products sold by maddriver in this forum are quite good. I am personally using Duragloss products for my car. Very satisfied. [thumbsup]

Edited by Yuan

Yuan: I see.

Was thinking, if using stock exhaust or exhaust with 2inch outlet, along with this exhaust shield, is it going to look very rice?

Edited by Sky_vinz

Yuan: I see.

Was thinking, if using stock exhaust or exhaust with 2inch outlet, along with this exhaust shield, is it going to look very rice?

In my opinion, it would look nicer if your exhaust can contain a tennis ball......Wah...Very fierce then with bassy sound.... [laugh]

SaNibOy: Yep, think so too. Unless use super glue. Either ways are irreversible.

Icebrush79: Thanks. Have sent them an email. Any idea the price range? Done yours there?

Didn't do mine.. cuz they need my entire bumper to fabricate... (because FN2R is not so common)

For your case (I presume its a lancer??), should be quite fast... Price range prolly around 500 max but most likely cheaper.. bout 300 I'm guessing..

Go down to robson for a look bro... many good looking chicks there

Don't wax the shield. I will create a thick gluey residue with the brake dust.

Btw, why do people need the shield? I never have soot forming from any of the cars I have, or bumper melting.

I do see often black soot at bumper of Truly Asia cars. I assume these car are using dummy cat hence the soot.

Or is is for looks?

maybe applicable to engines that are running too rich? and if yours is a light coloured cars, after a while will see black marks on the bumper above the exhaust tip.

but all in all, its more cosmetic than necessary [:p]

↡ Advertisement