Kia Sorento 2.4 SX vs Dodge Journey 2.4 SXT;Which is better?

Saroja117

most singaporeans will go for the more popular choices...

between the Kia Sorento and Dodge Journey, which you are considering now...most will pick the Kia Sorento...

but i like to be unique...i don't like to be seen in a popular car...so it's the Dodge Journey anytime for me...

and you pay a bit more for the Dodge Journey (compared to Sorento SX model) because you're getting a much better quality product...

you're paying for what you get!!

i hope you won't be complaining about poor fuel economy and power as this isn't the reason why you buy a huge 5+2-seater vehicle...

↡ Advertisement

From the picture, dodge's interior really cannot make it.....

Just went to Kia showroom few days ago, the 2nd and third rows are not as big as Alphard etc.

Exterior really nothing to say, very swee and big and its like 20k cheaper from the jap competitors.

Go look at the Ford SMax before deciding between the 2.

We like Dodge because it belongs to Chrysler. We like Sorento because its packed with features. We don't like dodge because of its price and low features. We don't Sorento because of the brand and the price for it (isn't 94k too much for a Kia). We're now in a dilemma and really need your help. We have no problem with selling in our Chery and are ready to top up any amount. So, now price isn't the issue. We're looking for a spacious, well-featured, friendly, good, non-problematic, comfortable car. So, any help please? Thank you very much...

If you can accept other model then take a look at Mitsubishi D5 Delica. Comes in 7 or 8 seater and similar price to Sorento.

For me if I'm looking for a big family car, it's a no brainer.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10520

But still Dodge Journey lacks of features for it's price. Sorento has a lot of features but it is Kia! That is my problem in choosing my car that suites my family. I am of looking for a SUV rather than a MPV for your info. But i will still have a look at Ford SMax and Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso just to confirm my choice.

U haven't even enlistEd for NS and u wanna test drive cars? No wonder the queue was so long

Kids are so rich nowadays. car show room has become their playground :o

how come u so mean(but i like..believe u and me the same..getting annoyed by some of the postings by some pple)

though kinda reminds me of wei xiang..way back in 2005-2006 [:|]

haha [nod]

But still Dodge Journey lacks of features for it's price. Sorento has a lot of features but it is Kia! That is my problem in choosing my car that suites my family. I am of looking for a SUV rather than a MPV for your info. But i will still have a look at Ford SMax and Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso just to confirm my choice.

Any reason why you prefer SUV with 7-seater requirement?

Are you going for offroad activities or plain love the height (I'm high up, I can see far, shiok)?

Don't forget SUV is heavy and consume petrol.

Full sized MPV like Ford S-Max could be an alternative, it's high too, just do not have the ground clearance for offroading capability (though you can jack it up).

Think more about what you really want, shortlist the correct cars so that test drive will be easy.

Bro, very similar situation as you. Was looking at both too, and very much prefer the Sorento. By the way, Journey only has a 4 speed gearbox... My choice in the end? 2nd-hand XC90. Lesser gadgets, has my 7 seater requirement, VERY safe, better branding, more reliable. Search on SGcarmart for one.... Tons available...

2nd-hand XC90 is not cheap lei, how is the FC for this ride?

Internal Moderator

Guys I managed to try both vehicles.....loved the Sorento because it felt good walking up to such a good looker, and sitting inside it felt good also. Plastics are of good quality and the equipment list runs damn long la...typical Kia style.

What I hated was the fact that the new car smell was over powering la...the leather doesn't feel like its a respectable quality. Then folding the seats down was a problem...I couldn't get the mechanism to work most of the time. Had to use a lot of force to get the lever to work! Might just be the model I was in though...

Was suprised with the Journey. Plastics were better than expected and though the car looked very very american.

The Journey can't compare with the Sorento on the equipment list but makes up for it with all the storage spaces in and around the car! Even the front passenger seat below got storage area.

Then the seats are damn simple to fold down and easy to get into also since the 2nd row doors open 90 degrees - good for the parent who needs to secure the child seat, good for people to climb to the rear and good for your aging parents. They got reverse camera also...although it was kinda blurry. Plus think the lcd screen is at too low a position in the centre console....

Overall though think both vehicles drive like crap but the Journey has the lighter steering which is welcomed when driving such cars I think. Makes it very easy to get into parking spaces that require more than one reverse action from u.

Personally, I see much use for the storage areas in the Journey and find the seats alil more comfortable even though they are only fabric seats. FC it's just a little more than the Sorento....so in this case I'd rather go American.

The review for the Sorento is here and the Journey is here if anyone is interested in reading up on them.

Also guys if you've got any feedback about how the articles could change or what other information you would like to see in future reviews, please do PM me.

The Dodge Journey returns for the 2018 model year with two engine options, new standard features, and a simplified lineup that now includes only four different trims. The Journey is a somewhat overlooked member of the Dodge family, but with seating for seven and bold styling, this is a solid SUV.

The new lineup includes the SE, SXT, Crossroad, and GT. All trims except the GT feature a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 173 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque paired to a 4-speed automatic transmission. An optional 3.6-liter V6 engine with 283 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque is available, and it's the standard engine on the GT. This engine has a 6-speed automatic transmission and is the only way to get the Journey with all-wheel drive (AWD).

New this year is three-row seating as a standard feature for all trims. Also new is the Blacktop Package, which adds black roof rails; gloss black exterior mirrors, fascia applique, and grille; 17-inch aluminum wheels on the SE; and 10-inch aluminum wheels on the SXT and GT.

If it’s cargo you’re worried about and not people, the Journey has 67.6 cubic feet behind the first row of seats, 37.0 cubic feet behind the second row, and 10.7 cubic feet behind the third row. The Journey is also rated to tow up to 1,000 pounds with the smaller 2.4-liter engine or 2,500 pounds when equipped with the V6 engine, and there are second-row in-floor storage bins for extra items.

The base SE includes a tilt-and-telescoping steering column with steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, cloth seats, and the base Uconnect infotainment system, which has a 4.3-inch touchscreen, AM/FM radio with 6 speakers, an audio jack input, and a remote USB port.

The SXT adds fog lamps, body-color sideview mirrors, 17-inch Tech Silver aluminum wheels, and a greater array of options. This includes an expanded Blacktop Package, Chrome Appearance Group with bright door handle and roof rails, and the luxurious Premium Group. It adds a fold-flat front passenger seat with power four-way lumbar and in-seat cushion storage, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, premium cloth seats, and a 6-way power driver’s seat.

Choose the Crossroad and many of the optional features on the SXT become standard, including the leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel and power seats. Also standard on the Crossroad are leather bucket seats with optional heating, a 6-way power driver’s seat with 4-way power lumbar, and a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen for the Uconnect infotainment system. The system gets an upgrade, too, with a CD/DVD player, SiriusXM radio, and MP3 capability with optional navigation.

Adding the navigation package also adds three-zone automatic air-conditioning control, a universal garage door opener, ParkSense rear park assist, and ParkView reversing camera. The driver convenience group offers most of the same features, but without the climate control or navigation. Also available is the Rearseat Video Group, which includes a premium sound system, 9-inch overhead video screen for the second row, remote control, and wireless headphones. All of these packages are available exclusively on the Crossroad and GT trims.

At the top of the Journey lineup is the GT, offering the greatest number of standard and available features. It has 19-inch Satin Carbon aluminum wheels, an overhead console with an interior observation mirror and room for sunglasses, premium door trims, and leather-trimmed bucket seats with perforated inserts that are also heated. There’s also a 6-speaker premium audio system with a 368-watt amplifier and an optional Trailer Tow Prep Group with a four-pin trailer-tow connector wiring harness.

Pricing for the 2018 Dodge Journey lineup has not yet been announced, but Dodge says this year’s Journey will be the most powerful three-row SUV available priced under $30,000.

The Dodge Journey returns for the 2018 model year with two engine options, new standard features, and a simplified lineup that now includes only four different trims. The Journey is a somewhat overlooked member of the Dodge family, but with seating for seven and bold styling, this is a solid SUV.

The new lineup includes the SE, SXT, Crossroad, and GT. All trims except the GT feature a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 173 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque paired to a 4-speed automatic transmission. An optional 3.6-liter V6 engine with 283 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque is available, and it's the standard engine on the GT. This engine has a 6-speed automatic transmission and is the only way to get the Journey with all-wheel drive (AWD).

New this year is three-row seating as a standard feature for all trims. Also new is the Blacktop Package, which adds black roof rails; gloss black exterior mirrors, fascia applique, and grille; 17-inch aluminum wheels on the SE; and 10-inch aluminum wheels on the SXT and GT.

If it’s cargo you’re worried about and not people, the Journey has 67.6 cubic feet behind the first row of seats, 37.0 cubic feet behind the second row, and 10.7 cubic feet behind the third row. The Journey is also rated to tow up to 1,000 pounds with the smaller 2.4-liter engine or 2,500 pounds when equipped with the V6 engine, and there are second-row in-floor storage bins for extra items.

The base SE includes a tilt-and-telescoping steering column with steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, cloth seats, and the base Uconnect infotainment system, which has a 4.3-inch touchscreen, AM/FM radio with 6 speakers, an audio jack input, and a remote USB port.

The SXT adds fog lamps, body-color sideview mirrors, 17-inch Tech Silver aluminum wheels, and a greater array of options. This includes an expanded Blacktop Package, Chrome Appearance Group with bright door handle and roof rails, and the luxurious Premium Group. It adds a fold-flat front passenger seat with power four-way lumbar and in-seat cushion storage, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, premium cloth seats, and a 6-way power driver’s seat.

Choose the Crossroad and many of the optional features on the SXT become standard, including the leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel and power seats. Also standard on the Crossroad are leather bucket seats with optional heating, a 6-way power driver’s seat with 4-way power lumbar, and a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen for the Uconnect infotainment system. The system gets an upgrade, too, with a CD/DVD player, SiriusXM radio, and MP3 capability with optional navigation.

Adding the navigation package also adds three-zone automatic air-conditioning control, a universal garage door opener, ParkSense rear park assist, and ParkView reversing camera. The driver convenience group offers most of the same features, but without the climate control or navigation. Also available is the Rearseat Video Group, which includes a premium sound system, 9-inch overhead video screen for the second row, remote control, and wireless headphones. All of these packages are available exclusively on the Crossroad and GT trims.

At the top of the Journey lineup is the GT, offering the greatest number of standard and available features. It has 19-inch Satin Carbon aluminum wheels, an overhead console with an interior observation mirror and room for sunglasses, premium door trims, and leather-trimmed bucket seats with perforated inserts that are also heated. There’s also a 6-speaker premium audio system with a 368-watt amplifier and an optional Trailer Tow Prep Group with a four-pin trailer-tow connector wiring harness.

Pricing for the 2018 Dodge Journey lineup has not yet been announced, but Dodge says this year’s Journey will be the most powerful three-row SUV available priced under $30,000.

Any pictures of the new Dodge Journey?

Choose the Crossroad and many of the optional features on the SXT become standard, including the leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel and power seats. Also standard on the Crossroad are leather bucket seats with optional heating, a 6-way power driver’s seat with 4-way power lumbar, and a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen for the Uconnect infotainment system. The system gets an upgrade, too, with a CD/DVD player, SiriusXM radio, and MP3 capability with optional navigation.Nox Showbox Mobdro

any updates??

↡ Advertisement