Borneo not selling me their Toyota

Beemer77

Sure or not??? Since when u become BM Sales?? [:p]

My friend's tomyam Altis drive shaft dropped off! [knife]

Luckily never kanan accident & under warranty!!! :o

its all hearsay. people always say their friend car got this problem, got that problem etc.....the story is never ending. but if the shaft is enough to affect you, then dun buy it.

↡ Advertisement

Booked the most reliable Toyota a few months back. Borneo did not bid for my COE For the past 5 bidding exercise. Only 1 bidding left next week. Looks like they're not desperate to clear their stock?

How come!!!

I thought they'll be really desperate now but apparently not.

shipment delay for the color/model u choose?.......i've never heard before BM fail to get coe......... maybe u'll be the one making the record... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

If you booked it at the lowest price when COE was at its bottom, don't dream of BM bidding the COE for you now that it has risen more than double, not unless you are prepared to top up on the price. Simple economics, if a sale is going to set the company back by a few grands, why bother to proceed. After all, BM is a business concern and not a charity. I'm saying all these because I've tasted the same medicine. [bigcry]

If i key in the buyer's NRIC, will it invalidate the dealer's COE bid? How does one check whether the dealer has bid for you? Sorry, I can't remember / don't know if there's a thread dealing with this question. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

If i key in the buyer's NRIC, will it invalidate the dealer's COE bid? How does one check whether the dealer has bid for you? Sorry, I can't remember / don't know if there's a thread dealing with this question. Thanks

just key in your nric and check

agent also do the same

LTA computer only recognise nric number, does not care who key in

when i checked mine, the agent also simultaneously checking for me, me at home, the agent in office ....of course all show same result ....outbid ..:(

(but nvm, got open cat, register immediately)

Neutral Newbie

Aiya no worriess...big players all have many COE keep in stocks and FYI COE(ALl CATS) will have 6mths lifespan b4 it being register to a new car...Playing those wait and see game....seeing the demands & the market response

Aiya no worriess...big players all have many COE keep in stocks

Oh, I see. When a customer books a car, they always ask you to sign a form to allow them to bid for the COE for you. I assumed that the procedure is to wait for your car to arrive then they start bidding in the customer's name.

I notice that there is an option to bid as a company. From what you say, I suppose the big players can use this category to flood the system with a big number of bids to capture a large number of COE's & use it slowly over 6 months. Maybe this is why the car prices do not drop by as large an amount as the drop in COE price

They give a "reserve price" on the COE when the customer books a car. I wonder how they compute what this amount is (so that it benefits them).

I think BM probably waiting for the COE to peak (avoid those buying for CNY), hoping that the COE will drop a bit.

Otherwise, they probably have Open Cat for TS.

Open Cat can backdate to 3 months, the difference won't be that much from the point when TS booked the car.

Anyway, u can do some calculations, the markup is more than $10k for the cheapest BM car.

So, it probably translate to a slight loss of profit rather than losing money when they sell to TS.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi all,

BM will only bid COE for their customers when the stocks arrive, else keep holding. Dun worry now as the COE is on the upward trend, means u benefit from getting a higher COE value.

my opinion on the recent Toyota recall is being over-blown by the US gahmen as they own GM which is losing money n lost the lampar 1 position in the world, so they sore eye Toyota overtook them, now with this opportunity, blow up the whole situation to kill it, politically n monetarily.

Questions:

1. who supplied the parts for toyota cars made in US? (i m sure US parts r not as good)

2. how come only affect mostly cars in US n left hand drive markets?

3. i read somewhere that LTA has the figures that every year about 50,000 cars r being recalled for various reasons, y no one bothered b4? (correct me if i m wrong in the figures, thanks with no sacarcism)

aiya, if toyota cars r bad, then other cars like GM r junks, else they wont b bankrupt (inefficient engines, lousy design models, bulky, not practical, outdated technology etc etc etc).

i still believe in toyota, honda, hyundai, just like mercs n bmw, even vw. i mean how many of the toyota owners in singapore do experience bad things in a toyota car as compared to other brands? even the prius owners in singapore have no problem with their cars.

recall is just to play safe for many instances n free upgrade to newer, better n more reliable parts. its FREE.

cheers

[drivingcar]

Edited by Famekoh

Turbocharged
(edited)

hi all,

BM will only bid COE for their customers when the stocks arrive, else keep holding. Dun worry now as the COE is on the upward trend, means u benefit from getting a higher COE value.

my opinion on the recent Toyota recall is being over-blown by the US gahmen as they own GM which is losing money n lost the lampar 1 position in the world, so they sore eye Toyota overtook them, now with this opportunity, blow up the whole situation to kill it, politically n monetarily.

Questions:

1. who supplied the parts for toyota cars made in US? (i m sure US parts r not as good)

3. i read somewhere that LTA has the figures that every year about 50,000 cars r being recalled for various reasons, y no one bothered b4? (correct me if i m wrong in the figures, thanks with no sacarcism)

aiya, if toyota cars r bad, then other cars like GM r junks, else they wont b bankrupt (inefficient engines, lousy design models, bulky, not practical, outdated technology etc etc etc).

i still believe in toyota, honda, hyundai, just like mercs n bmw, even vw

cheers

[drivingcar]

I think Thai made car is still using Cable type of Pedal while Toyota in USA is using Electronic Pedal.

plus a lot of other conti car are also doing the recall from the same supplier liao.

Cable type pedal dont have to worry about electronic defects.

Edited by Joseph22

hi all,

Questions:

i still believe in toyota, honda, hyundai, just like mercs n bmw, even vw. i mean how many of the toyota owners in singapore do experience bad things in a toyota car as compared to other brands? even the prius owners in singapore have no problem with their cars.

recall is just to play safe for many instances n free upgrade to newer, better n more reliable parts. its FREE.

cheers

[drivingcar]

Recall for minor problem - we don't mind. BUT when People DIED or become Vegetable, its 1 recall TOO Many. My Toyota bot in Spore in 2004 got the Stuck Pedal, total 4 times experience with increasing speed. I'm lucky for quick thinking and less cars on the road. If not I also dead already. I already soldit in Dec 2008. All those while, I thot its dirt and not enuf grease...

So brudder, whatever US Gov is doing whether to boost their own car brands is not the issue. If Toyota can proof their cars are no problem, then OK but > 8.5mil cars recalled for more and more problems;just this morning recalled 50k cars for leaky tube even in Lexus model, frankly there's alot of cover-up.

Let's not hope US cars have serious recall problems as people can die from it...

Don't let your loyalty overrule your thinking.

I won't buy another Toyota...

Neutral Newbie

won't buy another toyota

Toyota to replace oil hose

DETROIT - TOYOTA Motor Corp will replace an oil hose in some 933,800 vehicles in the United States due to the risk of a potential leak that could damage the engine if left untreated, the automaker said on Monday.

On some Camry, Avalon, Rav4 and Lexus vehicles equipped with V6 engines, the rubber portion of the engine oil hose may develop a small hole, potentially causing oil leakage and engine failure, Toyota said in a document sent to US dealers and obtained by Reuters on Monday.

Owners of the vehicles can have the oil hose replaced with a newly designed one at Toyota dealerships at no charge until March 31, 2013. The work will take about an hour.

Toyota spokesman Brian Lyons confirmed the company had sent the document on a 'limited service campaign' to US dealers. He added that the oil hose issue is not a safety issue and the vehicles are not being recalled.

Safety issues have already forced Toyota, the world's top automaker, to recall more than 8.5 million vehicles worldwide.

Toyota global quality control chief Shinichi Sasaki and North American President Yoshimi Inaba are scheduled to appear before a Senate committee on Tuesday for a third hearing on its handling of consumer complaints about sudden acceleration. -- REUTERS

more problems

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/M...ory_496715.html

↡ Advertisement