HID approve by LTA liao???

Got this from their website

The use of HID headlamps/whiter headlamp bulbs is a technological trend in the automotive industry. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has allowed HID headlamps to be fitted on vehicles because such headlamps have been used worldwide and they are purpose-built by vehicle manufacturers to ensure that they are safe. Like other headlamps, HID headlamps must comply with the relevant safety standards and be properly installed and aligned.

HID headlamps are more energy efficient and can improve the visibility of drivers as compared with standard halogen lamps. A motorist using a HID lamp system is able to see up to 100 metres to the front of the vehicle, compared to about 58 metres with standard halogen lighting

With the increasing trend on the use of HID headlamps, there has been feedback from motorists that such headlamps are brighter and tend to cause glare. In an attempt to reduce the propensity of glare caused by HID headlamps to other road users, some vehicle manufacturers have incorporated an auto-levelling feature, which automatically adjusts the headlamp angle and direction based on road and driving conditions.

With effect from 1 January 2010, LTA will require all newly registered vehicles, except motorcycles, fitted with HID headlamps to be equipped with an auto-levelling feature.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

All along, LTA has allowed factory-fitted HID...only from 1st Jan 2010 onwards, then these cars must be fitted with auto-levelling features..

aftermarket HID is still a no no though..

Turbocharged

"With effect from 1 January 2010, LTA will require all newly registered vehicles, except motorcycles, fitted with HID headlamps to be equipped with an auto-levelling feature"

i would think it is applicable for new vehicles? better email them for B/W approval confirmation before fitting..

Neutral Newbie

"With effect from 1 January 2010, LTA will require all newly registered vehicles, except motorcycles, fitted with HID headlamps to be equipped with an auto-levelling feature"

i would think it is applicable for new vehicles? better email them for B/W approval confirmation before fitting..

All along, LTA has allowed factory-fitted HID...only from 1st Jan 2010 onwards, then these cars must be fitted with auto-levelling features..

aftermarket HID is still a no no though..

yah lah.... wat was 'super' fit thinking??? [laugh]

Turbocharged

yah lah.... wat was 'super' fit thinking??? [laugh]

he wanna transform his superfit into superHID mah... [laugh]

he wanna transform his superfit into superHID mah... [laugh]

think he gotta solve his battery problems first... poor chap... buy batt also can kanna con.... if it was cams/pistons... [knife][dead] ....

anyways i wanna go down the batt shop take a look 2molo... see if the ppl try to con me... [laugh]

My car already HID lah just thinking if I go inspection next year do I need to disconnect my HID first or not. In this case I think I better disconnect before going inspection. BTW my fit not SUPER lah. [laugh]